‘Glee': Sam & Brittany Are The Perfect Match For Each Other

Fri, December 7, 2012 3:09pm EDT by 86 Comments
Glee Sam Brittany Relationship
Courtesy of Fox

After witnessing Sam and Brittany’s kissing scene and duet on the Dec. 6 episode of ‘Glee,’ I’ve decided that these two character belong together — find out why!

After Brittany (Heather Morris) and Santana (Naya Rivera) broke up on Glee, I wasn’t sure that Ms. Pierce would ever find an equally lovable match for herself, but I think she’s found the perfect suitor in Sam (Chord Overstreet).

Not only do Brittany and Sam look adorable together (both blonde, fit and hot), but they’re a perfect match, intellectually, as well. Now, some many say that’s an insult, but I find Brittany and Sam’s personalities to be cute and endearing. Together, they amplify their adorableness.

Unfortunately, the fans don’t seem to agree with me…

After the Dec. 6 episode, one outraged fan reached out to HollywoodLife.com and said, “lets face it — it’s a fact that Brittany was mute whilst in a relationship with Santana and now that she’s with Sam, she can speak, sing and is allowed to have story lines,” while adding, “It’s actually revolting and sick what Glee have just done.”

Another fan said, “Brittany and Sam? No thanks. He laid cereal on the FLOOR for her to eat, which she did … like an animal.”

Sure, after reading comments like this, I see the animal comparison. However, when I watched the episode, where Sam made a cute trail of cheerios so Brittany would find him at the end, I found it to be cute and very Brittany. Sam clearly knows the type of person Brittany is and loves her for her. If anything, it seems as though the “fans” don’t love Brittany for who she is.

I look forward to seeing more romantic moments between Sam and Brittany!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you a fan of “Bram”?

Watch More ENTV Videos!

— Chris Rogers

More Glee on HollywoodLife.com:

1. Exclusive: Jessica Sanchez ‘Definitely’ Wants To Be Finn’s Love Interest
  2. Why Kurt Needs To Forgive Blaine For Cheating
  3. Recap: Marley Faints On Stage At Sectionals

Isabelle

Posted at 6:30 PM on July 23, 2014

They actually get eachother.. They understand who they are and I’m very displeased they aren’t together anymore. :(

Lana Kane

Posted at 11:39 PM on February 19, 2013

Yeah, still hate them, sorry. Actually, I liked the more balanced relationships of Brittana and Samcedes. No offense, but Bram is just too much stupid for this viewer to take.

Chyloe

Posted at 4:44 AM on January 26, 2013

Yes, they look adorable together, and one other thing, Sam and Brittany have to be the sweetest, most genuine characters on the show. They deserve each other.

Lali

Posted at 6:19 PM on January 6, 2013

I deffenitly don’t think that they two belong together. They are way too different.. What I think is that Sam supposed to be with Mercedes though she’s away from McKinley, but if you watch the episodes back I think you can see how much he loved Mercedes.. he cried over her, and tried to get her back so badly.. He haven’t done it to any other girl yet, and I don’t think he will. The fact that Sam is with Brittany makes everyone to think he’s just as stupid as she is. Seriously what are you expecting from this relationship? It’s redicilous. Sam belongs to Mercedes, that was true love from both sides. And also, I would like to mention that boys and girls can be only friends, but maybe some of the people out there haven’t heard about it.. Pls do something about this BRAM thing, brake up or yea.. break up would be the best decision.

ne

Posted at 1:18 PM on December 29, 2012

blam <3

ne

Posted at 1:20 PM on December 29, 2012

bram <3

Cris

Posted at 6:23 PM on December 24, 2012

Sorry, but putting food on the floor for Brittany to eat is not “loving her for who she is”. What the hell kind of logic is that? Loving her for who she is means accepting her quirks and her flaws and encouraging her to “believe in her own magic”. That’s love.

