Trisha Yearwood Reveals How She Lost 30 Pounds

Thu, April 18, 2013 11:04am EDT by 10 Comments
Trisha Yearwood Weight Loss
Getty, Courtesy Of People Magazine

No pain, no gain! Country signing superstar Trisha Yearwood knows this first hand after losing 30 pounds with only diet and exercise. Read on below to find out specifically how she shed all those pounds!

Weight loss is a struggle but once you make the commitment to a healthier lifestyle, the process will become much easier. Grammy-winning artist Trisha Yearwood, 48, went from a size 14 all the way down to a size 10 — a weight she hasn’t been since fifth grade! Now, she’s sharing her story with PEOPLE Magazine, in their April 19 issue. See her top weight-loss tips below.

Trisha Yearwood’s Weight Loss — Her Best Tricks

“In the very beginning I was pretty strict. I didn’t give myself too many choices. It was grilled chicken and egg white omelets.” But she quickly learned that balance and moderation are the main factors in any healthy lifestyle.

“I’m not a sweet person, but when I started watching my sugar I found I wanted dark chocolate. I like dark chocolate, so I’ll break off a little piece when I have a craving.”

There’s No Such Thing As A Get-Slim-Quick Diet

Although all these get-slim-quick diet schemes appeal to our senses, these gimmicks are not the answer. Trisha knows this first hand because she has been out there and tried it all.

“I don’t think you can name one diet I haven’t done. I’m that girl who buys every magazine where somebody’s lost 30 lbs.,” said Trisha “I designed my own plan that’s low-fat, low-sugar 90 percent of the time,” says the country star.

But that other 10 percent of the time, she gives into her cravings!

“If I’m on my way home and starving and I see a fast-food restaurant, nine times out of 10 [I'll eat at home]. That 10th time I’m going for the fast food! There’s no way you will never fall off the wagon.”

Dieting The Right Way

The country signer drastically toned down her eating habitats but still allows herself to indulge in the foods she love from time to time. Although she knows that the portions must be in moderation and she has to work it off the next day.

“I guess a part of me didn’t want to hear that it’s just really hard work! I have a strength I never had before. I feel like I can do anything.”

Hollywoodlifers, let us know what you favorite weight-loss methods are in the comments below.

– Brittany Chanel Jackson

More Celebrity Weight Loss News:

1. Jennifer Hudson Disses Jessica Simpson’s Weight Loss
  2. How Kourtney Kardashian Lost 44 Pounds In 6 Months After Giving Birth
  3. Kelly Osbourne Reveals: How I Lost 70 Pounds

jodi

Posted at 5:31 PM on July 24, 2013

Trisha, you look GREAT! All the hard work really shows. Also, I really love your show on Food Network. I’ll bet you and your sister do nothing but laugh and cut up. Love it. Keep it up, girlie!

Trecia

Posted at 12:38 AM on June 28, 2013

way to go trisha, u look great. Keep up the great work. I was always between 125 135. I got v ery sick for a year and a half and reached 205. I lost 43lbs and kept it off for 2 1/2 yrs now i have gained back 13lbs. I still stay very fatigued and cant get motivated to get going again. i would love some tips. u keep up the good work.

Susie

Posted at 11:15 AM on May 18, 2013

She is beautiful and a great performer no matter her size. I hate to hear comments about how she looks the same……it’s sad when someone puts a lot of work into getting into shape and then the horrible comments. Come on, let’s show some praise for what she has done..a nice comment is always welcome and a great reason to keep going!

Stormy T.

Posted at 10:09 AM on May 12, 2013

She looks to be a 14 now. I think when she was heavier she was atleast a size 18.

David Gomes (@davidgomes14)

Posted at 1:47 AM on April 20, 2013

Exercise is the best method to lose weight. Daily morning walk is the best for health and help to weight lose

Jessica Howard

Posted at 8:35 AM on April 19, 2013

How about simply getting on all natural weight loss chewing gum,My dietitian recommended me to take tonify – fat burning chewing gum. It’s great product giving excellent result

Michelle

Posted at 6:30 PM on April 18, 2013

Size 10 – um no she’s not!

Dicta

Posted at 12:13 PM on April 18, 2013

looks same to me

LissaCaldina

Posted at 12:09 PM on April 18, 2013

Reblogged this on Welcome To My World (My Life My Way ツ. My Destiny).

abe is doing it?!!?

Posted at 11:09 AM on April 18, 2013

just stop eating.
WITHOUT FOOD FOR FIVE YEARS?

everybody can do it.