Robin Williams’ Wife Of 19 Years: ‘My Heart Is Split Wide Open’

Wed, August 13, 2014 10:18am EST by 18 Comments

So devastating. Beloved Oscar-winning actor, Robin Williams was found dead in his home on Aug. 11. Marsha Garces, who was married to Robin for 19 years and has two children, Zelda and Cody with the fallen actor, has issued a statement admitting, ‘my heart is split wide open.’

In the wake of Robin Williams death on Aug. 11 at the age of 63, his second wife, Marsha Garces, 58, who he was married to for 19 years, has issued a statement about her “immeasurable loss.” Read her heart-breaking message below.

Marsha Garces Robin Williams Ex Statement

Robin and Marsha met while she was working as a nanny for his son Zachary, 31. The former couple who were together from 1989 until 2008 have two children together, Zelda, 25, and Cody, 22. Although Marsha filed for divorce due to irreconcilable differences, it is clear from her statement below that she loved Robin very much.

My heart is split wide open and scattered over the planet with all of you. Please remember the gentle, loving, generous – and yes, brilliant and funny – man that was Robin Williams. My arms are wrapped around our children as we attempt to grapple with celebrating the man we love, while dealing with this immeasurable loss.”

Marsha’s touching words follow in the footsteps of his three children, and his wife of three years, Susan Schneider‘s emotional message about Robin’s passing.

In a public statement, Susan said, “This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin’s family we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

Our thoughts are with Robin’s loved ones at this time.

Robin’s Assistant & Best Friend Discovered Body

As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, the identity of Robin’s personal assistant, who discovered his body, has been revealed. Rebecca Erwin Spencer, 57, worked not only as his assistant, but was also one of the actors closest friends.

Not only did Rebecca discover Robin’s body, but according to Marin County Lieutenant Keith Boyd, a “distraught” Rebecca made the 911 call on August 11. Rebecca discovered Robin, “clothed in a seated position, unresponsive, with a belt secured around his neck with the other end of the belt wedged between the closed-door and the door frame.”  So sad.

HollywoodLifers, leave your thoughts and condolences below for Robin’s loved ones.

– Caitlin Beck

More Robin Williams News:

1. Robin Williams’ Daughter Zelda: The ‘World Is Forever A Little Darker’
  2. Robin Williams’ Best Friend/Personal Assistant Who Found Body Revealed
  3. Matt Damon: Robin Williams Brought ‘Joy Into My Life’ — See Statement

Melody-Lynn

Posted at 2:48 AM on September 16, 2014

Mr Robin Williams… I know God is with you b/c he loves you immeasurably as we love you from down here on His Creation. You’ve always made me happy since I was a little girl… And now as an adult, you were that constant light in everyone’s eyes.
I pray for his children and for everyone that had the priveledge in knowing him.
Perhaps when we all meet in Heaven up above, we can once again smile at you, laugh with you, and let you know how much you are so loved by the world.

anonymosme

Posted at 10:33 PM on August 20, 2014

MAY YOU FIND PEACE AND COMFORT IN ALL YOUR MEMORIES, GOD BLESS YOU, AND GOD BLESS THE LATE ROBIN WILLIAMS.

Reg

Posted at 5:18 AM on August 20, 2014

Lucky enough to have met Robin Williams back in 2009 in a restaurant in Sausalito. My wife and myself on holiday from Australia. He was so warm and charming and really made the conversation with us rather us badgering him which we did not want to do. We have always been great fans of RW and very sad he has gone. RIP Robin

martha Kowalkowski

Posted at 11:22 PM on August 19, 2014

Robin was a kind sensitive precious man and he’s in the arms of Jesus, and his children will see him again in eternity. Martha Kowalkowski

becky

Posted at 7:52 PM on August 18, 2014

yeah right….you seduced robin so you can milk out his money from the divorce settlement…you and his last wife drove the poor man into depression and suicide…may you rest in peace from your guild…you are just a gold digger just like his third wife

francie newton

Posted at 12:38 AM on August 20, 2014

that is a very nasty thing to say to a grieving family .robin would not like you if he met you . you know nothing about her or her children except what you read. grief is such a bad place to live and you don’t know how it feels uness youh have experienced their loss and lost someone through mental illness so shut it becky

vstarr

Posted at 3:11 AM on August 22, 2014

Seriously ? Unnecessary and nasty much ? Ever been in a failed relationship ? It happens . Don’t be so pompous.

