Taylor Swift Admits ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’ Is About Harry Styles

Sun, March 17, 2013 9:29am EST by 82 Comments 11,144 Article Views
Harry Styles Taylor Swift Song Meaning
AP/Invision, FameFlynet

N.Acevedo

Posted at 9:06 PM on March 27, 2013

is obvious. This girl makes all his songs exes

Aiko

Posted at 7:01 PM on March 20, 2013

In my opinion I think Taylor made the song and saved it for her next break up because she knew it was going to happen. I should know because I met her

intheirworld

Posted at 3:36 PM on March 20, 2013

Can everyone just shut up about Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. They are over so you should get over it to.

Hannah

Posted at 7:30 PM on March 19, 2013

My mom used to tell me to ignore Miley Cyrus and dress more like Taylor Swift… And I thought I knew you were trouble was made BEFORE Harry?

Irene

Posted at 9:21 AM on March 19, 2013

All I can say is that Harry is very mature, and Taylor isn’t.

Chicken

Posted at 1:45 AM on March 18, 2013

If she knew he was trouble from the beginning, then why did she stay.

heather

Posted at 8:33 AM on March 18, 2013

she really loved him and wanted to be with him dont be mean to my taylor

FOLLOW ME ED (@EdsFajita__)

Posted at 1:09 PM on March 18, 2013

thats what im saying! fken camel toe -.-

Emme

Posted at 1:07 AM on March 18, 2013

I’m not Harry’s or 1D’s fan but seriously i’m sick of Taylor Swift. She’s an immature doucheface who keeps trying to play the poor victim!

heather

Posted at 8:35 AM on March 18, 2013

oh that makes me mad AND I AM GETTING TRIED OF PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT HER YOU WOULD DO THE SAME THING SO STOP TRYING TO BRING HER DOWN CAUSE ITS NOT GOING TO WORK SHE IS STRONGER THEN THAT

Clarissa

Posted at 6:15 PM on March 21, 2013

No we can and she dispersive it because she told Selena to break JB `s heart . Justin got so upset that he started to cry.She not only hurt Harry, she mocked other singer that has a British accesses like Adele and other.

Stephen

Posted at 11:44 AM on March 18, 2013

lol if this is true does it sounds like she’s playing the victim role?

Mikaela

Posted at 6:24 PM on March 19, 2013

PREACH!

Teamharry

Posted at 11:34 PM on March 17, 2013

She just disgusts me.

Teamharry

Posted at 11:31 PM on March 17, 2013

I think Taylor is being childish. She’s stupid really. I mean can u be anymore immature! I personally will never buy another thing Taylor swift related! Harry styles is acting very mature. At least one of them is acting their age!

heather

Posted at 8:35 AM on March 18, 2013

SHE IS ACTTACKING HER AGE SO LEAVE HER ALONE

Sunshine's Closet

Posted at 11:06 PM on March 17, 2013

i so love love love her

Valeria

Posted at 4:30 PM on March 17, 2013

It’s about John Mayer!

Sacha Cohen Baron

Posted at 3:48 PM on March 17, 2013

but she wrote the song before they started dating? I am getting suspicious…hmm…

Sophia

Posted at 5:40 PM on March 17, 2013

No, they started dating in March and April. Harry then kissed Emily Ostilly (a good bye kiss), and then Taylor broke up with him, and wrote I knew you were trouble.

Mirabella

Posted at 3:32 PM on March 17, 2013

I know for a fact that Harry didn’t cheat. Harry isn’t that kind of guy. Taylor is doing this for fame.

heather

Posted at 8:37 AM on March 18, 2013

NO SHE IS NOT SHE BELEVIES IN LOVE AND WONTS A FAIRYTALE BUT THESE BOYS DONT KNOW HOW TO TREAT HER RIGHT SHE IS AWSOME AND I LOVE HER

Sierra Washington

Posted at 2:59 PM on March 17, 2013

is it??? Really HL??? She wrote the song before they went out. But who cares? How else is she gonna tell the world that he hurt her?? Seriously, people act like this is something totally new with her. When in all actuality, it’s been happening all her career.

