Dreams do come true! Auli’i Cravalhois has always wanted to be a Disney princess and now she is — she is the voice of Moana! Find out everything there is to know about the beautiful, 14-year-old Native Hawaiian.
Auli’i Cravalhois beat out thousands of girls who auditioned for the role of Princess Moana in Disney’s newest flick, Moana, but it turns out, the Oahu teen didn’t even think she was good enough to audition! Check out what else we know about this inspiring actress!
1) She didn’t think she was good enough — Like we said, Auli’i did not go into the audition process with a ton of confidence. “I was getting through my freshman year, and there were already so many great submissions over YouTube,” the new princess told People.
2) She was actually discovered — She caught the attention of an Oahu casting agent while singing at a charity competition! The agent brought her to LA where she was chosen as the voice of Moana.
3) She is making history — Auli’i will be the first Polynesian royal in the Disney Princess family!
4) She sings in her school’s glee club — The soprano has always dreamt of this moment. “I wanted to be a Disney princess and then I wanted to be a singer or an actress,” Auli’i told the mag about her dreams leading up to this moment.
5) She’s stoked to work with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (who plays the role of Maui) — “I am very excited about that, my gosh. I’ve never heard him sing before so it’s going to be really interesting!” she told the mag.
HollywoodLifers, mark your calendars — Moana comes out on November 23, 2016! Will you go see it? Let us know in the comments below!
— Shira Benozilio