Baby Leah Almost Chokes To Death While 'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood Is High On Drugs!

An insider says Amber's drug and alcohol addictions are endangering the life of her 2-year-old daughter: "If I hadn't been there, her daughter would have died." Amber Portwood's 2-year-old daughter, Leah, almost choked to death while her mom was in a drug-induced haze, according to a new report! After the Teen Mom star and her ex-fiance, Gary Shirley, got into a huge fight, a source tells the National Enquirer that, "Gary stormed off and Amber was so mad that she dumped a bunch of Klonopin pills in her hand and swallowed them all." While Amber was incoherent, an eyewitness reveals that Leah, who was left unsupervised by her parents, started choking on a Hershey's Kiss that she had popped into her mouth! "The candy was still in the foil wrapper, and Leah was choking on it," says the source. "Amber was too messed up to react, so I shoved my fingers down Leah's throat to get the candy out of her mouth. Amber had no clue what was going on, but if I hadn't been there, her daughter could have died."

Gary struggles with the idea of being a single dad

Leah, who was made a ward of the state last week, has just returned home to Amber, who could face up to three years in jail on felony charges of domestic violence and battery after she physically abused Gary in front of her daughter. Her substance abuse issues — which reportedly include mixing painkillers, amphetamines and anti-anxiety drugs with vodka and tequila — are putting Leah’s life at risk. “It never crossed Amber’s mind that she wouldn’t be able to take care of her [Leah] in an emergency because she was too high to drive or think straight,” the source says. Do you think it is safe for Leah to be living with Amber?

–Leigh Blickley

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

More From Our Partners