Leah Messer — Is The ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star Too Young For Another Baby?

Thu, October 25, 2012 2:21pm EDT by 65 Comments
SplashNews

Leah announced that she is pregnant with her third child on Oct. 23. At 20-years-old, Leah is in her second marriage, raising twins and expecting a third baby in the winter. Is she too young for this much responsibility?

Leah Calvert  (maiden name Messer) and husband Jeremy Calvert will soon be welcoming a bouncing bundle of joy into their lives, and while a new baby is always an exciting and joyous occasion, the Teen Mom 2 star has already got a lot on her plate for someone so young. Will Leah be able to cope with this much responsibility?

Leah is already a mom to two-year-old twins Ali and Aleeah, whom she had with her ex-husband, Corey Simms. Leah and Corey divorced in April 2011, and she married Jeremy a year later. Leah suffered a devastating miscarriage at the beginning of this year, which was followed by the death of her grandmother in March, weeks before her second wedding.

In the space of a few short months, Leah has experienced much more than many other girls her age, including any of her former 16 and Pregnant co-stars.

It is fair to say that Leah has had a tough year. Perhaps a new baby is exactly what she needs to get over all her pain. But realistically, Leah is under a lot of pressure, and a new baby will not help her situation. Furthermore, Leah’s daughter Ali suffered with developmental problems after she was born – how will Leah cope if something similar happens with her new baby?

What is perhaps most shocking of all is that Leah was purposefully trying to get pregnant. These problems would be a lot for a woman twice Leah’s age to cope with, so it is fair to ask — will Leah be able to manage?

Dr. Carole Lieberman, M.D., says that “Leah is out of control. Having three babies with two men by the time she is 20 shows a complete lack of responsibility. It’s clear that Leah cannot be a mom to three children when she hasn’t grown up yet herself.”

Dr. Susan Abbott, an adolescent psychiatrist, believes that “if she is emotionally stable, she may be able to make it work.” However, Dr. Abbott insists that “Leah is not a role model for other young girls.”

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Is Leah too young to have another baby?

– Eleanore Hutch

More Leah Messer News:

1. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star Leah Messer Pregnant With Third Child
  2. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star Leah Messer Is Trying To Get Pregnant Again
  3. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star Leah Messer Marries Jeremy Calvert

AztecAbe

Posted at 2:06 PM on December 14, 2012

By the way that last comment credited to SztecAbe happens to be me AztecAbe, guess I had Leah so deep in my thoughts that I slipped on the spelling. Peace out.

MommaB

Posted at 9:01 PM on December 5, 2012

I believe that she is to young to have all this on her sholders. But she is a big girl and can make her own decisions. I just hope that it works out this time. Young people these days try to grow up so fast these days. I was guilty of it as well. I wanted my fairytale. But I married at age 20 and had my son on my 21st birthday. I also graduated early and went to college and had a career going before all of this, also. But as I said I wish her the best. Getting married at a young age has its own set of problems to overcome. And babies dont make it better. Also, her cheating doesnt make her seem that trust-worthy to be in a realationship with…

Google Wonderwheel

Posted at 11:37 AM on December 2, 2012

For as long as she is responsible enough to handle such big responsibility, I think she can do it. I won’t lose hope on her even at a young age.

AztecAbe

Posted at 2:29 AM on November 28, 2012

And by the way I’ve been free of manipulative women for a very long time now, ever since I took my time in evaluating the personality and background of the fine young ladies I’ve been hanging out with. In all honesty my dream girl happens to be Sara Jean Underwood. To sum up on all I’ve said about Leah, well I for one cannot cast a stone at her so I hope as GOD be my witness that all works out for the best for Leah and her babies.

AztecAbe28

Posted at 9:16 PM on November 27, 2012

I believe this young lady can make it, wasn’t long ago in the past when my aunts & uncles were having children at a very young age. Ive got 3 beautiful children and they eventually began to look out for each other along with their mom and myself. We Mexicans can never be lonely because there’s so many of us in the family, brothers, sisters & cousins.I know young Leah can make it, she isn’t one to break down. I’m fed up with all these negative vibes from amateur behavioral counselors. Let babydoll Leah do her thing, live her life, she’s been through some heartbreaking times & it’s now her time to live life & enjoy herself with her babies. Be positive & pray for her and her babies well being.GOD bless you Leah.

Sammi

Posted at 8:58 AM on November 24, 2012

she is not to young honestly i think any the time u turn eighteen u should be able to do what u please shes her on person i dont think anyone should judge her till u acually meet her so those who got something to say about her meet her and know her story !!… im tired of yall bullies being mean to people when u dnt know what theyve been though …!!

leilicious

Posted at 7:42 PM on November 13, 2012

I really don’t agree with her having 3 kids with 2 different fathers and being married twice but she is a good mom and it’s her life and if that’s what she wants then we shouldn’t judge her and I say good luck and congrats.

