Has Jennifer Lopez Had Work Done? Expert Docs Say Yes!

Fri, November 19, 2010 4:15pm EST by 29 Comments
Getty Images, SplashNews.com

Celebrity experts agree — she’s had ‘injectables in her forehead and cheeks!’ Was this necessary for someone already so gorgeous? Vote now!

So, I was flipping through photos of Jennifer Lopez, 41,  yesterday and I was struck at how amazing her face looks. Like, REALLY struck at how her “fresh” her face appears! Has JLo had a little bit of work done? I called the experts to weigh in…

Dr. Bruce Katz, board-certified dermatologist and Director of the Juva Skin and Laser Center, thinks she’s definitely had a little work done. “She’s had some Botox to elevate her eyebrows, probably Juvederm or Restalyne injected to plump the lips, and possibly had Radiesse injected in the cheeks to make them plumper.” He definitely thinks she looks great, though. “It looks natural, she doesn’t look overdone. She’s just restoring volume lost over age. She looks great. She’s gotten better with age.”

Dr. Steven Pearlman, New York City facial plastic surgeon, agrees with the assessment but with a twist. “Maybe the cheeks are slightly higher because of the way she’s smiling, but it’s possible she might have had something done to the cheeks. I believe she’s had Botox because there are no lines on her forehead and there are no crow’s feet but she had it done previously.” He also like JLo’s face. “(The work is )Very tastefully done. It’s not as obvious as some other work you see out there.”

What do you think, BFFs? Do you think La Lopez might have had a little work done? Vote now!

BTW, you can learn more about plastic surgery, injectables and more important medical matters from the good doctors at realself.com Always consult the experts before considering such a thing for your gorgeous face, BFFs!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

pam

Posted at 10:12 AM on April 26, 2014

she is the natural beauty !! and it’s normal that she had a little work done , i mean she not the youngest !!! when i get older of course i will use also botox for my future crinkles !!
i mean guys , look at Kim K ??? this girl is 10 years younger than J lo and had all plastic absurdly surgerys done !! this are very stupid things without sense !! there are more important things in this life, than just to think how your body parts look a like !! ugggghhh

Bizmuze

Posted at 9:34 PM on April 2, 2014

As an appreciator of J Lo, I was always struck by her tenderness, sincerity and absolute incredible beauty; I was alarmed to turn on American Idol and see a self conscious person who looked like someone familiar….somewhat like J Lo but perhaps either injected or battling something emotional,… .?

Sher

Posted at 1:02 PM on February 7, 2013

Jennifer has had several nose jobs; nostril reduction, nose tip refined, (new tip added), and she has had her jaw reshaped, in 1997 her photos show a broader, longer, oval shaped chin, her chin after 2009 beginning most notably with her movie of that year a narrower, shorter, and a re-shaped chin, with a definite elf like (pointy) shape, look at her pics from the Fly-Girls, through Anaconda movie she is almost unrecognizeable; she should just own it! Her surgeon is the best by far!

MV

Posted at 12:36 AM on October 8, 2012

People are just jealous of the beautiful latina lady Jlo,if she did what does it matter to u it’s her face quit hating. love u beautiful lady. MV

katie noboa

Posted at 7:37 PM on February 23, 2013

First of all J.L is not latina, latina’s are the South American women of Latin America, J.L is from PUERTO RICAN decents which
is an island in the carribean.

Mimi

Posted at 6:32 AM on May 3, 2012

what about all the surgery she had before the before pic? I saw her as a flygirl and them hips did NOT disappear through diet and exercise!

alisha

Posted at 3:01 PM on April 18, 2012

Jlo has had a lot of work done on her face and her body no woman at the age of 42 would look like that unless they had work done and when you look at jlo’s pics with and without makeup then you would no what I’m talking about she mingin without makeup she’s probably the most fakest celeb at the age of 40 and she acts like she hasn’t done nothing to het face come on tell the truth without make up your not pretty. Sorry I’m just speaking the truth. I don’t like people who lie when you can clearly tell she had her face done.

DC_Bella

Posted at 11:17 AM on February 21, 2013

You must have self concious issues! I’m 40, workout 4-5 times a week, eat healthy, tan minium, avoid the party life and limit the alcoholic drinks……besides the fact that I’m “LATINA”…I have very good genes. So with all that said…..I’ve never had surgery of any kind and still look as HOT as a 25yr old. Get complimented all the time! Give props to those who deserve it and work hard for it! Even if they had a boost in the cosmetic world! Don’t hate!