Putting food on the floor for someone isn’t cute or funny, it’s degrading and disgusting, regardless of how infantile someone is believed to be. Why perpetuate that kind of behavior? Why encourage a 19 year old woman to eat off the floor?

Brittany and Sam are just an awful, awful pairing and I question the sanity of anyone who finds this kind of behavior “adorable” or entertaining.

alyssa

Posted at 11:13 AM on December 24, 2012

the glee writers need to sort themselves out because the way they represent gay girls is not right. i hope they see this article and read our comments because our anger and resentment is legitimate.

theknife01

Posted at 7:13 AM on December 24, 2012

Well, actually it wasn’t in “Brittany style”, considering that when Artie gave her a petcen he found on the floor she was disgusted by that. Are we talikng again about a stupid girl? because that was old story. That was the story the authors picked up for the past seasons, the story that Santana always tried to get better for her, showing her she wasn’t what others said; with Sam it doesn’t seems so, but the opposite. They claim to be different (stupid) for everyone, they do silly things, but not silly aka cute&sweet&actually different way to think, just silly. I always liked Sam, but not like this. And I always liked Brittany, but not like this.
Being innocente is not being stupid, yet it seems authors forgot it.

Kailey D

Posted at 5:04 AM on December 24, 2012

Definitely not a fan of Bram. First of all, what the hell happened to Sam’s season long pursuit of Mercedes? “I won’t stop until its trending” was the cutest Sam line ever! And Santana clearly never picked on Sam because he fancied Brittany and I don’t think any fan of Glee could ever believe that. Sam was building a wonderful friendship with Brittany and I really think it was such a lost opportunity to pair them romantically.

Also, Brittana? What? Are they done now? Three seasons of build up and agony and then in one episode Brittany insults their fans and their relationship? Little bit weird. I’m no huge Brittana shipper but I really liked their relationship because it was one of the most natural and sweet ones to ever exist on Glee. I’m sad for their fans. Brittany has always been crazy about Santana and then to ignore that to pair her with Sam who has selective amnesia is a really bad choice on the writers part.

I miss Fabrevans :( but if I can’t have them I definitely don’t want Bram. I think they could have both grown and learnt from eachother as single friends but Glee doesn’t seem to understand that concept of friends.

I love Brittany and I know she’s ditzy but eating Cheerios off the floor was way too far for me and Sam is NOT as stupid as they’re making him out to be. They’re both becoming one dimensional for the sake of this pairing.

Jamie

Posted at 10:10 AM on December 10, 2012

What happened to Sam and MERCEDES? Sam’s only storyline last season was chasing after mercedes even tho she had a bf. They also cried and sang songs to each other. But why is it that their relationship was never mentioned again even tho Mercedes was in Lima for a few episodes this season? What about Santana and Brittany? Why did they break up? That “distance” thing wasn’t a good reason to break up with someone. (also she was in lima for 3 episodes after 4×04) Breaking up is not always a mature thing to do, sometimes trying to work things out is. 3 episodes ago, it was clear that the girls are pretty much still inlove with each other but how come Brittany was already talking about “love” with Sam last week? (btw, way to ruin the gay mantra, Love is love) Not to mention Brittany going all toddler like again, eating food off a dirty school hallway and mocking her fans (FYI is made up of different gender and sexualities) Sam and Brittany is getting all the screen time & songs Brittana never had which shows Glee’s not so subtle double standards. Breaking up two interracial couples, one of which a same-sex couple to bring together the two whitest of white blondes with about as much comparable chemistry as a tablespoon IS NOT JUST a bad creative decision, it’s just a lazy and it’s offensive to those who have stuck with this show and wanted to see a pay-off with both couples.

Love

Posted at 11:45 PM on December 22, 2012

God bless your comment

bhrrs

Posted at 8:12 PM on December 29, 2012

Whoever you are, I’m in love. All of that ^^^^ dying, in love. Bless you.

