'Real Housewives Of New York' Recap: Jill Zarin V. Alex McCord — Ramona In Middle?

Thu, April 7, 2011 11:00pm EDT by 13 Comments

After seeing the Season 4 premiere, whose side are you on: Alex’s or Jill’s?

With Bethenny Frankel gone, Jill Zarin has a new nemesis — Alex McCord. In the Season 4 premiere of The Real Housewives of New York City, Alex and Jill are at each other’s throats when they come face to face for the first time in months at Ramona Singer‘s party!

“Jill did some horrible things,” Alex tells the cameras. “You can’t just pretend that didn’t happen.” The whole interaction is just awkward — you can see it on their faces that neither woman is pleased.

“I just hope we can resolve it,” Jill says to Alex.

But then the two women come face to face again when they attend a wedding in the Hamptons — and Ramona seems to be in the middle instigating their feud. “I could have told Jill that Alex was coming, but what fun would that be?” Ramona laughs.

At the reception, Alex confronts Jill and Ramona sits in the middle of the two as if she is enjoying the battle!

What else happens on the season premiere:

• Alex starts a modeling career. “I got lucky in the gene pool,” Alex brags. “I’m modeling and we’re going to make money at this. It’s a business.”
  • We meet the newest cast member Cindy Barshop — who gets interrogated by Jill about being a single mom with young twin daughters. “I am living proof that a woman can have it all without a husband,” Cindy says.
  • Sonja Morgan shows off her new man toy — Brian — at Cindy’s art party.
  • Ramona interviews new assistants, and in the process insults one potential candidate big time by offering her beauty products. “You look like you could use some of my skin care,” Ramona says as she hands her products.
  • Countess LuAnn de Lesseps and Sonja go on a double date with their two men.
  • Jill has a powwow with her BFF Kelly Bensimon as she packs to head to Australia.

- Lindsey DiMattina

Kelly Bensimon: ‘Real Housewives of NY’ Fights Really Are Deep This Season! Exclusive!

‘Real Housewives Of New York’ Preview: Jill Zarin Not Happy With Alex McCord! Watch!

jordan

Posted at 2:21 PM on November 12, 2012

haha , I just watched RHONY thanks to my sister and I gotta ask ( cuz I don’t believe my sister this aint a comedy parody ) is this ” real life ” ? That Alex looks like the old comedian off laurel & hardy , Stanley , yet she said she’s lucky she got lucky in the gene pool n is gonna make money in modelling ??? Bwahahaha…she is ? Hmm , maybe as the before model….before you have a $million of plastic surgery . Wow , she deffo must have a magic mirror in her room . And I thought that Kelly dick was the delusional one . ~That shows so hilarious ;P

Lulu

Posted at 3:10 AM on July 27, 2011

Sorry but Alex McCord is neither young nor pretty by any stretch of the imagination. If she has some kind of modelling career I imagine she’s paying someone to put her in a magazine. She and her wardrobe challenged,socially inadequate, bullying husband need to get off the show. They are ruining what used to be a really entertaining show. We can’t even watch it anymore because her ugly mug and bad acting and his desperation to be another housewife instead of working and getting a life like the other husbands on the show has made the program insufferable to watch. I heard that they may not be back, please God let this be true. I’d love this toxic couple to return to their pretentious, petty & boring little wanna be lives so I can have my show back please.

Victoria

Posted at 9:54 PM on July 28, 2011

I cannot stand watching Alex and her husband. She makes no sense and just unpleasant to watch. I had to switch channel the minute they are on. Please replace them and don’t ask them to return to the show PLEASE!

Ms. J

Posted at 2:04 PM on June 16, 2011

Ramona and Mario need to do battle with Teresa and Joe of Housewives of New Jersey. I would pay to see Teresa body slam Ramona to cement and then say to her husband darling wow that was a big pile of dog poop I stepped in opps my bad thats just our resident alcoholic Ramona Singer.
This season is off to a slow start lets get some house husbands please.

kimmy

Posted at 9:43 PM on June 11, 2011

Who in the right mind would give alex a modeling career she deff. did not get lucky in the gene pool…she is repulsive…if shes modeling anything it should be masks for halloween…nevermind she doesnt need a mask her face is scary enough.

