‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Jeremy’s New ‘Kill’ Sets A Dark Plan In Motion

Thu, January 31, 2013 11:55pm EDT by 49 Comments
Vampire Diaries Jeremy Kills Kol
Courtesy of The CW

Dail

Posted at 6:15 PM on February 3, 2013

Well i dont like it all i want is Stefan And Elena :) they were my fav couple ever. I think if Elena was turned in season 2 episode 20 or 21, this season wouldnt be like this. Well i know Elena would try as hard as she could to find stefan in season 3. Season 4 would probably be the oppisite because stefan would probably figure out of the sire bond to her from him that would NOT be good since they are perfect together.Damon would probably be with rebeca. They all would look for the cure and probably when tbey find the cure they would use it on a ton of vamps. Stefan and Elena forever!!!:)

TehD

Posted at 6:44 PM on February 3, 2013

No, Elena would still be sired to Damon. She has only ever ingested his blood.

Maram

Posted at 3:31 PM on February 3, 2013

Well, Maybe Damon told everyone about Stebekah because he was angry at Stefan for including Rebekah since she tried to kill the one he loves and tortured the hell out of him back in 3×18, let’s not forget that Stefan had spent the last 24 hours reveling in the fact that he has an excuse to torture Damon and repeatedly snapped his neck and bled him dry. Also, if Damon owned up to sleeping with Bex last season, why can’t Stefan do that to? That’s why lots think that STefan is a childish coward…

Delena Dreams (@DelenaDreams143)

Posted at 3:06 AM on February 3, 2013

Yes… The tragedy that is Stelena is that Stefan minus Elena equals Happy and Elena minus Stefan plus Damon equals Happy!
I don’t know how anyone is/was ableto root for a couple that were miserable more of the time than they were happy together…
Rebakah has always been the one original that I actually could feel sorry for and I think Stefan and her would be good together… thats a relationship that actually has potential of evolving like Elena and Damon’s relationship did.

vish

Posted at 12:09 AM on February 2, 2013

Has anyone else noticed that elena has not cried even once since she and damon became a couple in 4×07..?!!!! and that she had the guts to execute a plan that actually worked..!!!! :P Damon is actually really good for her… :)

Shane

Posted at 8:46 PM on February 1, 2013

Honestly I have always liked rebeka I cant really thing of a point in time when I truly disliked her, she has been through so much, because she loves and trusts too much it isnt fair, if she had been daggered i would have spewed tongues of flames. on the other hand i am starting to HATE elena i sorta liked her but the thing is she is just so FUDGING HYPOCRITICAL she hates klaus for killing her loved ones to get what he wants when she has people killed or kills people all the time to get what she wants

She wants a vampire boyfriend; she is ready to burn down the town for him

She wants to save damon : She forces Bonnie and Gramms to keep the tomb open by running inside resulting in gramms death

She wants to be human : She allows for hundreds of deaths in the quest to make her human

she is just so selfish sometimes

KK

Posted at 8:10 AM on February 1, 2013

OMG OBSESSED!! That’s how I feel about Stebekah.

I’ve always been a big Rebekah fan. She’s so intriguing. She’s tied with her siblings as second most powerful supernatural in the world and yet all she wants is to be a teenage girl in high school. It’s totally tragic and sweet at the same time. And best of all- it’s so completely human to want the one thing you can’t have.

And I’ve liked Stefan and Rebekah’s chemistry and story from the beginning. I thought it was so interesting that the Stefan we knew was once in love with the crazy awesome and powerful girl. They made the 20s look like the most fun thing that ever existed. And they were SO BAD.

But I NEVER expected to like them together in present day this much or this fast! I mean…..they’re freaking adorable and HOT at the same time and at all times. That dance was so cute and I THOUGHT they were trying to make it more perfect by letting them have crazy fast vampire sex at school, but instead Stefan’s trying to show her how to slide down the hall in her socks!! (he was trying to get the dagger from her blah blah blah)

I hope the writers explore this relationship for a long time. There is literally no end to the story lines this could produce. Or epic moments of SQUEE it could lead too!!! #BRINGINTHEBOOMBOXES

Posted at 10:43 AM on February 1, 2013

I see we think alike :) I only wish they’d given Stefan & Rebekah more time to be together before he betrayed her… again.

delena fan

Posted at 7:32 AM on February 1, 2013

Loved the Klaus/Damon talk. I don’t know why I hated Rebecah in the beginning, she has changed so much since. She is actually a kind person underneath. I think Stefan and Rebecah are great together, but why do I somehow feel that Rebecah is becoming a Elena 2.0? I understand why Damon told everyone about Rebecah and Stefan, he can’t be 100% sure about Elena, when the sire bond is still working. Hope he won’t screw up the relationship with his insecurity though.