Ann Mack

Posted at 11:50 AM on February 10, 2013

Applaud your insight. Seems to make it as a couple you have to be either white and blond or gay males. What has happened to GLEE. Those who are all about I can’t even give them a ship name because they are so underserving of one Brirttany and Sam only think so because of what the fool who wrote the article said “they are blond & hot” that is about as racist and dumb a thing I have ever heard. There was so many stories GLEE could have gotten from both interracial sides of this coin. The black female dating the white male (which is more common than GLEE is aware of; what world are they living in?) and the struggles of the latino and her white girlfriend. GLEE blew both story lines to play it safe and stick with pandering to their fans (which apparently they think are all straight blonde heterosexual viewers, eh, WRONG). Well any how GLEE has been on a whirlwind downward spirial pretty much since episode 1. Now reaching out to insult fans, avoid any story continuity as usual, and force a couple that lets just admit it is horrible together and being “blonde and hot” sends the wrong message actually it should be this type of stereotypical couple that GLEE should rage against instead of trying to tell the fans the opposite. Not sure what is with GLEE this season but I do know that they need to right their wrongs quickly. I do believe most fans tune in now just to see how much worst it can get, because all logic and story lines of empowerment, inclusiveness, diversity and acceptance are gone.

Alice

Posted at 2:50 PM on December 9, 2012

It’s interesting how many of the relationships on “Glee” infuriate the fans. I am not a huge fan of Brittany, but I did find some of her moments with Sam sweet. Though I do admit that I cringed when she started eating the cereal off of the ground. Just because Sam and Brittany are now together doesn’t mean that it’s forever. A coworker at DISH pointed out that if a couple on this show is meant to be, they will end up with each other before it’s all over. So I am content to just see how it all turns out, for better or worse. With my busy schedule, I am glad that I haven’t fallen behind this season with my DISH Hopper. The PrimeTime Anytime function automatically records the four major networks during primetime. It then stores the episodes for eight days after they air, giving me plenty of time to catch up. I love being able to come home and experience everything I missed. Both Brittany and Sam have had many relationships since this show started, so it seems silly to dwell on this one. I’m sure it won’t last long, if they are really meant to be with someone else, they will.

Yasei

Posted at 12:35 PM on December 9, 2012

Well, even if I knows Brittany is innocent enough to eat from the floor i WOULD NOT make her! Is unhealthy and unhygienic and ,again, is like she were an animal, WOW how much he loves her to treat her like that… again, im totally agree with Michael (3 coments below) is cute but is not a good thing. Also destroy plots and storylines that were before What happened to Mercedes?What happend to their love? Oh nothing, they never talk about it as other couples oh..but ¿who cares right?

Lola

Posted at 11:50 AM on December 9, 2012

I love the idea of bram

Zacharia

Posted at 5:45 AM on December 9, 2012

I like chris to be together again with rihanna and i think they love each other

Michael

Posted at 4:51 AM on December 9, 2012

Honestly this is a contrived pairing. It’s also cute to watch a drunken kitten, it’s fluffy and cuddly and uncoordinated, but it doesn’t make it a good thing. Making a girl eat food off of the floor is not adorable, Heather Morris’ acting in the scene was adorable, and they played some cutesy music, that doesn’t change that the plot in itself was nothing but degrading.

Mercedes to me was the strongest female character in this show, it would have been Quinn but the 40 different personalities they have forced upon her from episode to episode makes it impossible to relate to her as a character.

Sam and Mercedes’ entire arc in season 3 was each other, they had several duets and serenaded each other over and over again, they were crying about being unable to be together, they shared their faith, and sounded great together on ‘human nature’. And now all of a sudden Sam has always felt something for Brittany?

I don’t necessarily think the writers are racist or lesbophobic for forgetting about Samcedes or shoving Brittana in the background last season, but I do feel that they are ignorant. Which was sadly also the feeling I got about the author of this article, and I think it’s a real shame that Mr. Rogers cannot even see the stereotypes he is applauding.

