Struggling to get your diet and workout routine together in time for beach season? Let celebrities like Khloe Kardashian and Britney Spears help you out with 15 of their top bikini body tips!
Before you know it, it will be time to break out the bikinis again, which can be a little terrifying if you spent your winter on the couch armed with Netflix and snacks. That’s why we’ve gathered all of the best diet and fitness tips from incredibly toned celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Carrie Underwood. Keep reading for the best bikini body tips from celebs and their trainers in the April 25 issue of US Weekly.
[hl_amazon_single url=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LGXE5NS/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00LGXE5NS&linkCode=as2&tag=hollywoocom-20&linkId=X6JF4PQW7ST6RIUV” header=”Shop!” title=”Survival And Cross Jump Rope”]
1) Julianne Hough: The former Dancing With The Stars pro swears that getting enough sleep (eight to 10 hours a night, to be exact) helps her stay slim.
2) JLo: The multi-talented and multi-tasking celeb meditates for 20 minutes every day, according to US, which lowers cortisol levels that have been associated with weight gain.
3) Carrie Underwood: Tabata sessions with trainer Erin Oprea are the secret behind Carrie’s enviable body. “I choose seven different exercises like squats, lunges or pushups and do eight rounds of each — 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off,” Carrie told the mag of her routine, which takes just 28 minutes.
4) Hilary Duff: This tip isn’t a fun one, but Hilary told Shape magazine that she cuts out alcohol when she’s trying to tone up. “I love my wine, but when I’m really trying to lose weight, that’s got to go,” she says. “Alcohol is a trigger to make bad choices, just like when I get too hungry.”
5) Sheryl Crow: The singer’s dietitian, Rachel Beller, says to increase your fiber intake (aim for 25 to 35 grams per day). To make this easier, she advises eating a fiber-rich breakfast like steel-cut oats topped with apples, chia seeds and hemp seeds.
6) Sofia Vergara: The instructors at Flywheel, where Sofia trains, recommend taping a picture of the celebrity you admire or swim suit you want to wear to your bathroom mirror to motivate you to get up in the morning and hit the gym.
7) Kim Kardashian: To lose the 60 pounds she gained with son, Saint West, Kim is sticking to a high-protein, low-carb diet.
8) Jenna Dewan-Tatum: Follow the former dancer and cut out excess calories by only drinking water.
9) Shakira: For toned legs, Shakira’s trainer, Anna Kaiser has the singer repeat this move 10 times: Standing with your feet shoulder-distance apart, toes forward, bend your knees and jump into the air, clicking your heels together. Land back at your starting position and repeat.
10) Kate Hudson: Kate’s trainer, Nicole Stuart says to start small by adding just five minutes of cardio into your daily routine. Kate is also a huge fan of The Booty Belt and she has the best booty — so you need to get one too!
11) Ellie Goulding: Writing down your workout and keeping track of your weekly improvements is a great motivator according to Barry’s Bootcamp CEO, Joey Gonzalez, where celebs like Ellie and model Alessandra Ambrosio train.
12) Khloe Kardashian: To lift and tone your butt, Khloe’s trainer, Gunnar Peterson, says to do six to 12 reps of squats while holding a 20-pound dumbbell.
13) Jessica Simpson: Taking extra steps every day like Jessica (she aims for 12,000) helps you to stay active throughout the day and burn more calories without even breaking a sweat.
14) Jessica Alba: Cutting out the processed foods like Jessica will not only help you drop weight, but you’ll feel healthier and more energized, too.
15) Britney Spears: Brit is a fan of sprint interval classes, like the Totally Drenched class at Drenched Fitness, which boosts metabolism and can burn up to 650 calories in just one hour.
Which tips will you be trying out, HollywoodLifers?