Posted at 10:43 AM on February 1, 2013

Same! Rebekah has grown on me so much this season. I think humanizing her really helped.

Sabrina

Posted at 4:55 AM on February 1, 2013

I have to say..this is my best episode ever…stebekah..you guys rock…I must confess..I really did not like bex..but she’s shown us a new side of her that’s good..I have to give an applause to elena..she finally put a plan together that went well..although there were little hiccups…but in the end..it came through…go team gilbert..as for bonnie..wow…the witch is getting feisty..finally…was getting tired of seeing her all wimpy..as for her mom and dad…those two perfectly fit each other..what in the hell were they thinking…and her dad canceling the school dance..he better watch or he might just end up dead..klaus and damon’s heart to heart talk..wow..that was interesting…but two things caught my attention…stefan and elena’s love and compulsion..klaus did point out the truth..no way that kind of love is gonna die. And I think damon knows it too..and really..damon had to bring up the stebekah..rendezvous..seriously???!!!..looks like someone wants to look too good for elena..am surprised elena look shocked n somewhat pissed..let’s face it elena…stefan can move on..with whoever he likes..get over yourself..d throw down between stefan and damon..I knew that was coming..but did jeremy really have to ruin me watching the two brothers throw down…ooh..come its been a while since that happened..hmmmm..miss it though…bonnie seems to be all powerful now that’s a good thing…klaus seemed very mad…I would to say I felt sorry for him and his torched brother but..I don’t…serves him and he’s lunatic brother right..ooh..and bringing katherine back..wow..that’s cool..I foresee more throw downs coming soon..like I said best episode ever!!!!!

Posted at 10:47 AM on February 1, 2013

I can’t wait for them to bring Katherine back!!

TehD

Posted at 4:43 AM on February 1, 2013

This was easily the best episode of the season. Elena and Jeremy worked in synch, and that was AWESOME. Bonnie stood up to her (admittedly neglectful) parents; also awesome. Stebekah–GAH. I can’t get enough of them. The only way that scene would have been more amazing is if Stefan had given her the dagger back.

I also really liked that Rebekah and Kol proved they weren’t stupid. They’re very cunning. Kol was out outnumbered this time, and Rebekah is finally learning her lesson(s).

LOVED this episode. So very, very much.

Posted at 10:47 AM on February 1, 2013

Elena & Jeremy make a surprisingly good team.

Courtney

Posted at 4:21 AM on February 1, 2013

I think they should have more shirtless Jeremy scenes :) For all the ladies! and I like how even though the Originals hate each other at the end of the day they are family and care for each other. And when are Bonnie and Jeremy getting back together!!!!

Posted at 10:47 AM on February 1, 2013

“I think they should have more shirtless Jeremy scenes.”

I won’t disagree with that.

jenna

Posted at 2:27 AM on February 1, 2013

“memory problem”

Ash

Posted at 2:25 AM on February 1, 2013

Rebecca showed us her ” kind ” side and stefan and Rebecca do look good together even tho initially I wasn’t so happy. However…WHY did they kill Kol…he was such a good villain guy. Maybe the spinoff wud bring him bak. Writers can do that right ?

Sarah Stevens

Posted at 1:14 AM on February 1, 2013

Just afew points..
1. I love Delena and Stebekah!!
2. Thought it was sweet how Klaus wanted advice from Damon, I really wish Caroline and Klaus would hook up.. Speaking of Caroline.. where is she? I don’t remember her leaving..
3. Just before Kol died I felt sad for him. He seemed to genuinely believe that he was doing the right thing & he’s cute!!
4. I never liked Bonnie’s mother, interesting how she never cared about Bonnie before and abandoned her but now she’s decided to care. A little too late!!
5. I think there’s more to finding the cure than meets the eye. I have a hunch that something is going to go seriously wrong.. Ive always had that gut feeling- lets see!

Posted at 1:18 AM on February 1, 2013

I agree, I think they’ll learn something bad about the curse very soon. I was also under the impression that it could only be used on one person, but maybe I’m wrong.

jay

Posted at 12:55 AM on February 1, 2013

I think klaus will kill Jeremy in the finale as revenge, his story line will be complete and its a perfect ending, because it will effect everybody and klous will have the hunters curse so he can’t cause trouble.

Posted at 1:18 AM on February 1, 2013

I could definitely see that happening… and I will weep forever.

Elizabeth

Posted at 12:48 AM on February 1, 2013

Not really sure what to say about half of the episode. Killing off Kol???? So much for him being in the spin-off. Praying for heaps and heaps of flashbacks. As for Elena’s plan actually working? I will admit right away that I was definitely surprised and disappointed. Still hate her though! And Bonnie. All I have to say is….really?? I actually liked Bonnie in the beginning of the show but now, yeah not so much. I don’t know why but half of the characters on this show are just gettiong worse and worse. BRING ON THE ORIGINALS SPIN OFF. And please please please have all of them in it, even though two of the 4 of the 7 siblings are dead.

