Miley Cyrus Reveals The Truth About Her Long Hair: ‘None Of It Was Real’

Fri, July 26, 2013 2:50pm EDT by 20 Comments
Miley Cyrus Hair Extensions
FameFlynet

Miley Cyrus has gone through a bold transformation between her fashion, style, and beauty looks. In an interview on July 24, she revealed the secret behind her long, luscious hair before she went through with her dramatic cut.

Miley Cyrus,  20, has shown the world that she is no longer the cute Hannah Montana she used to be but that she is growing up like any other young adult! She revealed a big secret behind her infamous luscious locks. What was this big secret that made jaws drop? Keep reading!

Miley Cyrus’ Hair Extensions — Reveals Her Hair ‘Was Not Real’

In a new interview with Harper’s Bazaar on July 24, Miley revealed that her luscious brown locks were fake and never real. In her February 2010 cover of Harper’s Bazaar, it showed her with long, flowing brown hair. She says,

That’s my Nashville life, my simple life. That’s my simple life yet I have like 350 extensions in my hair. That was not real. None of it was ever real. None of it was ever growing out of my head.

Miley also revealed the scoop behind why and when she decided to cut and bleach her hair for her new look. She says:

I was in Philadelphia working. I met Chris McMillan at my hotel room. I had him cut it, bleach it. And I got on the train that night and someone recognized me right away. I was like ‘what d’ya mean!’ I don’t even look like myself to me now.

Miley’s Obsession With Fashion & The Olsen Twins

In this interview, Miley also revealed her obsession and love for the Olsen twins and her killer fashion style! She says:

I’ve been obsessed with the Olsen twins since I was like five. I’ve seen every movie literally, you could ask me any movie. And I’ve seen like all of them and they actually did like a school of fashion when they were ten. They were wearing like, the most amazing clogs.

She reveals how she just looks over blogs as fashion inspiration for her future outfit choices!

I sit and look online at blogs all night while I’m falling asleep and that’s kind of I think why — you know how when you read something at night it just kind of like settles into your brain? I think that’s what happened to me. All of it’s in there.

Give us your opinions, HollywoodLifers, which hairstyle do you LOVE best on Miley? Vote in the poll below!

WATCH: Miley Cyrus Talks Style, Grills & the Olsen Twins

– Natasha Caminero

More Miley Cyrus Beauty News:

1. Miley Cyrus: My Short Haircut ‘Changed My Life’
  2. Miley Cyrus Debuts New Hair Created By Jennifer Aniston’s Hairstylist
  3. Miley Cyrus Loves Eos Lip Balm: Shop Her Beauty Must-Have

akaili

Posted at 9:21 AM on February 5, 2014

mliey cyrus her hair is long

hair extensions supplier

Posted at 2:27 AM on December 26, 2013

great! I’ve seen every movie literally, you could ask me any movie. And I’ve seen like all of them and they actually did like a school of fashion when they were ten. They were wearing like, the most amazing clogs.

qualityhumanhair1

Posted at 8:37 PM on December 9, 2013

nice article…good

Hair Extensions Melbourne

Posted at 7:22 AM on October 4, 2013

Hair extension all over again.Looking very hot with this extension.

Hair Extensions

Posted at 8:37 AM on October 1, 2013

I never thought it was even noticeable that Miley was wearing hair extensions at all, obviously depending on the type she was using, this may be why. I doubt it was clip in hair extensions as she wouldn’t have bothered to take them out all the time, so I guess she means they were bonded in. Either way, she really suits the short hairstyle, but she has said herself she is desperate for longer hair!

Natural Brazilian Hair Extensions by MarrikasHairExtensions

Posted at 2:52 AM on August 16, 2013

Nice blog regarding the Miley Cyrus hair extensions . Thanks for the post.

Pickley

Posted at 4:12 PM on August 2, 2013

Then stop wearing fake eyelashes while you’re at it. You’re not a hero – your an attention whore.

hailey

Posted at 11:39 PM on August 3, 2013

someone had a big bowl of hater flakes this morning :/ chill, ur not being cool by dissing miley, u just look like u have alot of free time

KEA

Posted at 2:36 AM on August 8, 2013

whoever is not respecting what miley,s doing then they can just shut the f**k up far out man but stay strong girl

madisonarijos97_Ari

Posted at 5:54 PM on July 30, 2013

i love miley and her style ♥

aaliyah

Posted at 8:14 AM on July 30, 2013

Sadly her hair was fake but you know when you r a celebrity and u become older you tend to go crazy but then after a while you mello down look.at. Justin bieber. He has been get speed tickrts and fines anf stuff but in a few years hr will see that why he did those things.think they r stupid cuz he will be oldler and more mature well……….hopefully <3 ur girl 101

MileyFan

Posted at 5:33 PM on July 27, 2013

miley is queen and all you who are hating on her are ulgy and jealous!

KimikoLopez

Posted at 11:00 PM on July 30, 2013

really…you are no worse than people who say bad things about miley. To be honest I don’t even know why I am wasting my time telling you that, its pointless :p

Lol

Posted at 6:06 AM on July 27, 2013

Miley’s haircut is so chic, it elongates her face, and she looks more matured in it. She cant be little Miley anymore, she’s a 20 year old young lady . seriously I’m digging the new style, dig the whole transformation from cute, to hot! love you Miley.

Larissa

Posted at 3:17 PM on July 26, 2013

That’s not a secret everybody!!! Her extensions costed $25 000!!!

Laura T. Chamberlain (@LauraTChamberla)

Posted at 4:01 PM on July 26, 2013

as Catherine explained I’m shocked that people can profit ($)5443 in 4 weeks on the internet. have you read this site link… c­a­n9­9.ℂ­ℴ­M

IHeartLux

Posted at 2:45 PM on July 26, 2013

I can understand that it wasn’t real, so she didn’t want it anymore. The extensions probably cost a lot of money too! But I think she’ll grow it back out eventually. Everyone gets tired of their hairstyle and wants something different at some point, and she will get tired of that look soon. I mean, look at her hair over the years, she changes it like at least twice a year, this will be no different.

Posted at 1:32 PM on July 26, 2013

Hannah Montana all over again! Just not a different person!

maya

Posted at 11:46 PM on August 7, 2013

miley hair lks awsome but who ever doesnt lke it den they r jelouse!

Long Hair Extensions

Posted at 8:30 AM on November 29, 2013

Interesting read. Most celebrities have hair extensions