KIM

Posted at 2:36 PM on April 22, 2011

I AM SORRY BUT ALEX IS SO UGLY AND I’M NOT A MEAN PERSON BUT SHE IS HARD TO LOOK AT. I DO NOT SEE HER AS A MODEL BUT WHAT DO I KNOW, AND BY THE WAY I WOULD NOT BRAG ABOUT YOUR GENE POOL BECAUSE IT’S NOT THAT GOOD AFTER SEEING YOU, SORRY BUT IT TRUE AND ANYONE THAT READS THIS KNOWS THAT

mary

Posted at 9:43 PM on April 14, 2011

The few times I have watched an episode of the New York housewives I always say to myself ” How did that unattractive, gawky looking blonde get on there?” whenever it shows Alex. Everyone I know who watched the episode where she is going to model stated the same thing. The woman is not attractive at all!! She may take good pictures but on the tube she is not the least bit pretty. Sorry Miss Arrogant w/ so called “Good Genes”, you are not what you think. Even if you were pretty your attitude would make you ugly.

jme

Posted at 12:30 AM on April 29, 2011

I sooooooo agree with everything you’re saying about Alex.. omg, did she actually say “good gene pool”..talk about delusional!! She is so homely, can u imagine what she looks like without makeup in the morning and her posture is horrendous!! There,I’ve said it and feel soooo much better :-)

gbtw

Posted at 6:37 PM on April 11, 2011

so happy i was able to cut myself free of watching these shows! but, clearly i can’t stop commenting… i mean, generally i’m OK (just OK, not more) with alex, but if she said that comment in seriousness, she needs to come down to earth. alex, i’m glad you’re making some money but that someone will pay you to model does not mean you were blessed. have you seen the ugly models out there? mostly, being able to model just means you have connections, the time to pursue them, and you’re not ugly- nothing more, nothing less. don’t get too full of yourself… ramona, you’re perfect. i don’t even care if you gloat and enjoy watching jill be dragged down for what she is. love that jill is stuck trying to be a mentor and bff to kelly… haha… she has CLEARLY mocked kelly’s craziness and stupidity in the past, so let’s see how long she can conceal her true feelings about that one. in short, long live ramona, and down with jill… (the rest are just for sidekicks)

Chris

Posted at 8:28 PM on April 9, 2011

JILL ZARIN IS TOO MUCH! I MEAN, THIS IS A WOMAN WHO SAID LAST YEAR, “I CAN’T CHANGE.” SO, NOW WE’LL SEE HER TRYING (SHE CAN’T PULL IT OFF) TO BE MOTHER THERESA. SHE’S JUST TOO MEAN-SPIRITED AND SHE DAMAGED HER IMAGE FAR TOO MUCH LAST YEAR FOR ANY MORE DAMAGE CONTROL.
KELLY IS STILL AS CRAAAZZZZYYYY AS EVER!!!!! SHE’S JUST CALMER-MAYBE MEDS, WHO KNOWS?
RAMONA WAS SO MEAN DURING THAT INTERVIEW PROCESS IT SURPRISED ME B/C SHE’S NORMALLY BENIGN, NOT MEAN. IF ANYONE CAN PUT ZARIN IN HER PLACE, IT’S RAMONA AND I LOVE THAT SHE ZINGS JILL RIGHT BACK!
I REALLY DO THINK ALEX IS VERY PRETTY AND PERSONALLY, I DON’T THINK THERE’S ANYTHING WRONG WITH ADMITTING YOUR GENE POOL WAS A GREAT ONE. SHE’S NOT SNOBBY, IN MY OPINION.
HOPEFULLY THE NEW GAL WON’T BECOME BFF WITH ZARIN OR SHE’S IN FOR A WORLD OF DRAMA AND TROUBLE.
THIS SHOW WON’T BE THE SAME WITHOUT BETHENNY. I’D RATHER WATCH THAT ANY DAY OVER THIS ONE.

Beyoncca

Posted at 11:26 PM on April 11, 2011

Do you mean the same Bethenny that had such harsh words to say about Alex and her husdand and The Countess Luane and any and every soul she felt need be to ream or belittle? Then the following season Bethenny didn’t have Jill to laugh at her self proclaimed “witty one liners” she resorted to playing the victum.

If you remember correctly Romona on the bridge last season called a {spade a spade} by letting Bethenny know what romona herself felt which was that Bethenny is a media whore and that she thinks Bethenny leaked all of her own stories to the press. Once Romona found out Bethenny was pregnant she changed her tone all together, blaming Jill for the alleged friendship’s demise.Hyporcrite Romona you want to be real; keep it real.

Ms. J

Posted at 1:47 PM on June 16, 2011

PLEASE BY ALL MEANS SIT WITH BETH(HENNY.) SHE’S A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR AND SHE COULDNT EVEN LET GO OF THE PAST SO SHE COULD SAY I LOVE YOU AND GOOD BYE TO HER DYING FATHER. THE REDEEMING FACTOR FOR BETHANNY IS THAT HER HUSBAND SEEMS MORE COMPOSED AND NORMAL THAN MOST ON THIS SHOW.

zhengdd01

Posted at 5:04 AM on April 8, 2011

◎★◎i very like web==lets go◎★◎

believe you will love it.

====( w w w )( shoes forking )( c o m )

BEST QUALITY GUARANTEE!!

There are many fashion clothes high-heeled shoes