Plus, familiar faces — including one that rhymes with Shmichael Shcott — return for one last goodbye!
After eight years and nearly 200 episodes, the doors of Dunder Mifflin closed forever — to the fans, at least — during the May 16 series finale of The Office, and the big ending went down in the most appropriately weird setting I could have ever imagined: Dwight’s (Rainn Wilson) wedding to Angela (Angela Kinsey)!
The nutty nuptials doubled as an excuse to bring back some old faces — including Andy (Ed Helms), whose tearful audition on America’s Next Acapella Sensation had since turned him into a viral sensation.
But no return was more welcome — or highly anticipated — than that of Michael Scott (Steve Carell), who had some super-weird words to say to the camera about Dwight and Angela’s union:
“I feel like all my kids grew up, and then they married each other. It’s every parent’s dream!”
Pam & Jim’s Big Announcement
We’ve been with Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fisher) through every phase of their relationship — meeting, dating, getting married and having babies — so it was only fitting that the series finale introduced another major milestone for the couple: Moving as far away from Scranton, Penn., as humanly possible!
The show’s main couple is packing its bags and moving to Austin, where I can confidently say they will never work at a place quite like Dunder Mifflin again.
More Final-Episode Revelations
1. Meredith (Kate Flannery) discovered her son is a stripper, and she’s totally OK with it.
2. Erin (Ellie Kemper) met her birth parents, played by Joan Cusack and Ed Begley Jr.!
3. Phyllis (Phyllis Smith) and Stanley (Leslie David Baker) were reunited.
4. Ryan (B.J. Novak) and Kelly (Mindy Kaling) ran off together!
5. Nellie (Catherine Tate) might have taken Ryan’s baby to Europe.
6. Oscar (Oscar Nuñez) is apparently very good at Oragami.
That last one really blew my mind.
HollywoodLifers, what did you think of The Office finale? Did it end exactly as you hoped, or were you left wanting more? Drop a comment with your review of the final episode!
— Andy Swift
More TV Series Finales:
- 90210 Series Finale: A Fan-Favorite Couple Finally Gets Its Happy Ending
- ‘One Tree Hill’ Series Finale: 24 Moments That Made Us Cry
- 30 Rock Series Finale: Did Liz Lemon Get A Happy Ending?