Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber are ENGAGED as of July 7, 2018, and you can get to know everything about the Biebs’ bride-to-be with five fun facts here.
Hailey Baldwin, 21, ended 2017 on a high note, when she was first linked to Canadian hottie, Shawn Mendes. The top model was spotted swaying along with the “Stitches” hitmaker at a Daniel Caesar concert in Toronto on Dec. 17, and they looked super cute together in fan Instagram videos. Of course, she’s been linked to other sexy crooners from north of the border including Drake, 31, and most notably Justin Bieber, 23. She dated Justin at the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016, but they decided to call it off after just a few months together.
UPDATE: However, the on-off lovebirds rekindled their romantic relationship at the end of May 2018, less than one month after Hailey attended the Met Gala with Shawn (both she and Shawn have insisted they were never romantically involved). Following their reconciliation, Justin and Hailey remained inseparable for weeks. Then, during a July 4 weekend trip to the Bahamas, Justin popped the question on July 7. Hailey said yes, and now, at just 24 and 21 years old, respectively, they’re gearing up to tie the knot. Here’s more to know about Hailey:
1. Hailey was born into the famous Baldwin brothers acting family. Her dad is actor Stephen Baldwin, 51, and her uncle is Emmy winner Alec Baldwin, 59. While her father is super conservative and ultra Christian, Alec is a loud voice for the progressive side of politics. He mockingly portrays Donald Trump on SNL, yet Hailey’s dad is one of the president’s supporters. Hailey has admitted that she doesn’t agree with her father’s views on politics, but said she would never let it affect their relationship as a family.
2. Hailey is a devout Christian. She never attended public school, and instead, got a Christian home school education, then attended classes at New Jersey’s Eastern Christian Schools. She is an evangelical Christian and frequently posts Bible passages on her social media. Hailey is often seen at Hillsong Church services with Justin.
3. Hailey has been modeling since 2014 and now is one of the most in-demand stars in the world. With her tall lean frame and gorgeous face, it was only natural that she went into modeling. Clothing brand French Connection took notice and gave Hailey her big break, having her front their winter 2014 campaign. In October of that year she did her first runway shows for TopShop and then designer Sonia Rykiel. She has since gone on to front campaigns for such high end designers as Ralph Lauren and has appeared in Vogue and other top fashion magazines, while also being in high demand on the catwalk.
4. She’s got friends in high places. Aside from her high-profile romantic relationships, Hailey is also friends with a number of famous faces, including Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Bella Hadid. Not a bad clique, right?!
5. Hailey has slammed rumors that she’s ever had plastic surgery. With her super plump pout and full, high cheekbones, she’s had to shoot down rumors that she’s had her face altered in any way. She told Evening Standard magazine in 2016 that, “Everybody literally thinks I’ve had plastic surgery. Do people want me to go to a doctor and have them examine my face so they can tell people I haven’t? My face has just matured. I grew into my looks. I do look different than I did when I was younger, but it’s still the same face.”