becky

Posted at 7:49 PM on August 18, 2014

yeah right,…you seduced robin, have children with him and suck his money just like his third wife….you are just a gold digger just like the third wife…you and her drove robin into depression and suicide….may you rest in peace when it is your time….you drove the poor man to depression and money problems

carol from nj

Posted at 10:36 AM on August 18, 2014

My heart goes out to the family we have lost a very loving man he has touched so many people over the years .

Jean Berry

Posted at 9:49 AM on August 18, 2014

I am so sad to hear of robins death .I never knew him personally but I watched most of his film and interviews which I found really enjoyable My thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.He will never be forgotten .Rest in peace you lovely man .

Aileen Solem

Posted at 10:03 PM on August 17, 2014

My heart goes out to Robin Williams, his, family his children and friends. I was extremely stunned and still overwhelmed by his death on Monday. I just couldn’t get over the news. Robin Williams was a very good and funny man who loved making people laugh and I am still beyond shocked that we all lost our amazing one and only robin Williams
Rip you’ll be forever missed and remembered.

Myra Catching

Posted at 7:31 PM on August 20, 2014

I have to agree w/ you Aileen completely! I am so very sad about losing him! I’m still going on my life,kids & all, but I could really start crying, when I think that we will never see that sweet smiling face again! I Loved him & I will always love him! I adored him! Now he can entertain God & make him smile! We will always Love Robin Williams!!

Laura Azarowicz

Posted at 2:39 PM on August 17, 2014

Robin Williams, Dad, Husband, Actor and Funniest Man there will ever be!

My prayers are with his family.

I also pray this man found peace.

So many struggles, yet nothing but kindness towards his fellow man, there is a legacy that will sustain time.

I will laugh and cry when I see his movies.

I will think fondly of him as if I knew him.

This funny man touched so many hearts and they in turn touched his.

I hope God was waiting with outstretched arms and shines perpetual light on him!!

Another star shines brightly in the night sky and it’s name is Robin !!!!!

Rachel Jervis

Posted at 10:31 PM on August 16, 2014

Such unbelievably sad news……may you rest in peace Robin..my heart goes out to all your family and friends at this awful time. You brought smiles and laughter to so many and I along with many others will miss you, I hope you are smiling and at peace now. Goodbye and God bless x

Mary R. Donaldson

Posted at 3:23 PM on August 16, 2014

May Robin Williams rest in peace free from all pain & suffering. May God be with his family & friends and may they know everyone is very sorry for your loss! God must have needed one very special angel! He will be missed very much! Thank you, Mary R. Donaldson

Cindy

Posted at 11:42 AM on August 16, 2014

Robin Williams was my favorite comedian, he is so much of my growing up, from Mork and Mindy to Good Morning Vietnam to Mrs Doubt Fire. I will never forget the time I met him during the Toronto Film Festival (1999) it was soo exciting! Just know you entertained us to the greatest heights!, You will be greatly missed. Hope you are now resting in peace.

Reg

Posted at 4:34 AM on August 16, 2014

Briefly met RW in a restaurant in Sausalito when on vacation with the family from Australia in 2009. He very warm and up for a chat and was interested we were from Perth where he had not been. Gave a great impersonation of the late Steve Irwin. Always been a great fan and glad I got to meet him.
RIP Robin Williams

Delores Richardson

Posted at 5:50 PM on August 13, 2014

Robin will forever live on through the love he showed to everyone. He was my favorite comedian. I can always count on him to lift my spirits. That won’t change. My heart goes out to his family at this time.