Nicole Says: If Blair Decides To Marry Louis, 'Gossip Girl' is OVER

Mon, January 16, 2012 10:41pm EST by 37 Comments
Chuck Blair

I’m extremely disappointed with how the Jan. 16 episode of ‘Gossip Girl’ panned out. I hate to say it, but if Blair marries Louis the show is totally OVER.

On the Jan. 16 episode of Gossip Girl, we took a trip into the future,  skipping over the hospital-drama and landing right into the upcoming weeks before Blair’s (Leighton Meester) wedding. And much to the dismay of Chair fans — it looks like Queen B has made her final decision to marry Prince Louis (Hugo Becker).

The last time we saw Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair together, they were confessing their love to each other in the back of a limousine. But now everything has changed after their near-death car crash.

Apparently, Chuck barely survived, but it was Blair’s prayer that brought him back to life. B said a prayer promising  that she would follow through with her “vow” to marry Louis if only Chuck could live. And miraculously, he did.

And now this is WHY she won’t call off the wedding!!

I think this is absolutely the most absurd thing that I’ve EVER heard! First of all, Blair did not make a vow to Louis — YET. She has not made a promise to love Louis for the rest of her life in a church! They aren’t married!! God wants Blair to be happy, right? And if Blair feels dead inside without Chuck — which she said she did — I think God would be OK with Blair leaving Louis instead of living the rest of her life in a LIE.

Someone needs to knock some sense into Blair’s head and I’m hoping it will be Serena (Blake Lively). Gossip Girl Executive Producer, Josh Safran, did say that Serena will be right by Blair’s side throughout the wedding. Maybe it will be her sensible words that will have her to call off the wedding?

If not, I think Gossip Girl is headed towards dark days. NOBODY wants Blair to marry Louis! And even if she strays and has a secret affair with Chuck, again, it won’t be the same. Chuck and Blair have so much potential! They are the definition of true love!

I think a lot of the show’s fans — like myself– feel very disappointed with the direction our favorite chairytale is headed…

And here are my ‘OMG’ moments of the Jan. 16 episode:

#1) Chuck and Blair’s final love confession
Blair definitely owed it to Chuck to explain WHY she has been ignoring him since the car crash. And even though she didn’t fully explain the situation to him — she did assure him that she will always love him. “Just because we can’t be together doesn’t mean I don’t love you,” Blair said to Chuck. “I saw what was important and I made the only choice I could.” But Chuck, of course, refused to accept this and said he would continue to fight for her! Hopefully he can do this BEFORE she walks down the aisle Jan. 30!

#2) Blair Loses The Baby

Queen B is no longer carrying Louis’ baby. As we  predicted, she lost it in the Dec. 5 car crash. I wasn’t sure where that storyline was going to go anyway…

#3) Serena and Dan Kiss

And as one door closes, another one opens. Serena (Blake Lively) — being the best friend she is — covers up Blair’s secret by lying and saying she is the one who actually has a relationship with Dan (Penn Badgley). This leads them to kissing at the stroke of midnight on New Year’s Eve. It’s totally obvious that Serena is still so in love with Dan, but is the feeling mutual?

#4) The Real Charlie is Revealed

In Lily’s (Kelly Rutherford) search to find out where Charlie (Kaylee Defer) fled to after the night of the car crash, she actually runs into the REAL Charlie! Is this the new blonde who is going to steal Nate’s (Chace Crawford) heart?

What did you think about tonight’s episode, HollywoodLifers? Do you think Blair has  made her final decision about Louis? Will Serena and Dan’s love reignite? VOTE and sound off in your comments below!

XOXO

– Nicole Karlis

Get More ‘Gossip Girl':

1. Gossip Girl’ Scoop: Blair May NOT Be A Runaway Bride, Says EP Josh Safran
  2. Nicole Says: Why Blair Waldorf Will Leave Prince Louis For Chuck Bass On Her Wedding Day
  3. ‘Gossip Girl’ Wedding: Blair Would Never Say ‘I Do’ With Such Messy Hair

Ashley Benzo Fan

Posted at 7:01 PM on January 17, 2012

Thank you Nicole. You captured my feelings feelings exactly.

