‘Lying Game’ Spring Finale Recap: Was [Spoiler] The Killer All Along?

Tue, March 12, 2013 10:32pm EDT by 169 Comments
Lying Game Thayer Killer
Courtesy of ABC Family

Chloe

Posted at 7:14 PM on March 31, 2013

Did you know if it’s going to have more that 10 episodes for the season 2 ? I’m afraid that it’s end … :(

Cristina Maria

Posted at 7:18 PM on March 31, 2013

i understand that they didn’t decide yet….but they had good ratings on the last episodes, so they might do a 3-rd season…i hope they will….

Cristina Maria

Posted at 6:53 PM on March 31, 2013

and i really like Thayer beeing with Emma and Sutton with Ethan….

Cristina Maria

Posted at 6:39 PM on March 31, 2013

i don’t think that Thayer is the killer…but he knows who is….and i think that the killer is his mother….and he took the wepon to protect her….i belive that because she want a revenge on Alec, thas why she tryed to frame him first for killing Dereck….she sent the crowbar… she knows everything, and special Alec’s feelings for Kristen…sins highschool…and this is the real motive for leaving, not Thayer’s father…

Cristina Maria

Posted at 7:15 PM on March 31, 2013

and of course she pushed Alec trough the roof…

Eunell

Posted at 2:01 AM on March 21, 2013

It was a big WOW ending for me on spring finally-yet I kinda in back of my mind known it was probably-Thayer why?Thayer gave off a dark side to me but he still didn’t seem possible fit since he had moved until Emma went to him. Can’t wait for season 3 return!!! Don’t think Alec is dead just maybe in coma or short term memory loss

Tiffany Mack

Posted at 11:57 AM on March 20, 2013

Is there going to be any more episodes or was that it???? Im curious and wanThayer is the killer then why did he hate alec so much, why did he blame and accuse him of everything!! and the flip out when alec re-approched him during his run??? Somethings just dont make sence.. Kristen doesnt know 100% about the twins.. there are so many unanswered questions!!! who took the necklace from therseas drawer, im thinking thayer. but not 100%

Merebear

Posted at 4:17 PM on March 18, 2013

Did anyone else realize that both Jordan and Derek liked to swim? Derek was always showing up at Char’s house and using her pool. Jordan was always swimming laps in the pool too! Brother similarities?!? It’s almost as if Jordan uses the pool to remember yet forget what he did back in LA.

Charlz

Posted at 6:07 AM on March 26, 2013

you make such a good point!i havn’t thought about it from that angle

Teedo

Posted at 11:40 AM on March 18, 2013

wow, Kristen,(LOL)? that would be the biggest surprise of all of them…I still think it was Thayer who killed Teresa, and possibly Derek too. But Derek’s murder seems to have the most suspects (Alec and/or Ted, Rebecca, Thayer, Jordan or an unseen suspect the writers haven’t introduced–maybe someone hired by Alec or Rebecca to do their dirty work). I think all of us have solved the mystery :):)

Sarah

Posted at 6:34 PM on March 16, 2013

I don’t think Thayer is the murderer I think it’s Kristen

larissa

Posted at 4:40 PM on March 29, 2013

omg I totally agree with you!! i never believed for a second that Thayer did it. I think Jordan is Derek’s brother and he killed him because of rebecca and that Kristen killed Teresa

Cathy

Posted at 10:46 PM on March 15, 2013

I’m thinking Mads may have pushed Alec…accidentally? Perhaps she went back to the party after Jordan was handcuffed, and looked for Alec. Instead, she found the note/envelope on the table where he was seated and proceeded up to the roof. She overheard part of the conversation between Alec and Rebecca and stepped out from behind the shadows. She may have pushed Alec out of anger and frustration and he lost his balance?!

Anna

Posted at 7:45 PM on March 15, 2013

I don’t think it was Thayer. It showed him being very upset and going for the run. He probably found the murder weapon and learned who the murderer was and it upset him because his bond to the murder was thick as blood (a new character- his mom? Possibly Mads? I’m going with his mom. Both of whom Alec would also have an interest in protecting). I think he was trying to decide what to do. He could have killed Emma if he would have wanted to. He was very angry but even in his anger he was collected enough not to murder her.

