‘Vampire Diaries’ Video: Why Did [Spoiler] Have To Die?

Fri, February 22, 2013 5:19pm EDT by 24 Comments
Vampire Diaries Jeremy Death Video
Courtesy of The CW

lou lou

Posted at 12:27 PM on March 27, 2013

I am going to miss jeremy he was a great and sometimes in wrong but he is fantastic and i am crying after what elena did she was nausty one.

jeremylover

Posted at 7:31 PM on March 26, 2013

I’ll remember Jeremy Gilbert, not as a stoner, wood-chopper or ghost-lover, but as a truly loyal brother, friend and boyfriend. He went through so much and it seems so unfair that death had to take him, when he didn’t want to be involved in any of this anyway. He was the best brother Elena could ever have wished for, and I know Jeremy would’ve hated to see Elena alone. I hope he’s happy now and reunited with his loved ones. Maybe, for once he can finally be at peace. RIP little Gilbert x

Omolade durosinmi

Posted at 5:14 PM on March 18, 2013

Stoner, i will miss him (crying)

Will Will

Posted at 8:14 AM on March 10, 2013

Why does Elena have to be a blood thirsty vampire? Could just bring Katherine back. Strongest person is Caroline, she lives with her hightened emotions w/o turning them off. I would loved to see her and Klaus’ relationship grow. i agree with developing the relationships between Rebekah and Stephan, Damon and Elena. But, who is Bonnie going to get with now, Tyler? Bonnie and Jeremy was a good match especially if he had kept his hunter powers. Witch/Hunter combo woulda been BAD@$$. Jeremy developed sooo much since Season 1 and was the next best human after killing off Alaric. Soooo pissed at TVD right now. And Please don’t have Bonnie get with Tyler, she’s not TVD’s desperate woman. Jeremy/Bonnie were a great fit. Bring another werewolf for Tyler. There has to be some BAD@$$ werewolf family line out there. TVD needs a werewolf Rebekah. I can go on, but i’ll stop here.

Nikki_L

Posted at 3:18 PM on March 4, 2013

And I hate that they killed Damon and Elena even before they started anything… So annoyed with VD right now

Nikki_L

Posted at 3:14 PM on March 4, 2013

Hate that Jeremy’s dead )-:

Brittany James

Posted at 7:13 PM on March 3, 2013

I am sad and disappointed that they killed Jeremy of the show. I get that Elena is the main character of the show, but come on! I really could care less if she ever turns full blood thirsty Vampire. JULIE! ELENA IS NOT THE ONLY PERSON THAT MATTERS ON THE SHOW! I love Elena, but really! There is so much talent and so many great characters on the show. I hope that you change your mind and some how let Bonnie’s plan work. And just in generally it would be nice to see more Caroline, more Bonnie, more Claus, and more Matt. PLEASE! It would be nice to see other people hook and have romance on the show besides Elena. Like, even though Rebekah is a mess sometimes, I AM LOVING her and Stefan! I would like to see Stefan and her develop actual feels for each other. You can’t make this show all about saving Elena all the time. STOP killing off characters!!! The love triangle between Damon, Elena, and Stefan is not enough to keep viewers. It would be nice if you could have different sub-plots going on that don’t all tie back to Elena. You have Werewolves and witches and vampire hunters and humans, use them! PLEASE BRING JEREMY back. And bring on some fresh new faces!!

fatima

Posted at 8:01 PM on March 19, 2013

100% right. agrre with everything u wrote.

princesslola

Posted at 6:13 AM on March 2, 2013

Yes, sadly Jeremy had to die for Elena to turn full Vamtress! Now, we can finally get to see some personality from Elena as a Vampire. Jeremy’s death was the ultimatly perfect excuse for Elena to turn off her humanity! Any other reason wouldn’t have made any sense.

MelissaS

Posted at 11:27 PM on February 25, 2013

I’m very sad that Jeremy died. I do not want that to be the end of him. I want him to come back. I hope Bonnie fixes it all so that way Jeremy will be back. If not :( then RIP Jeremy and I will certainly miss you

Anni

Posted at 7:46 AM on February 24, 2013

I so shipped Beremy and wanted it to be the end result but Jeremy died so suddenly. I don’t think I will be watching TVD anymore as its so obvious they base there storylines on Elena and her two lovers which is ridiculous. RIP Jeremy, we shall all miss you:(

Chantae Williams

Posted at 6:57 PM on February 23, 2013

Im still mourning the loss of Jeremy! And i think every time i watch TVD as of now im gonna feel emotional with Jeremy missing. How could they take him from us???? That was the worst episode ever and i will never recover from it!!!!!!

