Katherine Heigl Left ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Over ‘Hurt Feelings’ & Money, Says Ellen Pompeo

Tue, October 8, 2013 4:03pm EDT by 15 Comments 20,684 Article Views
Katherine Heigl Grey's Anatomy
Courtesy of ABC (2)

Alexia

Posted at 2:19 PM on July 27, 2014

I really miss Izzie,she was one of my favorite characters.I think they should bring her back .I love the realationship between Alex and Izzie.I also love Katherine Heigl’s character as Izzie Stevens.I would really like her to vome back to Grey’s Anatomy

Kelly

Posted at 7:50 PM on July 16, 2014

Yes, very much

Isabella

Posted at 2:59 PM on June 10, 2014

I love Katherine Heigl. I only started watching Grey’s Anatomy this summer and am only on Season 5, so Izzie is still a character on the show. I also love Ellen Pompeo, and I think she’s a very true person. I disagree that Pompeo was “sour” in this interview, it’s just honesty. Although, it seems odd to say she left because of “hurt feelings…” Heigl was also quite young (being in her twenties) when casting in this show so I don’t know how much Heigl wanted in her Hollywood career. She is very successful now, I think, and able to balance her films and her personal life.
So do I miss Heigl on the show? Should she return? Well since I’m only on Season 5, I don’t miss Heigl because she’s still presently on the show. I will miss her because I love her fun, perky personality (she and George)! I don’t think Heigl she return permanently, but as a guest star would be fun!
Like I said, going against all the other comments, I love Heigl–the show, her films, just everything. She’s one of my favorite well-respected actresses and I totally support her in whatever happens in her career!

Doe

Posted at 10:32 PM on May 27, 2014

I didn’t care for Izzy’s personality . And Katherine Heigls voice make it worse . She became annoying .

caliblue24

Posted at 3:32 AM on April 25, 2014

ALEX AND IZZIE BELONG TOGETHER!!! Bring back Izzie.

Ava Marianne

Posted at 3:27 AM on March 29, 2014

Heigl has been in GA for a long time and her time ran out. Ellen said that she left because of money and hurt feelings. People who worked with Heigl have said that she was a drama queen and was demanding, she shouldn’t come back to GA

tammy

Posted at 11:04 PM on March 22, 2014

I love izzy I thought she did a good job and I hope she comes back.She was all good spirited and made the show better.

zyggie

Posted at 10:05 AM on March 7, 2014

Heigl has been around for a long time. I never liked her character nor the actress. It always appeared to me, that she was difficult to work with. And her now career has not gone anywhere. Hope she does NOT return to Grey’s Anatomy.

Regina

Posted at 3:47 AM on March 19, 2014

I totally agree w/ u !! Heigl really sucks !!

Regina

Posted at 4:52 AM on March 2, 2014

Ashle you are correct. I agree with you, and, Alex is already happy with Jo. So why should Izzie come again ? She doesn’t need to. The guy she left is already happy with someone else. So why come back ?

bsbailey100

Posted at 11:35 AM on February 28, 2014

I love Grey’s like so many others I just get so attached to these actors and it just is like a real death here when they die on show or leave…………I hate when that happens……….love love love you all and the show keep it coming….please…..God Bless you all………….

Ashle

Posted at 7:49 PM on October 22, 2013

I can tell that when Izzie told Meredith that she could work anywhere, that that was actually Katherine telling Ellen that she could work anywhere

olivia

Posted at 5:29 PM on October 8, 2013

I miss Dr Stevens on the show she was awesome. I think theirs a certain way to handle yourself when it comes to your career the things you do leave a lasting impression and Katherine did not handle leaving Grey’s Anatomy in a professional manner. The show is not the same without her and George it decently changed the dynanic. No the less her acting career did well but I haven’t seen her in a movie in a few years. She has to be gratefull to the show for giving her that platform.

Alan

Posted at 4:08 PM on October 8, 2013

Heigl already explained she wanted to leave to do movies and to spend more time with her family when she left. Nothing new. As for Pompeo – who is she to judge if her career took off or not. Heigl was if I recall in the top 10 highest paid female movie stars at least two years in a row according to Forbes. She wouldnt have made that on Greys. Also Pompeo would have never had a movie career anyway – seem like a bit of sour grapes to me.

Trish#SCHOLARLYANGEL (@GimmeUnusual)

Posted at 6:29 PM on October 8, 2013

@Alan, I read in Forbes that Katherine has had several duds. The only successful movies she is able to list are “The Ugly Truth”, “27 Dresses”, and “Knocked Up.” I was surprised to see “Life As We Know It” not listed because I loved that movie. And so that you know that I’m not being petty or taking sides–I am a Katherine Heigl fan. I own all four of those movies along with Killers. Katherine is realizing that the demand for her is decreasing which is why she has told Shonda Rhimes that she would like to come back to Grey’s; however, Shonda said that she did not like the way Katherine departed and will not rewrite her into any of Grey’s scripts. I don’t think Ellen is sour, I think Katherine had a bad leave that no one appreciated. Ellen seems to be very happy with her life. She may not have as much money as Katherine but she is consistently working, and doing so on a show that has been extremely successful for 10 years. Additionally, she is the highest paid TV actress right now. She makes $10 million a season (or $350,000 per episode + millions in syndication.) She actually may be doing financially better than Katherine. Again, I like them both & I wish them both much success. I just don’t see any jealousy on Ellen’s part. She was just being honest.