Portia De Rossi — Fans Speculate Surgery On ‘Arrested Development’

Tue, May 28, 2013 11:30am EDT by 25 Comments
Portia De Rossi Face Arrested Development
Courtesy of Getty/FOX

Anne

Posted at 8:40 PM on June 8, 2013

She definitely looks different and very thin. She’s talked about her weight issues in the past and it looks like she’s still struggling. Honestly, being really thin as you age doesn’t look good. I get the struggle, but it’s not a good look.

Claire

Posted at 4:15 PM on May 30, 2013

If you compare pictures of her in the last few episodes and at the premier with pictures of her from seasons 1-3 she looks exactly the same. The make-up done to make her wig look natural had the unfortunate effect of changing her appearance too much. Her eyebrows and raised hair line in the first few episodes of season 4 (with the long hair wig) are what makes her look different and has given many people the impression that she has had drastic plastic surgery.

M

Posted at 2:32 PM on May 29, 2013

She had a real nasty hack job done. Nose shape, eye shape, less expressive face due to botox. What a disaster! She was so pretty, and she wanted to look young.

cherry

Posted at 4:03 AM on May 29, 2013

Someone should point out that in interviews from 2 weeks ago, pics from the beginning of May, etc, she looks just like herself. So, considering this was filmed awhile ago…. just some clever make up.

Gavin

Posted at 2:33 AM on May 29, 2013

It was the wig and eyebrows. After she cut her hair she looked fine. Also 1-3 Lindsay’s eyes are not rounded on the bottom but now they are more circular

Ali

Posted at 12:26 AM on May 29, 2013

She looks like Gwyneth Paltrow. Thin, white, bland and predictable.

Michelle Tressler Diaz

Posted at 8:05 PM on May 28, 2013

I paused episode 4 and came to Google if they got a new actress for season 4. Shocked that it’s Portia. Wow. She looks completely different, but the mannerisms were the same so I was really confused.

lburrell2013

Posted at 6:55 PM on May 28, 2013

I went straight from re-watching all previous seasons to watching season 4 and I literally did not know it was her, when I first saw her on season 4. I can’t put my finger on what was done (I’m no plastic surgery expert), but she looks very different. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt like maybe it was just aging, but I really don’t think so. She was beautiful before and still looks good, but totally different.

Lolazz

Posted at 6:50 PM on May 28, 2013

It’s probably the wig….anyone who has ever worn wigs know that there are different kinds…even ones that pull the skin back…..

Anne Douglas

Posted at 3:39 PM on May 28, 2013

What is there to change? She is a beautiful woman. Remember people she is acting and wearing appropriate make-up for the job. Saying she had work done, give me a break.

liz

Posted at 3:24 PM on May 28, 2013

I think another reason she looks so odd is because she looks like she’s wearing a wig

javi g

Posted at 3:15 PM on May 28, 2013

she looks like callista flockhart when she was young. callista flockhart is the wife of harrison ford.

Josh

Posted at 3:14 PM on May 28, 2013

She is by no means hard on the eyes, but the surgery just took away from the Lindsay Bluth we all knew and loved. But if that is the worst part of AD being back on the air, Ill take it

Opie Puddles

Posted at 2:09 PM on May 28, 2013

I couldn’t tell if it was Portia De Rossi I was looking at, or Christine Taylor from Dodgeball.

John

Posted at 2:30 PM on May 28, 2013

Taylor is on AD as Stacey Sitwell (I think I’m getting that name right). They do look eerily similar.

Josh

Posted at 3:15 PM on May 28, 2013

She does look just like Christine Taylor now

Omolara Spencer

Posted at 2:06 PM on May 28, 2013

I love Ellen… Not really a fan of Portia as I have NO clue what else she’s been on besides Arrested Development. Watching her on the new episodes, she is not an attractive woman at all. And she’s not exactly a good actress either. And maybe it’s the wardrobe or her hideous hair but I had to eventually skip her episode on Netflix because I couldn’t concentrate on anything besides how thin she is and how crossed eyed she was.

STARS FRIEND

Posted at 1:20 PM on May 28, 2013

SO SAD! NOW SHE LOOKS LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE IN HOLLYWOOD! Now, she’s not attractive AT ALL! Never thought she was cute anyway, but NOW SHE LOOKS LIKE WAX!

dude

Posted at 12:46 PM on May 28, 2013

Just looking at the photos, her eyes look bigger, that’s it. I think she probably got a face lift that altered her appearance a bit but it’s certainly not the most extreme plastic surgery transformation I’ve seen. Just look at Lindsay Lohan, it could have been much worse.

ahimsa33

Posted at 12:34 PM on May 28, 2013

I think she is wearing a wig in the picture on the right and that’s why she looks a little off. And who knows maybe she got a poor night of sleep before filming that portion. She looked perfectly fine in all the other parts, beautiful with her short hair :) Also, people do change and age in 7 years, it’s natural for her to look different!!!

STARS FRIEND

Posted at 1:23 PM on May 28, 2013

First of all, no wig. Second,if she lost sleep, her eyes would be DROOPY, not stuck up with toothpicks. Third,…………………………7 weeks stupid NOT MONTHS! OPEN YOUR EYES!

abe

Posted at 12:01 PM on May 28, 2013

stop speculating, her eyes are just bigger, NO SURGERY!!

Josh

Posted at 3:11 PM on May 28, 2013

Its no speculation. Go watch the original series and look at her now. She most certainly had work done. Don’t just compare the photo above. Takes away from the show in my opinion

Rod Roberts

Posted at 11:57 AM on May 28, 2013

I am use to Ellen’s Crew Cut, But Portia’s Crew Cut is HORRIBLE! Most Crew Cuts on Females make them look “too butch!” Sorry!

Csupply

Posted at 1:29 PM on May 29, 2013

It’s not a “crew cut,” dummy. And if Portia de Rossi looks butch to you, I’d hate to see your standard for feminine. As to the plastic surgery…hard to say. Part of the plot of this season had a lot of asides about her looks and the family’s obsession with plastic surgery. Lucille had a plastic surgery plot in an earlier season, so it’s entirely possible that some of the waxiness was intentional and done with makeup and a wig. It does look like some botox was in play on the forehead, though, but that eventually wears off if she did it for the show. Who knows? I didn’t think she looked like a completely different person, just a pulled-tight verson of herself. And personally, I still thought she was hot.