Tony James

Posted at 4:56 PM on February 23, 2013

RIP Jeremy wish he comes back. I MISS U ALREADY :(. I cant believe they actually killed him in the series :'(

Michael

Posted at 2:55 PM on February 23, 2013

RIP Jeremy. I will miss you. So pissed they let him die.

Rachel

Posted at 10:16 AM on February 23, 2013

Dear Andy,

Jeremy was not “desiccated” by Bonnie. She stopped his heart. To desiccate is to dry out. I know it’s used on the show a lot, but it’s always in reference to a vampire who’s either being bled out or merely starved.

Erika

Posted at 7:00 AM on February 23, 2013

im gonna miss jeremy! but i have this feeling that he’s comming back!! and the thing with damon and elena, i think it was the right thing to do, but i also wanted elena to have this human emotion. becuase now she’s gonna be just like katherine, and i think we need only one katherine on the show not two..
i feel that julie(?) the producer, are gonna kill all the ppl on tvd and just start a season 5 with elena, damon and stefan. like wtf? why did jeremy have to die?!?!? i didnt actually like him in season 1, cause he was all up in vicky, but in season 2 and 3 and 4 i love him! they cant take him off the show.

lizzie

Posted at 11:31 PM on February 22, 2013

Steven R McQueen had hit the gym and become a mainline stud. He became the best eye candy on TVD. I think it sucks bigtime that he was killed. Bring him back as Klaus’s slave, or have him in Purgatory like the Winchester boys. But I don’t have nearly as much to look forward to on Thursday nights now.

Jewel

Posted at 9:15 PM on February 22, 2013

The last three shows have barely kept my attention…too bad I’m not an executive or I would definitely be making a phone call to the writers. I was not excited to see the shows…the story line is what….really this is so stupid!! The next one looks just as bad. However, Jeremy’s death was tragic. Get back on track or you will lose your audience. I’ve been a fan from the beginning, but this is not what people want to see! It was more interesting with Damon and Elena falling in love and Stephan and Rebeka together. Now build on that & make the story amazing!!!

cindy

Posted at 8:22 PM on February 22, 2013

Sucks that they killed Jeremy off the show. As for Damon talking Elena into turning the switch on her emotions, he did the right thing. The grief would have been too much for Elena to bear. As a vampire her emotions are magnified. He did what he had to do to protect her. He was right, even he’s not enough to help Elena get through the pain of losing her only family. May not be the ideal situation, but it had to be done.

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES BEST FAN ( Linda )

Posted at 7:34 PM on February 22, 2013

TVD now will be very boring and sad. Elena is going to be evil just like katherin she’s now Katherin number 2 and for Jeremy I really gona miss him so much.without Jeremy TVD is nothing.It’s possible that Jeremy to be back plssss bring back Jeremy plsss. :(

mozzie

Posted at 7:24 PM on February 22, 2013

at the end of VD 14 i actually didn’t believe he would stay dead, as you said he cheated death so many times and for me was such an important character. it wasn’t until the episode 15 that i shed tears over him. i still want to believe he’ll be back somehow, by some supernatural twist… like Matt said sometimes hope is the only thing that keeps you going…
i think that it was actually the only thing that could make Elena turn it off, it was really well thought, so natural with who she is. and yes if you wanted to go there then this death was necessary. but i will really regret it since i really came to like him…

Leah

Posted at 5:25 PM on February 22, 2013

I miss Jeremy:-( It’s weird, I never really noticed his presence but man do I feel his absence a LOT!!

Rosanna-Roadie Langley

Posted at 5:30 AM on February 23, 2013

I actually don’t want to watch this show anymore now!! The writers have gone too far this time. They’ve killed too many characters off and it’s making the show too unlikable!!! I refuse to bother with a show where you see every character you like just being killed off. What’s the point?! They need to get their act together for season 5 or I fear TVD will not be returning at all after that at the rate they’re going.

Kat

Posted at 6:24 PM on February 23, 2013

I agree the writers went too far killing Jeremy and if they don’t get it together I am not watching any longer. Cannot believe it still.