Kim

Posted at 6:10 PM on January 17, 2012

The writers have seriously lost their minds when they thought Blair’s pact with God was a valid reason to keep Chair apart. These two are enivitable.

Steph

Posted at 5:44 PM on January 17, 2012

I love chair, always have always will. I stopped watching the show after the whole giving Blair to uncle deary.
I keep coming and check was going on because I won’t watch a show to get mad every single week.
Seriously Dan and Blair, now? Everyone knows that even if they settle down on their own they would always remember and loved the other one.
Writers I’m missing my GG fix, get them back together because Blair is not someone to get married and then get a divorce. And seriously I doubt GG has still more life

vanessa

Posted at 4:59 PM on January 17, 2012

Blair + Chuck = HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!

Lori

Posted at 4:36 PM on January 17, 2012

I love Nicole..right on

Suzy

Posted at 4:32 PM on January 17, 2012

No Chuck and Blair CHAIR, NO SHOW

Andrew

Posted at 4:29 PM on January 17, 2012

I think it is ridiculous the writters bring in a guest star to marry the main character on the show whos been involved with her soulmate (Chuck) since the begining. Running out of places to go on GG..I think so! The writting has gone down hill and they just wanted a Roayal Wedding since all the Kate Royal wedding stuff. Sell outs? YUP

aleja

Posted at 4:12 PM on January 17, 2012

also i think that chuck muss move over and forget about blair…this two BELONG together but they have been trough a lot of things and it is not the same anymore. i like DAIR i really think they are a great couple, dan loves blair,and deep inside blair has feelings for dan. I love CHAIR, the season 2 was really good, but i just say CHUCK GET OVER AND MOVE ON, and BLAIR YOU NEED TO LOOK BETTER AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME WITH SUCH A STUPID PRINCE! (and all the god storyline i think it was patetic)

Shea

Posted at 3:59 PM on January 17, 2012

I think with the spoiler pictures released of Blair running down the streets in a wedding dress, it’s pretty obvious what will happen. She’ll keep this up until the wedding and (in true corny movie melodrama that the writers have lowered themselves to) leave him at the aisle and run into Chuck’s arms.

anna

Posted at 5:39 PM on January 17, 2012

I don’t know..I heard those pics could be part of a dream sequence…Blair tends to have those….

Alex

Posted at 2:42 PM on January 17, 2012

Gossip Girl is nothing without Chuck and Blair. Sorry but they are the ones who make this show unique. I am done with GG if we won’t have Chuck and Blair’s love. They shoud reunite and have their happily ever after.

Sanda

Posted at 1:21 PM on January 17, 2012

The movie doesn’t exist withouth Blair & Chuck together but I’m sure they’ll be together! love them! :X

Zari

Posted at 1:07 PM on January 17, 2012

Great review Nicole! The GG Writers have ran out of ideas to keep Chuck and Blair apart and only because they wanted to have their Royal Wedding on the 100th episode. The only wedding people care about is Blair and Chuck’s.

the writers need to come up with interesting and realistic storylines, they will get to the point where Ed and Leighton’s acting won’t be enough.

Missy

Posted at 12:54 PM on January 17, 2012

The writting is going completly down hill. Season 2 was the best..where are THOSE writters?!! If you cant come up with quality material end the show already..end on top not like this all ship wrecked. Love Chuck and Blair and they are the only reason I watch

Chris

Posted at 12:52 PM on January 17, 2012

Sadly this pair has me in a choke hold but I so agree with this recap, all of it. Im so sick of the waiting and obviously they are out of ideas. We deserve this couple to be happy already!

Adrienne De Chair

Posted at 12:49 PM on January 17, 2012

The episode was horrible,even with Ed and Leighton’s excelent talent. But i have to admit i’ll never stop watching because i know they will be reunite because they are Chuck and Blair,Blair an Chuck<3 Loved the article Nicole!!!