Cristina Maria

Posted at 6:42 PM on March 31, 2013

i think you are right about his mother….i read your comment after i posted mine… ;)

Margaret

Posted at 2:58 PM on March 15, 2013

Ok new thought: in the conversation on the roof Rebecca never explicitly refers to Thayer, though we see Thayer later with one murder weapon. However what if the person Rebecca is referring to as Alec protecting is in fact Kristen (working with the idea of Kristen actually being one of the murderers). Perhaps Alec knew about one or both.
And I definitely think Alec threw himself through the roof, it would make absolutely no sense for Rebecca to try and kill him when she went up there because she not only knew she was innocent but had proof of who the killer was. Why would she then, declaring her innocence, try to kill someone else? It would make sense of Alec to jump himself to continue protecting whoever it is and put the spotlight back on Rebecca (they would be able to identify her as the woman who gave him a note saying to meet on the roof, which is evidence enough)

I think the idea of Kristen works because obviously if they all solve all the mysteries the show would be over, so there needs to be a more complex storyline to continue the mystery since the twins have been revealed to nearly everyone at this point. The mystery now shifts to the murderer. And I agree they were blatant in giving us a little clue about the thief at Rebecca’s, I could swear I saw a flash of blonde hair and heard a woman’s voice. But that would mean Kristen and Thayer were working together. Is that possible? I agree the scene between me seemed a little odd to the storyline- what was the point of including it?

Fartun Drizzy

Posted at 4:38 PM on March 21, 2013

thayer is the killer and alec and mads are protecting him. He has angry issues and the person that framed Rebecca is thayer.

Amberly

Posted at 4:37 AM on March 14, 2013

I noticed that the “crow bar” that Thayer had under the sofa had a tint of green to it, like all those rusty potential murder weapons at that abandoned lot. I didn’t think that it looked much like a crowbar anyways. More of a shaft object. The picture of Alec holding the crowbar was Indead a crowbar. So I don’t think the weapon that was hid under the couch was the weapon used to kill Derek, but definitely the one that killed Theresa. Also, Char has been out of the picture for FAR too long. She is gonna be sneaking in the scheme sooner or later. Another thing I noticed was when Mads and Jordan where going to break into Rebecca’s drawer, the person who knocked them over was a small, taller figure. Too small to be Rebecca but possibly Thayer. It’s ironic that Jordan killed a brother in LA, but somehow everything that’s been going on has happened in LA. Thayer was in LA with Sutton, Thayer was in LA by his self, Sutton found Rebecca and Annie Hobbs in LA, I’m pretty sure Emma and Thayer where in LA together at one point and now this Jordan guy. The twins definitely know something, they haven’t figured out yet. Too many leads to LA. I do think Emma is underestimated, she is starting to be less and less innocent by the episode. As far as Alec getting pushed or falling from the ceiling, I think he was pushed. Someone was up there with Rebecca. Another person who hasn’t been in the picture lately would be Derecks mother. If my son was murdered, I’d be after the murderer, whom most people thought was Alec. Also, another missing character that hasn’t shown up in a while was that guy that Laurel was dating, the one whose mother died in the hands of Ted. Revenge? Also, did anyone see Laurel when Alec fell from the ceiling? I don’t recall seeing her, could be wrong. Is she sick of Alec’s crap? Kissing her mother in front of her father would be a good reason to give Alec a shove. She said how gross, and we all saw Teds face when they kissed. Laurel isn’t gonna sit there and watch her father be treated like that is she? I know I wouldn’t have it if it was my dad. Another theory: Anyone else notice how similar Jordan and Derek look? Jordan’s slain brother? If this is true, Derek was some sort of kin to Rebecca like Jordan is. Also it’s funny how Rebecca is connected to all these people. She is the baby mama of Ted, the mother of the twins, the step mom of Jordan, the NEW step mom of Mads and Thayer, the wife of Alec, Chars aunt, and Chars mother’s sister. The gene pool is pretty thick here. Hmmmmmm.

beautyforherashes

Posted at 11:12 AM on March 15, 2013

Wow! I didn’t make that connection earlier about the weapon under the couch. You’re right, it couldn’t be the one used to kill Derek since he suffered blunt force trauma to the head by a crowbar. What Thayer had in his possession was definitely the weapon used to kill Theresa. It fits the description and like you said it had the tell tale green stains on it. I’m still hoping that Thayer isn’t the killer and just hiding the weapon for Alec. I think that Alec must have got to him and convinced him that he is a “good guy”. Thayer is giving him one more chance to prove his innocence by playing along. That might be a lame theory, but I still can’t see why T would want to hurt anyone (excluding Ethan of course lol), let alone Theresa!

