Mother Gives Birth To 13 Pound 4 Ounce Baby Without C-Section

Tue, July 30, 2013 6:28pm EDT by 33 Comments
Germany Biggest Baby
Landov

That’s one big baby! Baby Jasleen was born naturally on July 26 — and she weighed 13.47 pounds! But what undiagnosed medical condition caused the bigger-than-normal baby?

Oh, baby! Jasleen was born on July 26 at University Hospital in Leipzig, Germany, weighing in at a whopping 13 pounds, 4 ounces! And while most babies her size are delivered via caesarean section, baby Jasleen’s mother delivered her daughter naturally!

Germany’s Biggest Baby Born WITHOUT C-Section

Jasleen was delivered naturally on July 26, weighing 13.47 pounds and measuring 22.6 inches long, making her the largest newborn in Germany, surpassing a baby boy named Jihad who was born in Berlin in 2011 and weighed 13 pounds. Both mother and baby Jasleen are doing well, though the newborn remains hospitalized in the neonatal care unit.

The medical term used for babies who are born weighing more than 8 pounds, 13 ounces is “fetal macrosomia,” which makes vaginal delivery difficult and increases the risk that the baby will have health problems after birth.

What Caused Baby Jasleen’s Higher Than Average Birth Weight?

German newspaper Der Spiegel explains that Jasleen’s mother had a previously undiagnosed case of gestational diabetes, citing the medical condition as cause for the baby’s birth weight.

“This condition, which develops at around the 24th week of pregnancy, can lead to a larger than usual baby size,” according to Mail Online.

Baby Jasleen NOT The Biggest Baby Born This Year

While Jasleen may be a big baby, breaking the record in Germany, would you believe it if we told you that she’s not the biggest baby born this year? George King was born to a British couple in March, and weighed 15 pounds, 7 ounces!

– Lindsay Goldstein

More On Some Of The World’s Biggest Baby Births:

1. Texas Mom Gives Birth To Huge 16 Pound Baby Boy — One Of Texas’ Biggest Babies Ever
  2. A Mother Gave Birth To A Big, 14-Pound Baby Without Painkillers
  3. A 15.5 Pound Baby Breaks Records — China’s Biggest Baby Born

S. Miller Dobson

Posted at 3:38 PM on August 1, 2013

This is a terrible, horrible story!

That poor woman!

She will NEVER be the same. She has to be sewn up for hours; the stiches may or may not hold, she’ll be bleeding and in horrifying pain for now and evermore.

She will never –ever—be able to enjoy her life, or sex ever again the same way.

This is truly tragic. Breeding is still one of the very worst things that can happen to a woman. I feel so sad for her. Additionally she’ll never even be able to go to the bathroom the same! #Tragic #Sad #horrible #DontBreed!

CCabral

Posted at 3:23 AM on August 6, 2013

You are, perhaps, the dumbest person alive. Do you even have a vagina? If you did you would know that the vagina stretches… as well as the perineum. With proper preparation, most women do NOT tear and they certainly don’t live the rest of their lives as sexual invalids with their vaginas dragging the ground when they walk. I highly recommend that you don’t ever, ever, ever breed.

Debbie Pierson

Posted at 10:40 PM on August 7, 2013

Thank you – shared sentiments. Read the rest of these comments? I cannot believe how ignorant some people are!

tratamiento de las úlceras

Posted at 3:29 PM on August 1, 2013

Wonderful work of doctors, because many cesareans have caused the loss of quality of life of pregnant women, my mother had cesarean birth and bladder over time was affected.

Jenny

Posted at 6:25 PM on July 31, 2013

Poor vagina!

S. Miller Dobson

Posted at 3:39 PM on August 1, 2013

Yes, it will Never work the same way again–she’ll be constant pain and agony the rest of her life.

organicality

Posted at 3:24 AM on August 6, 2013

You are full of crap. Seriously…. I find it super interesting that you are so anti-“breeding”.

Mike C

Posted at 2:09 PM on July 31, 2013

Heres my questions. What kind of unhealthy pig is the mother to give birth to a kid BORN with diabetes. Jesus…

D

Posted at 10:11 PM on July 31, 2013

Lol only a man would ask that. Gestational diabetes is what the MOTHER has not the baby. And even healthy women can develop gestational diabetes as well.

Damn!

