Catelynn Lowell & Tyler Baltierra Save Lives, Say Baby Carly’s Parents

Sun, October 28, 2012 12:11pm EDT by 9 Comments
Catelynn Tyler Carly Adoptive Parents
FameFlynet, Courtesy of Facebook

Three years after the ‘Teen Mom’ stars placed daughter Carly up for adoption, she graced the cover of ‘LifeLines’ magazine with her parents Brandon and Teresa! Find out what they said about having their adoption play out in the spotlight.

Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra‘s emotional and selfless decision in 2009 to place their daughter Carly up for adoption to new parents Brandon and Teresa Davis was documented on MTV’s 16 & Pregnant, and their journey as birthparents in an open adoption continued through all four seasons of Teen Mom.

Before Catelynn and Tyler were even selected to be on MTV documentary series, they had already chosen Brandon and Teresa to be their baby’s adoptive parents.

So when Teen Mom became a huge success, Brandon and Theresa — and Carly’s open adoption — were thrown into the spotlight.

“In retrospect, we are glad that they were part of the show,” Brandon told LifeLines magazine, which is created by Bethany Christian Services, a non-profit adoption agency.

He and wife Teresa, along with Carly and baby boy Graham, whom they adopted in May, were featured on the magazine’s fall 2012 cover.

“Catelynn and Tyler have told their story, and it has changed lives,” he said. “We hope and pray that it has saved lives too. We are thankful that Catelynn and Tyler were a part of the show and that we are a small part, even if it saves one life.”

“It has been very hard that our adoption has been very public,” Teresa added. “We watch what our birthparents are going through on TV. It’s something I would expect birthparents to go through while dealing with their grief and loss, but it’s still hard to see and process it.”

That’s so sweet of them to say! And we agree — Catelynn and Tyler’s story is important, and we’re glad they have been able to share it with millions of viewers!

By the way, doesn’t Carly just look adorable on the cover? She is the spitting image of Catelynn — too cute!

What do YOU think of what Brandon and Teresa said HollyMoms?

– Christina Stiehl

More Catelynn & Tyler news:

1. ‘Teen Mom Farewell’: Catelynn & Tyler Desperately Want Carly At Wedding
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Catelynn Lowell’s Dad Confirms She Is Filming A Spin-Off
  3. ‘Teen Mom’ Tyler Baltierra: I ‘Regret’ Putting Carly Up For Adoption

Rhea Gallagher

Posted at 10:33 PM on February 11, 2013

I think that Catelynn and Tyler would have been brillant parents but giving Carly up for adoption was selfless and a wondering thing to do but if they go on to have another baby how do they think Carly would feel that they kept one baby but gave Carly up, if they didn’t think they were ready to have a child then they should have used protection not to get pregnant in the first place. Im not taking anything away from Brandon and Teresea as they are good parents.

Thats if Brandon and Teresea are their real names and if they even kept Carly as her name and not changed it because the don’t get to know really anything about them like their second name or their address they only know what state they stay in can’t even be trusted with anything but its ok for them to have their daughter but Catelynn and Tyler can’t get information of them. Dawn their adoption councilor is pushy when Catelynn had Carly she was trying to move things along and get them to hand over the baby but they can’t get a chance to say goodbye to their daughter… I think that they were expollied by the Bethany Christian Services as I reckon that they never wanted to give up baby Carly they were pushed into meeting Brandon and Teresea and before they know it it was no late for them to back out…

Tracey

Posted at 10:29 AM on October 29, 2012

I would never adopt like its my baby but if thats what they wanted…carly looks like tyler and a mini catelynne

angelina

Posted at 9:17 AM on October 29, 2012

all look cute in that pic

sherri lewis

Posted at 7:19 PM on October 28, 2012

I have watched and fallen in LOVE with Catelynn andTyler over the past 4 years. I never took into consideration that it would be emotionally difficult for Brandon and Theresa to watch them deal with the loss of bab Carly. It as an eye opener to read her comments. My mother is an adoptee, and she feels very negative about being adopted, so my whole life adoption was a swear word! Watching Catelynn and Tyler has shown me it is NOT a hateful act, but actually the oposite! Placing a baby takes FAR MORE LOVE than the selfishness of keeping a life that doenst have a chance at life at all. Catelynn and Tyler, thank you for shareing your life with me, I truley love you both as if I know you! Brandon and Theresa, thank you for showing me your point of view, and allowing me to share this adventure! My life is for ever changed and filled with respect, understanding and LOVE, and adoption is no longer the unspoken secret in my home.

Barbara thavis

Posted at 1:06 PM on October 29, 2012

Carly was going to live regardless if she was adopted. What life is saved from adoption? Instead lives are ripped apart. Catelynn and Tyler would have been exceptional parents to their little girl. They wee exploited by Bethany Christian Services to relinquish. Bethany makes money on each infant they place. Your mother didn’t like being adopted, Carly won’t like being adopted, and neither would you. Babies want their mothers and miss them terribly. adoption is barbaric and should only happen when the parents are unfit.

Danielle

Posted at 11:09 PM on October 30, 2012

If you watch the show, Catelynn and Tyler both admitted that they couldn’t take care of her at the time she was born which is being seen as “unfit”. They realized they couldn’t provide the care Carly needed so how is adoption barbaric? Also if they hadn’t chose to put Carly up for adoption they may have tried to abort it, ergo saving a life…

Kui

Posted at 2:54 PM on November 28, 2012

As a first cousin to my two younger adopted cousins who are 19 and 11 now, you’re statements is far from being accurate. They love their life that my Uncle and Aunty have provided them with, and while they both know of their birth families, including siblings, cousins, and parents, they continue to know and respect the fact that they were given a much better life than the would have been able to have. There always more than one wAy to look at things, maybe Bethany received money for placing babies into loving homes, money isn’t the only reward in doing so.
I do agree with you however, catelynn and Tyler will be fantastic parents one day.
They did themselves state that they were not in a good position to raise a child when they gifted Carlie to Teresa and Brandon. They haven’t lost her either, they still get to see her and see how’s she growing. As a mother myself, I can’t imagine the love required to give your baby up for adoption. They did the most selfless act for the well being of their daughter.

bapp nak

Posted at 7:14 PM on October 28, 2012

Nice of them two parent

RL

Posted at 2:34 PM on January 22, 2013

I will never put them down for adopting because what they did was wonderful, but it disgusts me that they are for not letting a woman have the right to choose. Adoption isnt murder, so no lives are being saved. Like she said, Carly would survive regardless. Abortion is legal, anyone who calls it murder is ignorant and controlling and should mind their own business.