Mimi

Posted at 2:42 PM on May 20, 2013

Yall really must jot be paying attentiong to the show or missing episodes because you both are wrong abput the weapon that Thayer had because the one that was found in Alecs golf bag had bood on it and the blood belonged to Derek. Then they realized that Alec was framed.

Mimi

Posted at 2:34 PM on May 20, 2013

You could be on to something but Ted never saw Alec kiss Kristen Rebecca went back and told ted and Laurel overheard the fight with her parents….you also have to remember they are all connected because they grew up together and went to school together or did you miss thay part. Also Thayers mom left him and Alec for another guy who told her to choose between them or her child and she left Thayer with Alec. I dont think its this mom yall keeo speaking of. Now maybe Dereks mom because she was mad because Alec was not returning her calls. They need to come on with Season 3 or more episodes to this season.

beautyforherashes

Posted at 2:54 PM on May 20, 2013

It seems like YOU are the one who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Your comment doesn’t even make any sense.

Shy

Posted at 10:40 PM on March 13, 2013

Omg!!! I was soo shocked watching the finale. Im trying to piece together the facts. If thayer did kill derek & theresa, he was trying to find info to blame alec & cover up. But the question is why? Why would he kill derek or theresa? I cannot wait until next season!!!!!

toti

Posted at 9:07 PM on March 19, 2013

when does next season start?

Mal

Posted at 9:30 PM on March 13, 2013

Anyone have the thought that maybe Alec jumped. That way if Rebecca was found on the roof the suspicion would stay on her and not turn to Thayer.

Shiny

Posted at 12:33 AM on March 14, 2013

Totally what I thought

Yoly

Posted at 12:20 PM on March 19, 2013

But she had black gloves on. Why would she have them on if she wasn’t going to kill him?

Alexandra

Posted at 8:49 PM on March 13, 2013

I think that Kristin has a dark side and that she did it, -(Derrick and Theresa) in conjunction with Thayer. When Rebecca gave Sutton the 16 year old diary-it was clear Kristin suffered from mental problems and she even stated she wanted to give the baby (Sutton) back and that she had feelings for Alec. Maybe she has had secrets all along or some weird bi-polar disorder and that is why they make her so boring and goody-goody. Secretly she is on meds that control her insanity.
I think Kristin and Thayer share a big secret, remember that weird conversation they had when he came to the door to ask about Emma –and Kristin tells Thayer he should have stayed in LA why did he he have to come back? That had to have some meaning because it was weird and didn’t make sense in the normal scheme of things.
I sincerely doubt that Rebecca could have pushed Alec through the ceiling. Someone else came up and pushed him from behind. We know it wasn’t Thayer, Jordan, Ethan, Kristin, Mads, Laurel, Sutton, Dan, Ted. That leaves….EMMA! Who is worried she will be sent back to…Foster Care and she is mad that Alec split them up at birth and sent her to an awful life in multiple Foster homes while he sent Sutton to her real Dad (Ted) in a nice house with a nice family. Now her bad childhood is coming back to haunt her. Emma probably has a dark side too. Or maybe Annie reappeared. Or someone entirely new.
I think Emma pushed Alec because she is the only one who wasn’t at the gala dinner and furthermore, the producers didn’t kill off Alec, he is the lead and there is no decent show without him, he is just too good. I think it would be great if he turned out to be the twins’ real Dad. (DNA test anyhow-because Rebecca was certainly sleeping around)
Alec would not have jumped because he is a total narcissist and loves himself much too dearly to do anything to hurt his beautiful face. As far as who killed Theresa-what looks obvious is that Alec prodded Thayer into doing it-note all the weird Father-Son moments in recent episodes. Or maybe Thayer did it for Emma. Or for his secret lover Kristin. But I think Kristin did it for some reason, maybe she thought Ted was having an affair with Theresa (the missing $20k) or maybe she thought Theresa’s investigation would compromise her divorce settlement. Kristin probably had an affair with Thayer, is planning on taking all of Ted’s money, and is just stringing Alec along for legal help. Can’t hurt to have the DA on your side. –(remember how she couldn’t bring herself to go through with being with Alec on the night they were at the hotel)–As far as Jordan, and his “brother in LA” who was that brother? Anyhow it will end up being self-defense or something, the kid doesn’t have a mean bone in his body.
Gee this is long but those twins are grown up now anyhow so why do they even worry about which family they will live with. They need to go to college and get a job. LOL!