Posted at 10:24 PM on July 31, 2013

@D. Plus if she was under a doctor’s care. it’s the doctor’s fault as well.
If he knew how big that baby was during check-ups.He should have taken precautions to insure the health of mom and baby.
This is in Germany, so I don’t know how things work over there, or if the mother even went to the doctor before she went into labor and had to seek medical attention.
The story doesn’t give much insight as to how the mom is doing.
I just hope she’s okay.

organicality

Posted at 3:25 AM on August 6, 2013

I have a close friend who stayed extremely fit during her pregnancy and developed it. She still went to the gym, etc… it sometimes just happens.

we

Posted at 11:34 AM on July 31, 2013

hihi, funny comments but indeed, can`t imagine …..

rossi

Posted at 5:58 AM on July 31, 2013

that s one ugly baby!

Catherine J. Albers (@CatherineJAlbe1)

Posted at 7:17 AM on July 31, 2013

my buddy’s step-aunt makes ($)85 an hour on the computer. She has been without work for eight months but last month her income was ($)20284 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more here… Ç­a­n9­9.ℂ­ℴ­M

joyce lusk

Posted at 8:32 AM on November 4, 2013

Have you ever seen a good looking new born?

abe

Posted at 12:25 AM on July 31, 2013

………we won’t discuss the size of her vagina yet.
kids like this are born regurlairly in SoCal.

Leeo

Posted at 12:14 AM on July 31, 2013

wow damn bet that hurt ouchhhhhhhhhhhhh

LissaCaldina

Posted at 11:53 PM on July 30, 2013

Hi

Posted at 11:38 PM on July 30, 2013

I can but I can’t I get the natural birth c sections are rare in other countries but 13 pounds!

IHeartLux

Posted at 11:21 PM on July 30, 2013

Ouch! Don’t even wanna think about that!

Laura

Posted at 10:25 PM on July 30, 2013

Her poor vagina!!!!!

Michelle

Posted at 9:54 PM on July 30, 2013

Not only is that a large baby, Its ugly! I wonder what the mother looks like?

DAMN!

Posted at 2:45 AM on July 31, 2013

@MichelIe, if you had to squeeze a head that size out of a hole much smaller then your head, You sure as hell wouldn’t come out looking cute. No matter what your mamma looked like.I’m sure that baby and her mamma are both gonna look ugly for a while, with what they’ve just been through.
Don’t even get me started on what her vagina has gone through.
I know you’ve heard of that saying, when women are in labor. They tell the husband. boyfriend,ect.
You’re never touching me again.
Mine would be locked down until the end of time.I would be done! PERIOD!
I would ask the doctor to sew it up, so I wouldn’t get weak. Lock it down STAT!
Having a baby that size naturally, would totally ruin sex for me.
I would NEVER! have sex again.

Shelly

Posted at 9:38 PM on July 30, 2013

OH SNAP!!! Look at that baby’s head!!!! and it’s a girl. Oh lord. A natural birth. The poor mom. Why is there no info on her in this article? I hope she’s alright. Geez.

Chicy

Posted at 9:29 PM on July 30, 2013

Just thinking about a 13 pound baby makes my hello kitty hurt.

DAMN!

Posted at 8:14 PM on July 30, 2013

If this is true. Her vagina is RUINED!!!!!
She’ll probably need surgery to fix itI’ve had to kids both natural. If the first baby had been this big, The second would not be here.
God Bless the mother. I hope she is well.

Shelly

Posted at 9:41 PM on July 30, 2013

LMAO @ DAMN….. “I don’t think I would ever have sex again, if either of my child were born this big.” So right.

Jo

Posted at 8:07 PM on July 31, 2013

Baloney to all these women who say they would never have sex again.

Damn!

Posted at 8:26 PM on July 31, 2013

If you would still have sex with a ruined vagina, then good for you. I can only speak for myself and am saying. I would NEVER! have sex again, if a baby that size squeezed it’s way out of there.
C-section? I would consider it, but would have my tubes tied.
That big @$$ baby girl, would’ve been the last rain out of the station!

Leigh

Posted at 7:28 PM on July 30, 2013

More importantly, someone named a baby Jihad?!

Anonymous

Posted at 10:55 AM on July 31, 2013

someone named a baby Leigh?

Leigh

Posted at 4:41 PM on July 31, 2013

…Do you know what Jihad is commonly used to refer to?

don't hurt me but...

Posted at 6:53 PM on July 30, 2013

just wow. howto push that fatso thru that flesh tunnel. that’s one bomb crater from now. ooops :D