Miley Cyrus Admits: I Only Weigh 108 Pounds — Too Little?

Tue, September 24, 2013 4:00pm EDT by 42 Comments 20,724 Article Views
Christopher Polk/Entertainment/Getty Images

Madison

Posted at 1:43 PM on August 24, 2014

Yeah I think she could gain a bit,
She does look a little too thin for 5’5
But considering the breakup,
I would be stressed too.

Anaya

Posted at 8:06 PM on July 5, 2014

I think she should be whatever size she wants and that websites like this should keep their nose out of her business and stop being such judgemental a**holes. (:

Tay

Posted at 6:53 PM on June 29, 2014

I’m 5’8″ and 109 pounds so she’s fine…

Shir'az

Posted at 4:47 PM on May 22, 2014

I think she’s fine and she’s also really hot.

Kelly

Posted at 3:42 PM on May 16, 2014

Do NOT say that she is too thin. I’m 5’9 and only way 108. It’s not because I do to eat enough, it’s because I simply doing gain a lot of weight. I have a high metabolism. Miley is performing, on the road a lot and is probably under a lot of stress so it is not surprising that she only weighs 108. People need to stop deciding how attractive people are based on their weight. For some people 108 is their natural healthy weight, and for others 130 is, or 180 is etc etc.

Victoria

Posted at 12:57 PM on August 16, 2014

Oh my god. You girls might all be really skinny, gross skinny btw, but what does it matter if you can’t even spell!? Learn grammar, learn to spell, finish grade school, and then worry about your weight.

Shamoonon Sweatervest

Posted at 12:10 AM on September 11, 2014

To Victoria,

Logic has it that her poorly typed reply was less of an education issue and more of a result of her emotional response to the article. Perhaps you too may want to seek some more substance in your life if you’re so angry about her lack of weight and poorly written response.

Personally I feel for people who are naturally thin as they may have both an insecurity of their looks due to the lack of weight and are also flung up against some new “you’re not allowed to be THAT skinny” taboo. I am 5’8″ and was 110lbs up into my early thirties even after having a child. It wasn’t until I approached my late thirties until I actually gained enough weight to feel comfortable about showing my legs in public. Such a shame because now I’ll be fighting old age. Wish I would have felt more proud of myself back then.

I know it’s a hard situation, you obviously don’t want folks that aren’t naturally thin to be starving themselves to become so, but it’s equally tragic to be shaming folks that are naturally thin into overeating outside of their natural needs and/or to hide their bodies. Besides, there are very very few of us with ‘perfect bodies’.

From past pictures of her Miley Cyrus doesn’t appear to be naturally thin, but who knows, perhaps she’s doing a new thing. Besides, if she is starving herself that seems to be the least of the issues she’s dealing with.