Sailor Brinkley-Cook is headed to the ‘DWTS’ ballroom for season 28. Sailor is stepping in for her mom, Christie Brinkley, after a last-minute injury. This is what you need to know about Sailor.
Sailor Brinkley-Cook is the newest member of Dancing With the Stars season 28. The 21-year-old model will be taking her mother Christie Brinkley’s place after a sudden injury in rehearsals. Christie broke her arm after falling during practice. Christie is a well-known supermodel and Sailor is already following in her footsteps. With Sailor being a surprise addition to the cast, you might be asking: who is Sailor Brinkley-Cook? HollywoodLife has you covered on that.
1. She’s a model, just like her mom! Sailor’s 2017 Sports Illustrated photoshoot with supermodel mom Christie, 65, and sister Alexa Ray Joel, 33, in a tiny black bikini wasn’t her first time modeling. She posed on the cover of Bella NYC with Christie and did a photoshoot with Teen Vogue in 2013. In 2015, she stunned in a photoshoot for Town & Country magazine’s November 2015 issue. Sailor, who is a miniature version of her mom, is slowly making waves in the modeling world, and there’s no doubt she’ll be as successful as her mom!
2. Sailor has a boyfriend! She is currently in a relationship with artist Benjamin Sosne. Sailor posted a sweet Instagram photo with Benjamin on Sept. 3 and wrote, “Dis guy.”
3. Sailor has another passion other than modeling. Sailor loves photography. That’s what she studied at the Parsons School of Design when she enrolled in 2016. Sailor is very interested in fashion photography and portraits.
4. She’s struggled with body image issues. Once the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue photo was released on Feb. 6, Sailor took to Instagram to reveal her struggles with body image. She admitted that she was “not loving how I looked and felt held back because of it.” Even though she had a wonderful and supportive family, she said she “still looked in the mirror and always somehow found something to pick on. I went from being ‘too fat’ to ‘too thin’ to ‘too muscular’ and I never felt satisfied.”
5. Sailor had a major moment with Zac Efron. Sailor has had major crush on Zac Efron since High School Musical. She revealed to Teen Vogue that she ran into him at a Zumba class at Bruce Willis’ house (yes, really) while vacationing in Turks & Caicos and had the best time with him. She saw him on New Year’s Eve and he said to her, “Hey Sailor, do you want to dance?” Just like Troy and Gabriella in High School Musical!