'Mob Wives' Star Drita D'avanzo Takes 9-Year-Old To See Daddy In Prison! Too Young?

Thu, April 21, 2011 3:54pm EDT by 31 Comments

Courtesy of VH1

Should Drita be bringing her little girl behind bars to see her mobster father?

Mob Wives star Drita D’avanzo wants her oldest daughter Aleeya, 9, to have a good relationship with her daddy, Lee D’avanzo. The only thing is that Lee is locked up — again! But Drita won’t be deterred and she takes Aleeya to visit her father in federal prison!

“The daughter visits Lee in jail — the other daughter [Gizelle] is only 3 so she doesn’t,” a source close to the family tells HollyBaby.com exclusively. “But they have a great relationship.”

Drita gave birth to Aleeya while Lee was away in prison the first time — he’s been locked up both times on bank-robbery convictions.

The first time Lee went away, Drita told Aleeya that her daddy was off working. But poor Aleeya still had to deal with her classmates teasing her that she didn’t have a daddy.

When Lee returned home, “her daughter had a really hard time adapting,” says the source. “When he first came home, Aleeya told all her friends, ‘See, I told you I had a dad.'”

But the second time Lee went away, Drita decided to tell Aleeya the truth. “The second time around she decided to tell her where her dad was so she didn’t think he up and left for no reason,” explains the friend.

With all that’s happened, Drita still stands by Lee’s side. “Drita and Lee are still very much married,” says the source. “She has her second thoughts every now and then, like anyone would after 12 years of marriage. But she is standing strong.”

Sadly it will be a long time before the whole family can reunite outside of prison. Lee “has another 2 to 4 years left,” says the source.

HollyMoms — do you think Drita should be taking her daughter to visit daddy in prison?

- Lindsey DiMattina, reporting by Jessica Finn

More Mob Wives Stories:

1. Karen Gravano On Mob Wives To Clear Her Name!
  2. Mob Wives Disgraceful To Italian-Americans!
  3. Karen Gravano & Renee Graziano Best Friends?

Candice V

Posted at 10:54 AM on May 3, 2013

Yes !! Thats her mf daddy !! Dont matter where he is !!!

Ricco

Posted at 4:09 PM on May 30, 2012

Drita at the end of the day your daughter has a father alive and well..where some daughters have no father to Love…give him and her the chance to bond and you wont regret your decision

kim

Posted at 5:42 PM on May 27, 2012

YES I AGREE SHE SHOULD TAKE HER DAUGHTER TO BE WITH HER DAD IF SHE FEELS IT IS THE RIGHT MOVE AFTER ALL SHE IS THE MOM AND NO MATTER WHAT EVERYONE ELSE MAY THINK OR VOTE ON AT THE END OF THE DAY THE CHOICE IS ENTIRELY HERS AND HERS ALONE SO I SAY DO WHATEVER YOU FEEL IS RIGHT FOR YOUR FAMILY. AND EVERYONE ELSE JUST GET SOME BUSINESS AND LEAVE HERS ALONE.

barbara w.

Posted at 9:12 PM on March 26, 2012

drita is a very good mom and there is nothing wrong with taking her daughter 2 see her dad i have been through my kids visiting in prison and they r adults now and they survived it you go drita u r the bomb screw what people think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mrz.erica

Posted at 1:51 AM on February 26, 2012

Yes u should take ur daughter 2see her father tell her tha truth cause she gona hear it somewhere else..I can image what your going threw I have 3 kidz age 3,6, nd 10 nd there dad in prison going on 3yr has 1more 2go nd I take them as often I can so they can see there dad they get so excited nd happy……So yes take her if she wants 2…..

Joey

Posted at 5:08 PM on February 23, 2012

Yes all kids should be able to have a father and the father needs to be in there lives especially fathers of boys cause all the girls getting pregnant today having boys with no cadets to teach em right from wrong is why so many boys are reuniting with there dads and grandpas in jail and prison and not in the visiting room as there cell mate.

mike jones

Posted at 6:27 AM on February 9, 2012

People are unreal to think just bcus a man is locked down he shouldn’t have a right to see his kid, I mean that what he has to live for he is still human when he comes home who will he have if he can’t see his family? Its also. A thing called unconditional love. And I have great respect for dritas loyalty she is a great woman for remaing loyal. I hate people that think else wise!