Lacy

Posted at 1:15 PM on March 17, 2013

Um where is the girl who was bashing this sight and everyone else who said that song wasn’t about Harry since they hadn’t even met yet. The fact she wrote this song about him after he cheated on her and was stupid enough to get back with him several months later shows how stupid she is. That song is a huge hit and I’m sure she thought if she got back together with him they would break up and she could write a few more hit songs about him. Sounds right.

FOLLOW ME ED (@EdsFajita__)

Posted at 1:11 PM on March 18, 2013

yup. agreed

Jennie

Posted at 12:43 PM on March 17, 2013

She dent say she wrote it about him. She said she was aiming it towards him. She said she was singing it to him not wrote it about him at the time. But now she probably tags it as a song about him.

avalon

Posted at 12:22 PM on March 17, 2013

From the storys that im reading about what his band mates are saying he is going crazy partying with women every nite after shows. He is starting to look like a womanizing scum and she was a fool to ever get involved with him.

whatever

Posted at 1:16 PM on March 17, 2013

Taylor’s fans can’t be like “don’t believe all those bad rumours about Taylor, she didn’t date all those guys like the gossip rags said” “She is not that girl who just uses famous guys to write songs!”, and then blindly believe everything the tabloids say about Harry! Be consistent at the very least.
The gossip website spread unverified rumours all the time, it’s true for Taylor and for every other celeb out there, and certainly for Harry too!

The guy is on tour, at the same time going to events like Red Nose Day (big charity in *England” and probably doing various other things (they have started on the new album): when would he even have the time to pull 12 girls a night? That rumour is ridiculous, it made me laugh at first because it’s so outrageous that I thought anyone would see through it, guess I was wrong.

directioner

Posted at 1:50 PM on March 22, 2013

why did you do “england”?

Larry4Life.

Posted at 12:13 PM on March 17, 2013

This is probably really offensive to some people, but in my opinion Taylor is lying, cheating, hoe. Harry wouldn’t cheat unless it was Louis. Stupid skank needs to GET A FREAKING REALITY CHECK.

heather

Posted at 8:39 AM on March 18, 2013

OH DONT TALK ABOUT TAYLOR LIKE THAT DONT CALL HER THAT EITHER WOW YOU ARE SO MEAN AND I HOPE YOU KNOW TAYLOR AILSON SWIFT IS AWSOME AND JUST AMAZING

Becky

Posted at 11:35 AM on March 17, 2013

Dear Andrew Gruttadaro,
Do you call yourself a journalist? Because isn’t the main “rule” of journalism to find all the facts? Well if you did your research you would find that “I Knew You Were Trouble” was released in October and Taylor and Harry didn’t start “dating” until December. And another thing, watch the music video. The actor that plays her boyfriend bares an extreme resemblance to John Mayer. So please next time get your facts straight.
Very insincerely,
A person who hates liers

Joe

Posted at 11:32 AM on March 17, 2013

So this basically confirms that the story of them dating early in the year 2012 is true. The one where Harry cheated on her with some girl. There are even photos. And they must have beed together because Harry panicked and texted her not to believe the media when it hit the press..What a douchbad this ugly dude is. Taylor is lucky to get rid of him.

Danni

Posted at 11:27 AM on March 17, 2013

It’s Totally about Harry!!! I think she is taking the breakup a little out of control and blaming it all on Harry it takes 2 to Tango

debbygoel81no

Posted at 11:25 AM on March 17, 2013

my neighbor’s step-aunt makes $85/hr on the computer. She has been out of a job for 5 months but last month her payment was $18560 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on  Ask25.c­om

Tianja

Posted at 10:28 AM on March 17, 2013

If you luv your mom post This to 20 pictures 1 Girl ignored This and her mom died 365 later sorry cant ignore This because i luv my mom

whatever

Posted at 10:27 AM on March 17, 2013

This should be about her songs, not who the song is about! Her life is becoming this circus, and her art is losing its qualities and relatability to become a gossip column. I don’t know if she is a willing participant, but sending hints about who which song is about is sending people into a frenzy of speculations, and in a way, selling your life instead of a song. I hope that she will realize what she is doing, it’s not good long term… Does she want to be remembered as the girl who bashed her exes through songs or a very successfull singer-songwriter?

lightfoot89

Posted at 10:17 AM on March 17, 2013

The song is about her and sang to her by her!