Sammi

Posted at 8:59 AM on November 24, 2012

leanne

Posted at 9:31 AM on November 10, 2012

i think she is to young she has two kids already and been married twice and shw is 20yrs old…

Julia Jessica

Posted at 6:58 PM on November 7, 2012

Way too young, I agree hick and heat couldn’t have said it better myself

britney holmes

Posted at 11:53 PM on November 6, 2012

Awwww…shes and good mom and all i just think shes to young …

leigh

Posted at 11:41 AM on November 4, 2012

yes, i do think that leah is way to young to be married twice with twins and another baby.

reva

Posted at 1:28 PM on November 6, 2012

no she no,t.
i love her .
she the best one on the show.
she the best mom to her kids live her alone she is do her best she as gothure a lot with the kid and her ex

Kris

Posted at 6:17 PM on October 27, 2012

There are PLENTY of girls who are her age of who have way more kids by the time they are 20! She’s just spot lighted b/c she’s a “celeb”.

Mia003

Posted at 9:57 PM on October 27, 2012

So because plenty of girls do it means it’s OK?

Carly

Posted at 5:52 PM on October 27, 2012

Yes it is her life but seriously. Do you all expect people NOT to judge when she is the one who puts her business out there like that? Get real! I’m sure we can all agree that she is not ready for a third child. I mean why is she in such a rush? She gets pregnant after a MONTH with Corey, cheats on him, marries him, cheats again, gets divorced, and finds Jeremy after how long of being single? And then gets pregnant AGAIN? Then marries him and is now giving birth. That doesn’t sound like a headache to any of you? Leah comes across as very sweet but come on people…three kids at age 20? With husband number 2? No matter what you have to say, I AM entitled to my opinion and I WILL state it. She is not totally ready. Disagree? Don’t read my opinion then.

leigh

Posted at 11:44 AM on November 4, 2012

i AGREE

geeyounit

Posted at 9:04 PM on November 13, 2012

not for nothing, she’s a better mom than a lot of people who are way older…

Taunya

Posted at 2:15 AM on November 20, 2012

She’s not a damn celebrity, she’s a freaking hoe who needs to focus on her two daughters she already has. Not to mention, the terrible devastating miscarriage she had in January! Couldn’t be too upsetting to admit you turned right around two months later and TRIED to get pregnant. It’s unfortunate that it worked! Her body is a mess inside from all of these pregnancies. You don’t go from “loving” Corey so much that you just want to give up to getting remarried and being pregnant TWICE in 3 months time. God watch over the twins, they need somebody to!

CHARWIS

Posted at 4:46 PM on October 26, 2012

WHO CARES WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS! SHE IS A HUMAN BEING AND CAN MAKE HER OWN DECISIONS AND OBVIOUSLY THIS IS SOMETHING SHE WANTS SO WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO BE SO GOSH DANG JUDMENTAL JUST BECAUSE SHE IS 20 YEARS OLD! WHO CARES! I KNOW PLENT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE 3 BABIES BY THE TIME THEY ARE 20 SO LETS RETHINK THIS ONE!

Ac

Posted at 4:20 PM on November 2, 2012

Thank you! Someone who actually thinks this is one big mess. This poor girl probably see’s $. I’m sure mtv has offered her a show and if they did its sad. No one at that age is mature enough to be a mom of 3 kids and b on there second marriage. She needs counseling and condoms!

leigh

Posted at 11:49 AM on November 4, 2012

i agree but i dont agree becuase some of it r her chocies and what she has done to corey blows me away

redbird

Posted at 12:38 AM on November 9, 2012

Because she’s stupid!

Nata

Posted at 11:54 AM on October 26, 2012

What mean spirited doctors. Are you Leah’s doctor? Do you know her? THen SHUT UP! It is her life. She takes good care of her children. She knows what she can handle. Leave her alone! This is her decision and hers alone! And who cares if they’re by two different men? She’s not a “Teen Mom” anymore she is an adult and she is married. LEAVE HER ALONE!

