‘Deception’ Scoop: The Stars Talks Vivian’s Killer & Finale Shockers

Mon, March 4, 2013 5:17pm EDT by 12 Comments
Deception Spoilers Vivian Killer
Courtesy of NBC (3)

Spoiler alert: The real-life Bowers brace us for the season’s final three episodes!

Vivian Bowers’ killer will finally be revealed on the March 18 season finale of Deception, but the show’s stars assure HollywoodLife.com that there are plenty of other surprises fans can anticipate in the coming weeks. Victor GarberKatherine LaNasa and Ella Rae Peck recently met with the press to spill secrets about the upcoming episodes — and trust me, they didn’t give ‘em up easily.

Vivian’s Killer Will Be Revealed

Despite what many fans assume, the cast hasn’t known the identity of Vivian’s killer since day one. In fact, the stars were only recently clued in, and even they aren’t sure if they have the whole story.

“We found out when we read the last script, but it went through some changes; so even for us, it’s a little open-ended as to how it went down,” Katherine said. “We didn’t know who it was going to be. I was hoping it’d be me. I was looking forward to making someone my bitch in prison. That would have been a really good story line.”

Sofia Gets Down

And if you thought Sofia’s fights were limited to the racquetball court, you just wait. During the press lunch, Katherine’s finger was in a tiny cast thanks to an on-set injury she suffered while filming a Dynasty-style throw down.

“There’s some good stuff coming up,” she assured us. “I don’t know if you’ve seen this [gesturing to her finger], but it’s from the last episode. My big fight scene that I have. In heels. … You should see the other guy.

Mia’s Daddy Issues

Just when you thought Mia’s relationship with Haverstock (John Larroquette) couldn’t get any more complicated, Mia’s genetically-flawless boyfriend Kyle (David A. Gregory) gets thrown into the mix. As it turns out, things can still get way more complicated.

“At first, I’m a little curious,” Ella told us of Mia’s relationship to biological father. “There’s so much craziness going on in my own family that to hear I have someone else is sort of interesting. I think, at first, I want to see what he’s all about, and see if he’s someone I can trust. In the next episode, I find out a little more about his involvement with Kyle. It’s not a positive situation.”

Will ‘Deception’ Get A Second Season?

The only mystery bigger than “Who killed Vivian Bowers?” is definitely whether or not Deception will receive a second-season renewal. Despite a slew of internet naysayers, Victor told the press he’s confident that the show has plenty of life in it yet.

“NBC is behind the show, we’ve felt that from the very beginning,” he said. “And we are building. Every week, we’ve gotten more people. … I also think it’s the nature of television. People don’t watch TV like they used to. … The DVR numbers for our show have increased 40 percent. We’re growing, and we’ve very optimistic we’re having another season.”

(Good to hear!)

HollywoodLifers, who do YOU think killed Vivian? Do you hope Deception gets a second season? And who do you think Sofia will spar with in the coming weeks? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories about Deception!

— Andy Swift

More Deception on HollywoodLife.com:

1. ‘Deception’ Video: Sofia Gives Mia A Surprise Gift
  2. ‘Deception’ Video: Joanna & Will Fight About Julian — Watch
  3. ‘Deception’ Video: Joanna & Julian Play A Hot Game Of ‘Bodyguard’

mert freeman

Posted at 6:50 PM on September 29, 2013

I have been waiting on Deception, I love the show, and now I find out it is cancelled?? I hope this changes. I think net works should have to have endings pre-written for all serials. Its not fair to the fans to not have an ending!!! I am terribly disappointed! I can’t wait for 24 to resume, it has an ending each season…not left with cliffhangers that have no ending!!!

omotayo

Posted at 4:53 AM on June 4, 2013

it”s a real good film and I hope it gets another season; shows how human are really deceptive in nature. So many shocking revelations in the story line.

