Beyonce Sings About Marriage Issues With Jay-Z In New Song ‘Mine’

Fri, December 13, 2013 2:54pm EDT by 15 Comments 16,380 Article Views

Beyonce’s formerly top-secret, self-titled fifth studio album hit iTunes on Dec. 13, and it’s safe to say that it’s Bey’s most personal record yet. One song in particular — the Drake collaboration ‘Mine’ — delves pretty deep into her relationship with husband Jay-Z.

Beyonce, 31, effectively won the Internet on Dec. 13 when she released her new album, Beyonce, without any prior warning. HollywoodLife has officially listened to all of Bey’s (fabulous) new tracks, and we were particularly intrigued when we got to “Mine” — because the lyrics most definitely seem to address her relationship with Jay-Z. Read on for more details!

Beyonce Sings About Jay-Z In ‘Mine’

Every marriage has problems, and being the nation’s second First Couple can’t be easy. Everything Jay and Bey do is in the spotlight, meaning every solo outing leads to a divorce rumor, and every frown in a paparazzi photo convinces the nation that its golden couple is in a fight. Well, Bey being Bey — AKA, a Queen — she just one-upped all of us by taking her deeply personal thoughts about her marriage with Jay and singing about them, openly:

“I’ve been watching for the signs/Took a trip to clear my mind/Now I’m even more lost/And you’re still so fine, oh my oh my/Been having conversations about breakups and separations/I’m not feeling like myself since the baby/Are we gonna even make it? Oooh/Cause if we are, we’re taking this a little too far/Me being wherever I’m at, worried about wherever you are”

…Wow. Kudos to Beyonce for laying it all out there, especially amidst the recent rumors of a separation. Beyonce flat out addresses the rumors in “Mine,” and even says she hasn’t been feeling like herself since Blue Ivy was born. (Which, by the way, is totally normal.)

Beyonce Sings About Jay-Z: A Happy Ending?

Though things with Jay sound troublesome in the early verse referenced above, Beyonce (with the help of Drake) seems to realize by the end of the song that even though pieces of the puzzle can get bad, the overall picture is still pretty good as long as she and Jay remember how important they are to each other:

“All I’m really asking for is you/Long as you know who you belong to,” Bey says as the song fades out.

Aaaaaannnnd drop the mic. What do you think of the song, HollywoodLifers? Do you admire Bey for putting it all out there?

– Shaunna Murphy

More Beyonce News:

1. Beyonce’s New Album ‘Beyonce’ — Download It Here
  2. Beyonce Releases ‘Drunk In Love’ — Dissing Rihanna’s ‘Drunk On Love’?
  3. Beyonce Pays Homage To Madonna In ‘Haunted’ Video

John Gregorio Wood II

Posted at 4:46 PM on December 23, 2013

Jayz, never let go of her. She’s amazing!

anonymous313

Posted at 1:30 PM on December 18, 2013

I iike this side of Beyonce for the first time she doesn’t sound fake. People know when your faking it and your trying too hard to impress. Turthfully, Jayz would be a fool to mess this up. He has a woman who loves him and a beautiful child. This situation sounds ideal for celebrity parents and family, but I will go a step further and say “when you make God first in your life you have everything”.

Ayana

Posted at 10:36 PM on December 17, 2013

I believe it’s to capture others feelings and emotions who are going through breakups or whatsoever .But in her case I would have to agree it is about jay

Taylor

Posted at 3:36 PM on December 16, 2013

I’m feelin maybe three or four songs from the album and that’s it. Nonetheless congrats on all this slayage Bey!

Crusingalong

Posted at 4:22 PM on December 15, 2013

I would say that some of this is about Jay Z – not all. Of course, one would admire anyone that speaks of the truth and hopefully deals with it. Hope she is dealing with her postpartum depression because it is very treatable.

mr

Posted at 8:28 PM on December 13, 2013

@me wow you’re delusional for sure

me

Posted at 6:41 PM on December 13, 2013

That woman didn’t have no miscarriage and she certainly did not birth Blue.Beyonce uses everything for publicity.

KORI

Posted at 5:32 PM on December 18, 2013

shut the hell up!!!! HATER

James

Posted at 10:01 PM on December 18, 2013

What

sara

Posted at 6:01 PM on December 13, 2013

she’s not talking about blue ivy, she’s talking about the miscarriage she had before blue ivy. and how hard that period was for them.

richard

Posted at 1:38 AM on December 15, 2013

Beyonce has an aweome butthole. I would love to have anal sex with her.

Sevyn hamy

Posted at 4:13 PM on December 13, 2013

Nice song people can relate to the song rather it about her married to him or not

shirleyepaul (@shirleyepaul1)

Posted at 3:41 PM on December 13, 2013

my co-worker’s sister makes $62 hourly on the computer. She has been out of work for six months but last month her paycheck was $17891 just working on the computer for a few hours. more info here=======>jobs25.ℭOM

hayleybxo

Posted at 3:05 PM on December 13, 2013

Reblogged this on hopeless memoirs.

Dianne B. Jackson (@DianneBJackson)

Posted at 3:13 PM on December 13, 2013

Crystal implied I’m alarmed that a stay at home mom can profit $5309 in four weeks on the computer. navigate to this website>>> F­B­3­­9.C­O­M