Law

Posted at 9:52 PM on October 25, 2012

Bill is insane! And we wonder why bullying is such a problem!? You teach what you preach. I really hope Bill isn’t reproducing!

kris

Posted at 9:51 PM on October 25, 2012

She seems to be able financially but emotional…not to sure. in my opinion i wouldntbut its her life not mine. congrats on your baby

Jenn

Posted at 9:47 PM on October 25, 2012

I am 24 with 2 yr old twins, and i have to say its hard. I thought about having more so i borrowed another kid from a friend and realized that i was right 2 at one time is enough. I love my kids but 2 is crazy let alone adding another baby into the mix i couldn’t imagine it..

madison

Posted at 7:13 PM on October 25, 2012

Take Bill’s comment down, please it is rude and distasteful to say the least

madison

Posted at 7:10 PM on October 25, 2012

In response to Casey and Marie,
This guy, or girl, Bill, is a twisted f**k that gets on lots of articles about Leah and says some really horrible, gross things about her daughter Ali. This person is a sick individual that needs to get some serious help. They go by different names on the different articles but I know its the same person because they all sound like this. I don’t agree with all of Leah’s choices, but I would never bring her children into the mix.
What I don’t understand is why the website allows this garbage to stay up and posted. Thinking Leah is too young for another child, and saying her daughter should be killed and put out of her misery are two different things. This site needs to monitor it’s comments more.

Mia003

Posted at 7:04 PM on October 25, 2012

She is too young to have one kid let alone three! What the F is wrong with some of these girls. They don’t have any sense but if she wants to F her life up I guess it’s her life. She is a B anyway so what do I care. lol

Launy

Posted at 3:42 PM on October 25, 2012

No she isn’t out of control and it is her life as she can please to do whatever she want in her personal life

liz

Posted at 3:28 PM on October 25, 2012

i think is a personal decision to have a baby. as long as their able to care for it finally and have a happy family thats all it matters. many people judge the age but heyy no ones born to know how to take care for a child as long as their there every moment i think its ok to get pregnant.

KC

Posted at 2:58 PM on October 25, 2012

She is MARRIED. If she wants to have another child, that’s her business. It’s not like she’s going out and sleeping around with a bunch of guys.

Will it be tough? Yeah. But I think she’s demonstrated thus far that she is a good mom. She’s tough. She can handle it. There’s nothing wrong with a MARRIED couple wanting a child!

suishousky

Posted at 2:53 PM on October 25, 2012

She should know that another baby won’t strengthen a relationship, and if Jeremy travels a lot (I believe I read this somewhere that he does a lot of work out of town) she’s going to be a single mother again. She needs to slow down and let life live itself.

bob chammy

Posted at 11:30 PM on October 27, 2012

First doctor is right. A Hick in Heat

Casey

Posted at 3:25 PM on October 25, 2012

You are such a cruel adult how dare you say such rude things about a toddler.. Your a complete loser for saying such rude stuff… Someone needs to put u out of ur misery.. LOSER!!!

marie

Posted at 3:41 PM on October 25, 2012

wow, who are you to talk about an innocent CHILD that way? What a freak!!! that is exactly what is wrong with this world, poor excuses for human beings like BILL. that little girl has done absolutely nothing to you to deserve being spoke of in that manner & you should probably consider some mental help if you seriously feel this way about a child that you don’t even know. Maybe you were neglected as a child and thats why you are crying out for attention, whatever the reason, you are SICK!

Brittani

Posted at 11:33 PM on October 25, 2012

Bill,
First off I think you are a worthless P.O.S for a human being. You obviously dont have children otherwise you wouldnt say things like that. I despise people like you who think that they are better then everyone else. All kids are chunky when they are little it stays that way until they are up walking & running around then they slim down. It also depends on their height. I’m offended by what your saying being a mother myself. I have 2 young girls & I’m still in my early twenties. My oldest is about to turn 3 & my youngest is almost 8 months old. They are both extremely healthy, have great appetites, & are happy children. There are alot of kids that are born with birth defects & disabilities & they are grow into amazing adults. Just because Leah’s daughter Alianna is different doesnt mean she still isnt cute or worth loving. You are so judgemental do you make fun of those kids who are unfortunate to get cancer & have to have chemo & radiation therapy constantly to help give them a a chance at living a longer healthier life, or those people who are perapolegics & have to be in wheel chairs the rest of their lives, what about the men & women who have served in our military that have become permanately disabled while fighting for our freedoms & who have seen things that we as civilians cant even imagine? Or the men & women who server as police officers, firefighters, EMT’s, & doctors & nurses who save lives everyday? What if a day came & you got into a car accident or contracted a life threatening illness & you ask for help & they just decide oh well I’m not gonna help this guy or save his life because he is a jerk or because his life isnt as important as my own. These are somethings you should think about before you run your mouth about someone elses child just because they are different. Seriousaly stop bullying this little girl she is an innocent child who cant defend herself & your a pathetic excuse for a human being for picking on a little girl. You obviously are a sick, twisted individual who needs some serious help. Figure out what your problem is & deal with it before you start casting stones. No I dont think Leah should have another child atleast not right now but its her life I jut hope she is ready for what challenges she has waiting for her in the near future.

CHARWIS