Who?Me?2013

Posted at 4:07 AM on May 15, 2013

The way ratings work is totally not fair. Ratings are base on if the show is watched in a day or so if one uses a recording device. I work and attend school weekdays. There is no way these companies are getting accurate ratings. I absolutely love love love deception. It was aired at a bad time with too many other things going on. People were following school shootings, NFL playoffs, NCAA Playoffs, presidential inauguration, etc. If that show were aired from April-June I bet the ratings would have be higher.

Pam

Posted at 11:51 PM on April 9, 2013

I hope this show is renewed. The acting is really good and it holds the attention of the viewers. This show deserves to continue so much more than a number of shows that continue to be on TV. I really like the character development and anticipation for what will happen next. Pam

Hyatt

Posted at 7:59 AM on March 19, 2013

Love Scandal but really love Deception. It is a AWESOME, fantastic show, great storyline, love the finale, got more story life….so many question, so much potential. Did Robert really kill Vivian or is he covering for someone? Did Beverly reveal more to Julian? What is Julian going to do with the info about his mom? Does he alrady know about Joanna being a cop? Haverstock, my favorite….he becomes attorney general? What happens to Will’s partner? What about Edward? Mia missing? What is Wyatt going to do? Agree with the post, show needs to lean towards, a more dramtic crime show rather than a soap opera. NBC needs to get on Twitterland, have a prechat, post chat, Twitter parties, and have every single Deception actor needs to participate including Wes Brown…he probably will have the most fans, men an women love him…Scandal folks have mastered this, they even tweet as their TV characters…NBC pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee renew for season 2. Monday will not be the same without Deception

Debra Bailey (@laydydee)

Posted at 4:31 PM on April 9, 2013

I think Julian found out about Will from Beverly. It is the only explanation I have for Julian literally chasing down Will to introduce Joanna as his girlfriend. It is not like Julian and Will are friends…they were going at it in that sexy “blue” wire undercover scene.

brenda

Posted at 5:40 PM on March 9, 2013

I Hope Deception gets another season. It is a great show.

SNAPPS

Posted at 10:50 AM on March 7, 2013

Awesome spoilers! I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen next I just don’t like how the writers are rushing things through right now up to the season finale. I always love me some primetime, and since I record them all I’m thankful I upgraded to the DISH Hopper DVR. This awesome DVR will allow me to use the PrimeTime Anytime feature, which records the 4 major networks during primetime hours. Since I work nights at DISH I don’t have many options and rather than miss my shows I can get them all and more. I used to have a mess at home, with all of my DVRs recording and annoying timer conflicts. Now we can enjoy more than before and it makes everyone happy.

Igor

Posted at 7:36 AM on March 5, 2013

I’m really disappointed, it’s so unoriginal, the script is so bad. Cable channels have revolutionized the TV series as we know them, it’s just too bad the big networks just persist to not follow the new trend. Especially NBC…

callie

Posted at 3:56 AM on March 5, 2013

I watch Deception every week and hope it gets another season. The plot started off slow and now the pace is picking up. Can,t wait to see who Sofia’s fight, that woman is tough!

Vonnie

Posted at 4:47 PM on March 12, 2013

Yes, this show is derived – made me immediately think of Twin Peaks and Damages within the first few episodes, but I still like it. Some parts are great, but I feel Joanna’s storyline can be weak sometimes with her police work. At times I watch and I am like really, you are a cop what are you doing?? Maybe that is why no one has caught onto her yet! I love Sophia, she is a b*tch but she is hardcore and I love it. Mia is a favorite too, definitely balances out the selfishness of her family!! And I don’t even need to comment on Julian and Will, sexy sexy sexy!

ShunyLu

Posted at 7:26 PM on March 4, 2013

I’m a huge fan of Deception. I really think all the actors and actresses are entertaining and believable. I really do hope the show gets another season. And of course, I’m anxious to know who really killed Vivian. It might sound crazy but I think Mia did it. I don’t know why I would say that but I just do….