Posted at 1:19 AM on February 1, 2013

See, I like Bonnie MORE now. As for the Originals, I think only the living ones will appear on the spin-off… unless they’re in flashbacks.

Jean

Posted at 12:28 AM on February 1, 2013

I am still reeling from the episode @_@ My gosh, Jeremy had to go Hulk and rip his shirt off to show us his nice piece pecs XDD One word: Wow. It is forever ingrained in my mind, thank Steven lol. On another note: they killed Kol ;-;!! We don’t even know that much about him, other than his escapades with the witches.

It seems Elena is channeling Katherine in this episode XD! I did NOT expect her to devise a plan like this. She stepped it up ;)! Nice d ^_^! Now, if only she can keep it up lol

Posted at 1:20 AM on February 1, 2013

Right? I hope she keeps it up — I actually liked her this week!

And yeah, Steven won television this week with that scene.

Anna

Posted at 12:12 AM on February 1, 2013

Excellent recap, I loved it! Same thing here: I am flabbergasted by Elena being able to devise a plan and not screwing it. She’s stepped up her game.
I hope we’ll see more Stebekah.

Posted at 12:14 AM on February 1, 2013

lol right?! maybe being a vampire is a GOOD thing for her.

Tara

Posted at 12:03 AM on February 1, 2013

wheres caroline and tyler -_-

Posted at 12:13 AM on February 1, 2013

They weren’t in this week’s episode… or last week’s, sadly. But they’ll definitely be back next week, and I can’t wait!

mvk

Posted at 11:35 PM on January 31, 2013

Klaus and Damon were great. Maybe Klaus will become Damon’s new Alaric. It;s about time Bonnie stood up for herself and stopped being so whimpy. Andy, you were spot on tonight. Thank You.

Posted at 11:56 PM on January 31, 2013

Thank YOU!

Olivia

Posted at 10:38 PM on January 31, 2013

Stefan and Rebekah?? EWWWW!!

Posted at 11:57 PM on January 31, 2013

Why ew?! She makes him happy and he brings out her emotions. I think they’re good for each other… ulterior motives aside, of course.

jay

Posted at 10:30 PM on January 31, 2013

fuck this show they are killing all the good character like kol and lexi they better not kill katherine cause im so done with this show already until they bring her stupid julie u should hav killed matt he is pointless

Posted at 1:20 AM on February 1, 2013

Kill Matt? Why would you say that?! Haha, no but really, I’m surprised to hear anyone mourning Kol. I didn’t think he had any fans.

TehD

Posted at 4:45 AM on February 1, 2013

I’ve been a huge fan of Kol since he beat Damon’s knees. Don’t get me wrong, I adore Damon, but Kol just cheerily chirped, “There! Now we’re even.” What’s not to like?

Sherie

Posted at 10:27 PM on January 31, 2013

lol love reading your recaps every week even though I still have to wait another 7 hours to watch the show here in Australia. But now I want be able to watch the Rebekah confession without picturing you licking her face!!! :) No Delena v Stelena this week? I was enjoying seeing Delena’s score thrash Stelena.

Posted at 11:58 PM on January 31, 2013

Hahaha, honestly, there just wasn’t enough Delena vs. Stelena in this episode to merit a face-off. It would have been zero/zero. And what fun is that? ;)

Lorelai

Posted at 10:23 PM on January 31, 2013

Completely stoked to see Elena do something useful! Kol + Flames = Good Times.
Kinda worried now that the Sudden Influx of Slayer Power will kind of make Jer go crazy and start hacking away at the group of vampires standing in front of him.

Also, Joseph Morgan is my king.

Posted at 11:59 PM on January 31, 2013

Based on his intense shirt rip, I think it’s safe to say Jeremy has already gone FULLY crazy.

Monica Anders

Posted at 10:15 PM on January 31, 2013

JEREMY SMASH! The funniest moment in TVD history.

Personally, I loved the Klaus/Damon conversation. Beautifully written and acted, it gave us a lot of insight to both characters and probably laid a bit of foundation as to how the rest of the season / series is going to go. Well done, show.

Posted at 10:18 PM on January 31, 2013

I loved the Klaus/Damon conversation too! I just couldn’t find a spot for it, so I didn’t recap it.

I have a feeling there will be PLENTY to write about those two moving forward, though… :)

Great episode.

abe

Posted at 10:10 PM on January 31, 2013

………my niece can’t sleep any more.

Posted at 10:14 PM on January 31, 2013

Is this at all related to TVD, or do you just like talking about your niece? I’ve got time…

Delena

Posted at 7:25 PM on February 1, 2013

you didn’t do the weekly stelena/delena breakdown! lol that’s my favourite part! other than that, great recap.