'RHOBH' Recap: Kyle & Kim Richards Fight Over Kim's Loser Boyfriend In Hawaii

Tue, January 10, 2012 1:08am EDT by 9 Comments
Kyle Richards

While Taylor Armstrong is dealing with a divorce from her husband in Beverly Hills, the tense relationship between Kim and Kyle Richards gets ugly in Hawaii.

The housewives are vacationing in Hawaii on the Jan. 9 episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills without Taylor Armstrongas she is in Beverly Hills ending her marriage to Russell Armstrong.

The prior episode showed Kim Richards calling Kyle Richards and admitting she would be missing her flight to Hawaii due to a non-existent driver’s license and missing passport. Kyle relayed this information to the rest of the group, so when the housewives sat down for dinner after Kim and her boyfriend Ken Blumenfeld finally arrived in Hawaii, it was imminent that the frustrated housewives would question Kim’s delayed arrival.

Kim lies to the group and says Ken had to work that day, even though she admits in an interview that she made up this excuse because she didn’t want to bother with details about the truth.

Kyle Richards’ husband Mauricio Umansky makes a toast “to the truth” and briefly tells Kim, “When you lie it makes tension and nobody can have fun.”

The next morning, the group goes out for the day on the catamaran without Kim and Ken as they are late once again. As they stay behind at the hotel, Ken promises Kim, “I’m not going to spend the whole night taking jabs… I’m going to be throwing them.”

As the entire group meets for dinner that night, Adrienne Maloof and her husband pull Kim aside to tell her positive things about how much they like Ken. Ken gets worried and defensive and approaches Adrienne and her husband to tell them to stop saying “bad things” about him. Ken says, “You had this face on like ‘I don’t want to be around when he hears this.’” Ken’s defensive attitude foreshadows the ugly confrontation that would occur later at dinner.

At dinner, Kyle is evidently frustrated with her sister and questions Kim’s lies and constant lateness. Kim consistently attempts to blow the situation off and ignore Kyle’s frustration.

Kyle angrily says, “You can laugh and try to blow it off.” Ken awkwardly chimes in and says, “We don’t care.” Kim and Ken make a dramatic exit during dinner and Ken says, “I’m tired of the whole thing and I wish we could just enjoy ourselves.”

As the majority of the episode focused on the exploding tension between Kim and Kyle, Taylor was briefly seen at home in Beverly Hills meeting with her friend Dana to announce the end of her marriage. As the housewives return home during next week’s episode, there will definitely be more in store from Taylor’s side of the story.

Kim’s strange behavior throughout the trip to Hawaii seems to be concerning some of the housewives and frustrating the others. What did you think of the Jan. 9 episode of RHOBH?

Lauren Kalma

patsy

Posted at 1:31 AM on January 16, 2012

Kyle is gross if she wanted to help her sister she wouldn’t be calling her out in front of everyone & her hubby has lost points with me on this esp Ken is gross I think he is the biggest problem Kim has I hope Taylor isn’t coming back next season I really like Brandi that Dana chick can go away too AD & Paul are way to normal I love them so much Lisa liking Brandi mad Kyle so mad I think that’s why she did it that’s why I love her & her old hubby lol Kyle & Taylor are the worst P.S I forgot Camille but I like her too

Linda

Posted at 11:40 AM on January 14, 2012

The notion that Kyle is hurt by Kim’s behavior is totally ridiculous. Even Mauricio is behaving like a jerk. They already know that punctuality is not Kim’s best habit and that Kim does not like to spend lots and lots of time with all of them, that she would rather be on her own.

All Kyle needed to do was, in the beginning, give Kim a copy of the trip itinerary and tell Kim that there would be no waiting involved, and that Kim was being invited to participate in however much of the trip Kim wanted, and that if Kim was late, the group would go on without her and Kim would need to make her own arrangements to catch up if desired.

If Kyle wanted to issue an ‘all or nothing’ invitation, she should have just told Kim that if she was late for any part of the trip, she was not invited to join in in the remainder of the trip.

All this whining and stressing out was totally useless, in the end, Kim did what she wanted anyway (which is what she should do). Kim should break up with her controlling, trouble making sister, and keep her boyfriend.

MeLu

Posted at 11:56 AM on January 10, 2012

I’ve heard Kim has gone into rehab. Anyone know if that true? I hope so because Kim has been out of control for a long time and while people think she’s an alcoholic I think she’s a prescription pill popper. She talked about her pills with Paul once and I’m surprised no one else (but Brandi) has caught on. Poor Paul, he’s legally bound not to say anything about Kim’s pills and I’m sure he knew the truth but couldn’t say anything due to Federal laws. As for Ken, he seems to be an addict as well. Who sleeps in until 11:30 AM (which Pacific time would be 1:30 PM Pacific. All their excuses, all their flakey behavior… it’s drugs. Didn’t Kim and Kyle’s niece – certain Paris Hilton – also have a drug problem?

cherryball

Posted at 5:03 PM on January 13, 2012

it is not drugs kim on or anythg else THAT MAN AND HER ARE HAVING ALOT OF SEX!!!! DUH!! PLUS HE MIGHT WORK NIGHT SHIFTS YOU NEVER KNW, BUT THEY ARE HAVING ALOT OF SEX!!! i can tell!! i kw these things.

Ann

Posted at 11:21 AM on January 10, 2012

It’s obvious Kim has issues and her boyfriend Ken does not help. However, Kyle seems to harp way too much about this and trying to create more drama than necessary. At some point she needs to lay off.

Taylor/Shana is fake crying and whining again about being a victim (so predictable). Taylor expects her only friends from RHOBH to leave their vacation in HI to be with her. How strange for a a middle aged woman not to have friends or family from her past to support her and is dependent on her new and only friends from only RHOBH and hired help to be there for her. This is very telling about her and what kind of past she is hiding. I believe she was instrumental in Russell’s deise and uses every opportunity to exploit situations, isnt’ that right Shana Lynette?

sam

Posted at 10:43 AM on January 10, 2012

Kyle knows her sister has a big problem, why keep outing it on national tv…self serving much?!

cherryball

Posted at 5:06 PM on January 13, 2012

i know kyle i love u but u r pissing me off let your sister b happy u r happy n she see’s tht so she wants to b to. it been 18 years since kim been happy so let her b happy!!!!

Valentina

Posted at 10:17 AM on January 10, 2012

I’ve never liked Kim, but now I can’t stand her even more. All of those lies were far from necessary and she got caught in her own web. Ken is incredibly controlling but hey, I don’t care. Not my life, not my boyfriend. She’ll learn. I can see him getting violent in the long run, and I hope she sees that before it’s too late.
Side note: last week she said Mauricio isn’t all that great-looking, and this week she kept calling him “Maurice.” Obviously she can’t see, and it’s even more obvious that she can comprehend…because hello, he’s gorgeous, and it’s Mauricio.

Roberto

Posted at 12:25 PM on January 10, 2012

Boy how ugly is BF Ken? And paranoid?–Kim & Ken are tweekers/crackheads who are “spun” everytime we see them. I’m just glad Brandi (who I like) was not in their line of fire. Ken is a controlling thug as demonstrated by his response “we don’t care” to mean girl Kyle’s carping–that she continues to expose Kim in public gatherings is not only inappropriate but ineffective.