lilian

Posted at 10:23 AM on March 14, 2013

what the hell are you saying? emma was in the room talking to thayer when alec was pushed..how it it have been her? think

Josie

Posted at 4:51 PM on March 13, 2013

I think thayer and kristen are in on it together. The person who stole the necklace had blonde gair so it cant jave been thayer and kristen is like the only one who doesnt know about the twins so she might just be using it as a cover so no one would rxpect her

girl

Posted at 4:49 PM on March 13, 2013

Omg! What if its ema’s foster brother !

beautyforherashes

Posted at 1:10 PM on March 13, 2013

From the beginning I shipped Ethan and Emma, but after the season finale it was obvious that Sutton and Ethan had a moment together. I couldn’t help but remember what Emma told him, “No matter what there is always going to be a part of you that wants to be with Sutton.” It sure seemed like that was true after last night! I think he’s going to do the right thing though and stick with Dan. They are brothers after all! With Theresa being gone now, Dan is really going to need Ethan to lean on. I hope they can completely repair their relationship. Hopefully we’ll get to see more of this addictive show!! Do the right thing ABC FAMILY! :)

Megan

Posted at 7:19 PM on March 13, 2013

It was Sutton that said “No matter what a oart of you will want to be with Emma”

lilian

Posted at 10:25 AM on March 14, 2013

no it was not..when ethan and emma were going to have sex, ethan confessed to emma about what happened at the ranch. then emma said “there is always going to be a part of you wanting to be with her [sutton]

beautyforherashes

Posted at 1:07 PM on March 13, 2013

Anyone have any thoughts on the Jordan/Mads situation? I have to be honest, before the spring finale last night I had never really been all that interested in this storyline. It just seemed a little boring and I felt that Mads should’ve had better sense. If Jordan really did kill his own brother I can’t imagine their “relationship” seeing the light of day. SO many intense emotions last night!!

beautyforherashes

Posted at 1:04 PM on March 13, 2013

I just have a sinking suspicion that nothing is quite what it seems. For instance, we aren’t really sure what happened on the roof between Alec and Rebecca. I for one am a bit skeptical that Rebecca managed to PUSH Alec through the ceiling. She isn’t that big and I’m sure he’s stronger than she is. Granted she could have tricked him somehow and caused him to slip. Perhaps there was someone else on the roof with her that us viewers just didn’t get to see. I doubt Alec is dead though. Evil never seems to die!

Opie

Posted at 12:36 PM on March 13, 2013

Oh and I think Kristen knows there are twins but acted not to know to keep killing. In that way she’ll never be suspected and I don’t know her motive…

Opie

Posted at 12:26 PM on March 13, 2013

I’ve always suspected Thayer from the start…his awckwardness; ppl like him always have more stories to themselves…he wanted Alec to go down because he knows Alec knows he is the Killer. No, Alec isn’t Dead..he might be in coma or trauma but not dead…I feel bad for Emma for losing her virginity to a frigging killer…

Rachel

Posted at 12:09 PM on March 13, 2013

do you know when is the next episode ? And do you have the link of the spoiler ? Thx !

betty

Posted at 11:51 AM on March 13, 2013

I think Kristen has something to do with the murders.

joe

Posted at 11:15 AM on March 13, 2013

I think Thayer was the one that broke into Rebecca’s box and stole that necklace to plant it at Theresa’s murder spot

Breanna

Posted at 9:31 PM on March 13, 2013

I thought I heard a female voice, I thought it might have been Annie or Kristen.