Mickey

Posted at 12:49 PM on January 17, 2012

Great article!
I hate how they keep trying to keep Chair apart, giving them obstacles and keep tainting their epic love. I bet thats because Chair’s the only one that’s keeping the show alive but they shouldn’t forget people will lose patience and are tired of what they are doing – keep destroying Chair

Sunny

Posted at 12:35 PM on January 17, 2012

I cannot take the show or the stupid obstacles they’re shoving between Chuck and Blair. I’m just tired of it.

Joanna

Posted at 11:28 AM on January 17, 2012

Words cannot describe how absurd this plot is and how crazy Blair is being by sticking to promise that will sentence her to a miserable life. Yes, God wants you to be miserable Blair or at least the writers want you to stupidly believe that so they can keep Chuck and Blair apart.
The Chair scenes were painful to watch and Ed and Leighton killed them. But the episode was all in all terrible so was the writing. Chuck and Blair is the only saving grace.

Emily

Posted at 11:26 AM on January 17, 2012

Love this recap, and I was just as disappointed as you. Why do they keeping trying to find new ways to put off Chuck and Blair? I think we’d all be better off seeing them get a little bit of happiness instead of this total emotional destruction every week.

Serena was so sweet this episode, though! I hope someone loves her for the real her soon.

lexie

Posted at 11:24 AM on January 17, 2012

Thanks for this. I had hoped this was all going to be a nightmare, but ,sadly, it’s just going into making viewers nightmares more than anything. I am wondering as you are, why was Blair’s baby story glossed over like this after all the buildup?Wh y is Blair suddenly making pacts with God? Why are the writers going so far as to use God as a road block to the inevitable Blair and Chuck? I’m perplexed at how this show stays on the air after this. I know one thing, Gossipgirl is losing this long time fan

Allie

Posted at 11:21 AM on January 17, 2012

Thanks for the recap. I totally agree that this is the most absurd plotline I’ve ever heard of. The last CB scene was amazing, but it’s just so frustrating to see Blair hurt Chuck like this. He’s been miserable for the entire season (and most of last season as well)- when does he finally get to be happy?

MedinaAndrew

Posted at 7:32 AM on January 17, 2012

my roomate’s step-mother makes $79/hour on the internet. She has been fired for 5 months but last month her income was $8076 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this web site… makecash16.com

Kezza

Posted at 6:24 AM on January 17, 2012

The best thing about this show is Chuck.
Move on Chuck you deserve better…

natalie

Posted at 12:42 AM on January 17, 2012

if blair does marry louie. i give up on gossip girl. its tiring to get our hopes up on chuck and blair finally being together and then its gone. o but then it comes back.. but then its gone.

B

Posted at 11:13 PM on January 16, 2012

I am a fan of the show, but forgive me I am so tired of how they go back and fourth with chuck and blair… Bottom line true love prevails so it is apparent that the producers want Blair and Dan. Even though Chuck and Blair belong together… now I want Chuck to move on and be happy!

Charlie

Posted at 11:37 AM on January 17, 2012

If they end Chuck and Blair for good because the producers decided to do a 180 and make Dan and Blair happen that is the biggest load of crap I’ve ever seen on TV. It’s not as some would love to say Pacey and Joey. Chuck and Blair are an even bigger fandom than Dan and Blair while Dawson and Joey were much smaller than Joey and Pacey. Plus Chuck is far more popular than Donut Humphrey despite all the writing trying to tear him down and make the Donut look better. But on Dawson’s Creek Dawson lost alot of popularity while Pacey was beloved. So basically you are saying the Gossip Girl writers arbitrarily decided they don’t care what the fans want and what they’ve been selling for 5 seasons now. Were they hypnotized by Penn Badgeley’s Muppet Hair? Does he have blackmail material on Josh Safran and Stephanie Savage? Or are the producers some of the biggest idiots in TV history? Because something smells rotten in Denmark.

Rilo

Posted at 6:01 PM on January 17, 2012

LOL!!!! I am dying laughing!!!!!