Haylee

Posted at 5:33 PM on October 31, 2011

Mya

Posted at 4:18 PM on June 22, 2011

Of course she should take her daughter to see her father! It doesn’t matter where he is she should be able to see and talk with her dad. Just because he is in prison you need to be honest with your kids and help them to except the realty of the situation and let them know that their father loves them very much no matter where he is. They need to know their dad and mom and know the truth and that both parents will love them not matter what.

karenoz

Posted at 11:25 PM on July 15, 2011

No way! I completely disagree! I say adults are free to do what they want, but bringing children into their lives to suffer the parents bad decisions is selfish and wrong.

micah

Posted at 7:51 PM on June 15, 2011

i have massive respect for drita..all the people who say she is wrong should go suck on an egg..i think its right for her to take her daughter to visit her father, every child deserves to have a father daughter relationship, and u can tell in the show tht aleeya misses her father and if going to see him in jail makes her happy then thats fine every child deserves happiness…no one should judge drita on that..if u were in drita’s position wht wud u do to make ur child happy? people should just mind their own business and leave drita be.
by the way i love mobwives and drita

Coka

Posted at 2:24 PM on June 9, 2011

She should see her father! My sons dad is locked up as I write & I take him to see his father very often & my son is two. My son misses his father & who am I to tell him he can’t see him? Yes; I’m his mother but I have to keep a relationship going with them. My son is terrible if he isn’t around his father; So I can’t deny him seeing him. He needs a father figure & I’m his wife; we’re suppose to stick by each other; he only got 14 weeks left before he comes home anyway!

All in all; SHE NEEDS A FATHER; IT’S NOT EASY WITHOUT ONE!

Jel

Posted at 6:11 PM on May 16, 2011

I think it’s okay, Drita wants her daughter and her father to have a relationship, so this is the only way that can happen. It’s her child, and I’m pretty sure she’s not seeing people getting shanked when she goes to visit him, so why not?

Shaniqua

Posted at 2:27 PM on May 23, 2011

This article is incorrect.
First of all, he is not in federal prison, he is in NYS prison – Groveland Correctional Facility in Sonyea, New York to be exact.
He also does not have 2-4 years left on his sentence, the earliest he will get out is 3/26/2012 – his conditional release date. The latest he whould be in is 11/25/2013 – making the max time 2-1/2 years, not 4.
This is all of course barring any additional charges he may incur while inside.
Get your facts straight – how embarrassing!!!

raykaysha

Posted at 5:27 PM on June 6, 2011

he is not in groveland.

Toni

Posted at 5:52 PM on June 20, 2011

Wow! You must work in the system to be able to put this information here, well, good for you…

yolandaedwards

Posted at 1:44 AM on May 16, 2011

I have mad respect for derita; i just wish she would punch the crap out of karen… I think karen is holding on to a life that do not want her an a bit jealous of derita… To Derita i think you are doing right by standing by your man: let it play out when he comes homes an see where it goes from there… Never kick a man down when he is at his lowest you stand beside him no matter what; an if was meant to be it will be but if not you walk away… Now far as you taking your daughter to see her father while he is lock up; i text yes an no; its good you put the cards on the table an not lie to her about his well being but do not force her to visit him if she refuse to. All children need some kind of bond with there father’s lock up or not… Wish you the best dee :)!!!

yolandaedwards

Posted at 1:42 AM on May 16, 2011

I have mad respect for derita; i just wish she would punch the crap out of karen… I think karen is holding on to a life that do not want her an a bit jealous of derita… To Derita i think you are doing right by siding by your man: let it play out when he comes homes an see where it goes from there… Never kick a man down when he is at his lowest you stand beside him no matter what; an if was meant to be it will be but if not you walk away… Now far as you taking your daughter to see her father while he is lock up; i text yes an no; its good you put the cards on the table an not lie to her about his well being but do not force her to visit him if she refuse to. All children need some kind of bond with there father’s lock up or not… Wish you the best dee :)!!!

brandy

Posted at 11:01 AM on May 15, 2011

the little girl is 9 years old!! she should NOT BE INSIDE a prison! if her “daddy” wanted a good relationship with her he should have been smarter and not committed any crimes!!the only benefit from her visiting her father is that hopefully she will grow up to smarter then him and stay out of trouble

Coka

Posted at 2:17 PM on June 9, 2011

But what if the crimes happened BEFORE she was born?

pelms001yahoocom

Posted at 11:18 PM on May 12, 2011

I dont get into the politics of women, but yea visit daddy,
What i want to know is – where did Drita get those wine glasses with the different colors in the stem? Anyone know?
Patrick

susan williams

Posted at 11:24 AM on May 11, 2011

thats on her if she wants to take her. the child needs to know who her daddy is. to bad he is in jail but eh still has the right to se his kid. my dad was always in jail and i never got to know him . another man raise us and now my dad is dead and i hate the fact that i never got to know him and now its to late.so yes she should take her.

j

Posted at 12:02 AM on May 9, 2011

I don’t have a problem with her going to visit her daddy in prison. Why isn’t he listed on the BOP inmate locator, though?

