Oscar Pistorius: Murder Suspect Had Previous Domestic Violence Incidents

Thu, February 14, 2013 10:42am EDT by 20 Comments
Oscar Pistorious Charged Murder
AP/Invision

Noella

Posted at 10:55 PM on March 2, 2014

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
I’ll

make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information.
Thanks for the

post. I’ll definitely comeback.

übersetzungscomputer italienisch

Posted at 7:21 PM on August 4, 2013

Hey there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of
the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

child care

Posted at 4:18 AM on April 9, 2013

Hi, thanks for sharing

ariana

Posted at 5:22 PM on February 22, 2013

the gun was unlicended, so he shouldn’t have had it, and he was to quick to pull it. and the past incidents with women, a guy who would hurt a woman has a screw lose. women are vendictive honey!! not smart.

attyboy

Posted at 9:44 AM on February 19, 2013

The incident will become more clear when all the facts are known. As it currently stands, however, things don’t look good for the defense.

Jack Nelson

Posted at 6:36 PM on February 17, 2013

He tip-toed downstairs? What, without any legs?

lisa

Posted at 12:01 PM on February 15, 2013

@Arggg: Not really. Both are done in the heat of the moment – something a decent person would probably regret afterwards but is capable of doing anyway.

Arggg

Posted at 10:49 AM on February 15, 2013

While I disapprove of his treatment of the 19-year-old, there’s a huge difference between slamming a door on somebody and shooting them to death. Somebody better look into this carefully.

joe

Posted at 10:10 AM on February 15, 2013

what is our business if he is the most recognisable in south african! Thrut is that he has taking away the life of that youngh girl, may her soul rest in peace!!

joe

Posted at 10:09 AM on February 15, 2013

joe

Posted at 10:09 AM on February 15, 2013

crystal

Posted at 4:00 PM on February 14, 2013

What you reported is not domestic violence. It does not show anything.

Why don’t you report whether Pistorious had death threats against him. How about during the Olympics.

He is one of the most recognizable names for the London games- if not the top. His competing was a moment for everyone. I would expect with the fame he had that he did get death threats that would make him paranoid of being kidnapped or put in a position where he could not fight back.

If he was surprised in the night, or confused that someone was in his home late at night, shots could easily be fired at what was thought to be an intruder. If it was dark, mistaken identify is possible too. Just because someone has become angry before doesn’t mean he would do this intentionally– slamming a door and someone’s foot got stuck in it also can’t be interpretted without the facts. The prosecutor didn’t go forward.

This man has a disability, we don’t know if he had legs on, or not, or was vulnerable, confused, had any drugs/alcohol in his system that would make him mistakenly think that an intruder was in the house.

I think to charge the man, without a confession (not under pressure given) is a mistake at this point.

Berrie Stoop

Posted at 9:58 AM on February 16, 2013

I hear you Crystal but in SA the law clearly states that a warning shot must be fired. If you apply for a gun, you must wright a test and get training before a license is issued. If only…….. Again I must say that we don’t know what happened but the state prosecutor will not charge him with predetermined murder if this was the case. I do pray for him and hope that there is a reason (not that I can think of a possible one) for this awesome girl taken away at that age.

Yolande

Posted at 2:17 PM on February 19, 2013

You are 100% correct! According to his statement in court today, he did not have his legs on and was very vulnerable! I believe that things like this happens! I live in SA, and although a stunning country, we all know that we have crime, and that his response was not in any way out of the ordinary!

It’s really a sad event, and I can only hope that he gets the trial he deserves!

niki

Posted at 12:46 PM on February 22, 2013

And yet still an innocent woman is dead (by his hands). I don’t care how you twist and turn it but he should be held accountable for that. Can someone tell me what alarming or frightening noise he could hear in the bathroom that could put him on alert (she doubled flush?). Give me a break, its just like any other society….. you have money and that equals opportunity to get off – even of murder. Want to bet, had it been the ordinary man on the streets, he would be lost away in jail even before trial. Give me a break.

Joey N Lori Felix

Posted at 4:18 PM on June 3, 2013

Uhhhh, yeh, except that he shot this “intruder” in such a fashion that somehow he knew they were on the toilet. That’s fishy … WAYYYY to fishy to just disregard! Especially when there are no reports of multiple guns fired, no signs of anything breaking and causing such a rucus (like a broken window or kicked in door that would prompt this sort of behavior), and this comment that he believed his girl was still in the bed?? Really??? I’ve been married 4 years, and before that I’ve dated many women, and I’ve NEVER been confused as to whether or not my girl was in bed … and he’s an amputee … it’s not like he gets out of bad faster than I.

The prosecution should ABSOLUTELY proceed, until he presents ANYTHING that rationalizes these things!

Sarah

Posted at 7:33 PM on April 22, 2014

This is brilliant and so true! I never thought of it this way. Of course if you are in bed and hear a noise you would know if your girlfriend was next to you or not. Makes it so clear and obvious.

john

Posted at 3:21 PM on February 14, 2013

“…as well as his paranoia…” Uhm, not saying that Oscar is guilty or innocent of anything at this stage, but is it REALLY paranoia? This country has one of the highest official murder rates in the world and people get murdered for a cellphone on a daily basis. If I could get past the government’s expensive and restrictive rules to own a handgun I would have two to protect me and mine

Andrey Min'kov

Posted at 11:17 AM on February 14, 2013

Murder is the only source of inspiration. Free gift of God.

Erika

Posted at 4:41 AM on February 18, 2013

Hi all…I am living proof that the government, magistrates, police, legal system do support violence against women and children..even men… until it’s too late! i lost my three small children to an abusive husband after a 2 year custody battle. It was like reality was the nightmare and the nightmare reality. They ignored all my fears accomanied with the extensive records of physical abuse and doctors reports. I suffered fractured legs, broken jaw, fractured arm, a fusion in my neck after he turned my neck around numerous….the list goes on and on…and he past the rules of being in possesion of a fire arm btw…hmmm…no words…i’m rather confused as to who needs to be prosecuted here….