Lisa

Posted at 3:37 AM on December 9, 2012

Oh and…

”Brittany and Sam look adorable together (both blonde, fit and hot)”
^^

Wow. Not the recipe for a deep and interesting pairing, by the way.

Cido16

Posted at 8:27 AM on December 28, 2012

Finally! Somebody understand me!

Lisa

Posted at 3:34 AM on December 9, 2012

I’m not a Brittana fan. I’m a fan of Sam Evans and i don’t like it one bit.
Sam wasn’t always very bright, but he became dumber this year to for that storyline.
Not only that but that whole ”Santana made fun of me because I alwasy had feelings for you” was a total retcon.
He was interested in Quinn and dated her and spent the his whole time in season 3 pursuing and crying over Mercedes. In fact what happened to that Samcedes storyline? It was dropped with no explanations. Like his dyslexia.

Alright.really?

Posted at 3:13 AM on December 9, 2012

Who r these writers, of the show and this article? I dont watch glee ne more bc it got so rediculious! But i see its only gotten worse! After reading this article i feel bad for the fans! This show is treating you with anything but the respect you deserve! U pad their pockets and they come back at u with nothin but bad story lines and disrespect! I hope all u fans soon get the respect from this show u should. But after 3 seasons of the same misogynist and crappy storylines i find it hard to beleive that will ever happen? Cereal on the ground really bc when i watched s2 i know brittany didnt even wanna comb her hair with a comb off the ground. Now she is eating food off the ground and its supposed to be cute… Really its gross! I would of followed the cheerios and then when i found he had milk at the end for me i would of poured it over his head and walked out! Damn glee all time low in all aspects. Plus where is santana? She would never never never do that to brittany! Ne ways ive wasted enough time in this show im out!

Littleone63 (@little_one63)

Posted at 11:58 PM on December 8, 2012

yes I guess I have more to say. Why does every woman on GLEE have to be defined by a man. First they make Brittany and Sam so dumb that they need a map to get to an auditorium that they have practiced in for the last 3-4s years. They are incapable of spelling simple words. Sam has been made a dumb revolving door that is always the rebound or rejected guy. Brittany has become the dependent dumb clingy girl who cannot think for herself. This attempt at showing his love for her is to treat her like a dog and have her eat off a dirty floor and you find it adorable. When he was with Mercedes he acted and treated her with respect. But comments like yours above fed into the hate of that couple because people like you could not accept that a white boy might be attracted to a curvy black girl. But now he is with a white, blonde, hot, fit girl all is right in the world. Its racist comments like this and fear of losing viewers that GLEE has become the thing it once fought against. Racism, bigotry, ignorance and bullying. Now like you GLEE has no objections for being just as mean as the people they once said made life hard for those who were different. This has been a disappointing season in so many ways. But to add further injury to insult they let Brittany make racist comments comparing Mercedes to Unique as to say we all look alike and to make those comments to the guy Mercedes once dated without him saying anything in her defense and then turning around saying he always had a thing for Brittany and dating the one girl (Mercedes) that was suppose to be the love he would fight for in all of S3. To not even mention them and to pair these two is an insult and slap in the face to all Mercedes, Santana, SamCedes and Brittana fans. I hope whatever person falls in love with you gets more than dirty cereal off the floor as an expression of how much you care for them. Oh yeah and a wedding proposal and marriage after one kiss, who the heck are the GLEE writers these days.

lola

Posted at 11:48 PM on December 8, 2012

hey leslie just a shout out to you it dosent matter if somebodt is lezzbian or gay nobody should judge pepole by who they are or who they want to be and being gay or lezzbian is still natrual

sinwagons

Posted at 11:43 PM on December 8, 2012

What really gets me, besides the infuriating double standards, is the fact that they put together a useless crackship that nobody has even considered caring about since that one blip in season 2 (and still nobody cares about), and threw a pot-shot at one of the largest fandoms by generalizing them into one sexual orientation and implying that they’re violent manhating heterophobes. Really, Glee? Really?