Joy

Posted at 5:23 PM on May 8, 2011

I want Alleyah to understand that becaue your father is in prison that does not have anything to do with you. You are a child and not responsible for the things that adults do and that is important for you to understand. Drieta you have to do what you need for the mental stability of your child. That is important becasue if you are not handling correcttly then your child cannot either. I wish you all the best you are better woman than I because if it were me I would have left with no return address. I do no knowif I can handle having my husband in prison for 2 hours much less 4 years my hat goes off to you girl.

Glamorours

Posted at 3:02 PM on May 8, 2011

I did a two year bid with my husband in a New York State Prison that was 10hrs from me. Plenty of children much younger than her went to visit their fathers. My husband’s children who are not my children did not visit or write because their moms were mad that he was no longer with either so they did it out spite. Only to turn around and beg for him to come back to them two months prior to his release. And all it does is hinder their growth and change. Both father and children end up missing out on spending time together and wasting years they can’t get back. Seeing your father every weekend is much better than not seeing him at all. The prison provide food while the children wait and they have toys and cartoons and a special area for the kids on the visiting floor. I use to watch the kids with their fathers on the visits and believe me you block out what’s around you and enjoy your time together. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. The time goes by much faster when you visit regularly. When a man sits in prison with no visit it can cause them to go crazy. Until you lived it you really can’t speak on it, because you don’t know what it’s like.

jazmin

Posted at 7:45 PM on May 1, 2011

a child still needs to see their father who are you to say what age limit is too damn young..i had to do the same thing as a young girl and again in my teenage years me and my father are close I thank my family for taking me to see him…i love drita she’s a strong woman !

Toni

Posted at 7:27 PM on May 6, 2011

I love Drita I love Mobwives, the show is awesome. You are all right! She should take her daughter to see her dad, I don’t see a problem with that and most importantly, it is not of my business. Drita is a strong woman and I know she will not let anything happen to her daugher, and I know she will research and know what has to be done in order to make arrangements for her daughter to visit, so I say hell yeah, her daughter should see her father. I like the man I don’t like how he talk to Drita and make her feel like shyt, I don’t like it at all, it is very very disrespectful especially when Drita does everything for this man and all he does is treat her very very mean nasty and disrespectful, sorry I don’t like him at all, but when it comes to kids yeah they need to know their dad, beside it is better for kids to see for themselves how their dad are and that way they can make their own decision on their parent. I know my daughter did that, I didn’t have to say anything my daughter can see it for herself and trust me she is so smart and she knows what men are all about and she will make sure she will end up like that but if she did she know how to get out of it, then again she got me and my sisters and we are all strong. So Hell Yeah, let her daughter see her dad, it’s nothing wrong with that and the girl seems she can handle herself, she seems like a great kid along with her sister.

Love & Peace
Toni

Lisa Bowers

Posted at 12:16 PM on April 29, 2011

I think what Drita decides to do when it comes to her daughter is her business….Personally I wouldn’t wait for her husband ,life is too short to sit around and wait for someone in 2-4 years…time has been wasted already Her and the daughters deserve to have a life!!!!! I know what she is going through in a way….

im goin to staten island!!!:)

Posted at 6:21 PM on April 25, 2011

I love Drita!. I love Mob Wives! its funny seeing where they go if u have been there and she should be able to take her kid wherever she wants. Remember its not your kid! So don’t judge someone else because their trying to keep a relationship! Let them be them and worry about your life!

Madkukla

Posted at 9:31 AM on April 25, 2011

I think it’s nobodys damn business where she takes her child as long as it is legal and doesn’t physically harm the child. Every child deserves ti have a father regardless if he is in jail. If he wants a relationship and so does the child who are we to tell this mother she I wrong. People need to mind their own business and take care of their own problems. I’m sure everyone has some that needs tending to insted of tending to someone elses. ;)

licole35

Posted at 1:51 AM on May 2, 2011

you are so right thats what wrong today world erverybody wants to judge other people life what ever works for her an her family she have to live her own life an she the only one who can love ya drita