Buffy

Posted at 10:09 AM on March 14, 2014

First of all, you need to check your spelling! Second of all, all celebrities get work done, but at least she looks natural, and I am 100% sure you don’t look that great without make up either so get a grip on life lady. Let’s see how you look at 44!!!!

lisa

Posted at 11:40 PM on March 31, 2012

She better stop before something happens look at versace lady ..donnatella, and cher, and joan rivers, lindsey , all of them they are a shell of what they use to be,,,plastic monsters that look fake and strange…jlo is beautiful what is her insecurity issue? im predicting one or two more bats with the knife and we can say goodbye to latina of the decade.

doris

Posted at 4:53 PM on April 12, 2012

I don’t think she is having any cuts yet she looks so fresh and naturally , I am a RN and I agreed w the doctors she probably had only facial rejuvenation treatments, maybe laser and inyections she look gorgeous and very natural, just yesterday I was talking with my daughters and I was commented on her looks , I did not think she had a plastic surgery and if she did ,wow!! her Dr is fantastic!!!, but my conclusion is she only takes good care of her self if you have the money she has she can afford all this injections. SHE WILL NEVER LOOK LIKE JOAN RIVERS OR THE OTHERS SHE IS VERY SMART TO DESTROY HER LOOKS :)

DORIS

Posted at 4:59 PM on April 12, 2012

I meant if we have the mony she has we can afford all of those injections:)

Dunia

Posted at 9:07 AM on March 23, 2012

Well I think for 42 year old to be that pretty is very great because I can tell u I am obsessed with her her photos are all on me wallpapers and my room I just love her I always sIng her music I really love the song “I’m in to you” yer btw I don’t really care if she did a plastic surgery because I love her how ever she looks like
I LOVE HER

kenny

Posted at 5:54 PM on June 20, 2011

the beutiful person thing they did was more like most plastic face contest

Mark Anthony

Posted at 9:20 PM on April 21, 2011

I love her and no matter what she is a beautiful and I hope my wife sees this because I want you to know she is my favorite person in the whole world.Everybody knows that of course. Just a little shout out.

Chow

karen

Posted at 11:40 PM on April 19, 2011

She’s had so much done it’s not even funny. She was an average looking latina before the work. Check out all the sites with before and afters from a few years back. Totally different face! She does look great now but considering all the work she’s had done, many other women would too.

Nicole

Posted at 9:30 PM on April 5, 2011

I believe she had done a lot to her face to minimalize her hispanic looks.

Leslie

Posted at 12:21 AM on June 17, 2011

You obviously do not know what a hispanic woman looks like. She still looks very latina, which is a very broad/diversed look by the way.

Erica

Posted at 3:17 AM on March 7, 2011

The after picture looks photo-shopped to me. You can tell by her cheeks.. the lower sides of them, they look in bad quality. Even if it wasn’t, she is getting old but I have always thought she was beautiful! She always will be no matter what.

carolyn

Posted at 12:24 PM on November 21, 2010

I Literally was thinking the same thing about J-Lo yesterday as well…and agreed, she looks amazing but surely has something done!

mikal

Posted at 11:01 AM on November 20, 2010

Botox probably but nothing else, but looks like she already did botox in the before picture which isn’t old, the cheek she’s smiling differently and the lips it’s just lip gloss.

HM

Posted at 8:17 AM on November 20, 2010

Watch “Selena” to compare before and after.Also “awful cosmetic surgery.com” has pics of her.She is under “good cosmetic surgery.com” She looks better then before.

jess

Posted at 10:57 AM on November 20, 2010

Selena isn’t a good example either if you watch the behind the scene of the movie they really changed her facial features with make-up to make her look more like Selena, I don’t think she had worked done before recently and probably some botox on her forehead.

felicia

Posted at 6:58 AM on November 20, 2010

This is so dumb. Do you research before posting pictures. Your ‘ before’ image was taken last week at an event. ; |

jess

Posted at 3:11 AM on November 20, 2010

the before picture is one week old lol

mimi tholsted

Posted at 5:30 PM on November 19, 2010

hA HA HA THATS A GOOD ONE HA HA HA

disco

Posted at 4:27 PM on November 19, 2010

As we age we lose body fat. So eating just a little more isn’t a bad thing, plus its cheaper than surgery.

Britt

Posted at 6:59 PM on November 19, 2010

That’s one of the most idiotic things I’ve ever heard.
#1-Not everyone looses fat but rather gains body fat as they age.
#2- You don’t have to eat “fatty” foods alone to gain weight.You can also eat starchy,sugary,carbs etc. and gain just as much or more weight.
#3-You cannot control where the fat you eat goes in your body.At least with injectable’s you can control where tha fat is deposited.

FD