90210 Recap: Is Vanessa Finally Out Of Liam’s Life?

Tue, October 16, 2012 12:51am EST by 7 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

Vanessa’s shenanigans came to an abrupt, and very fitting, end this week — but something tells me we haven’t seen the last of her.

The Oct. 15 episode of 90210 was all about damage control: Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) took drastic actions to legitimize her marriage to Max, Dixon (Tristan Wilds) struggled with his new physical limitations, and Liam (Matt Lanter) may have finally found a way to shake Vanessa (Arielle Kebbel) off his back. … Wait, did I say “off his back?” Because I obviously meant “off his balcony.”

Let’s start with that little train wreck of a relationship, shall we? Vanessa used security footage of Liam setting the Offshore fire to blackmail him into staying with her, and it totally worked — until Liam went bananas and “accidentally” pushed her off a balcony. As that bitch’s limp little body rocked carelessly with the tide, all I could think was: “Wow, I bet she wishes she had that on tape.”

Although I have a sneaking suspicion we’ll see Vanessa again — when bodies go missing on The CW, à la One Tree Hill‘s Psycho Derek, they always turn back up — Matt tells me there’s yet another off-balance lady waiting in the wings.

Speaking of off-balance ladies, let’s talk about Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes)! After awkwardly apologizing to Silver (Jessica Stroup) for trying to kill her — Ade’s exact words were “I am so sorry about that, by the way” — she spent the rest of the hour fending off Taylor (Wes Brown), who refuses to take GTFO for an answer. I already have a pretty low opinion of Adrianna, but if she honestly leaves her wheelchair-bound boyfriend for this Vegas creeper, I’m going to go back in time to the third season finale and push her off that cliff myself. (Javier’s ghost be damned!)

I’d also like to take a minute to welcome back Annie’s (Shenae Grimes) inner bitch, which I’ve sorely missed for some time now. It’s my humble opinion that Annie’s dark side also happens to be her better side, so I loved seeing her tell off Riley (Riley Smith) for getting into Dixon’s head. If Riley wasn’t already paralyzed, I’d warn him to stay off the road; we all know what happens when crazy Annie gets behind the wheel!

And then there’s Silver. Devastated that Liam and Navid (Michael Steger Jr.) seemed to have already moved on, she decided to drink her sorrows away. But it was when she tried to hook up with Teddy (Trevor Donovan) that she really hit rock bottom. Seriously, Silver? The gay friend who will soon become the father of your child? I know 90210 is all about rekindling old flames, but that one is definitely extinguished forever.

What did you think of this week’s 90210? Do you hope we’ve seen the last of Vanessa? Should Liam and Silver reunite, or is he better off with Annie? Drop me a comment with your personal review of the episode!

— Andy Swift

More 90210:

1. 90210 Season 5: Matt Lanter Offers ‘Hope’ For A Liam & Annie Reunion
  2. 90210 Scoop: Emily & Jasper Returning For 100th Episode
  3. 90210 Season Premiere Recap: Dixon’s Fate Is Finally Revealed

mgc94520

Posted at 5:52 AM on November 8, 2012

This used to be one of my favorite shows but this season nothing is very interesting and there are no intersting relationships. Max and Naomi zuck !! I like the show better when Annie was a call girl.

Bramdi

Posted at 2:52 AM on October 28, 2012

I think annie and liam belong togethet

Stacy

Posted at 9:35 AM on October 19, 2012

Liam and Annie, Silver sucks in general and her couple with liam makes me vomit

Trish

Posted at 7:01 AM on October 17, 2012

Dixon was used to redeem Adrianna last year. I really started liking her. But, unfortunately the writers are going to mess her up again. I don’t think I’m going to like Ade this year. She’s back to her slutty ways. Poor Dixon. I have a feeling they don’t like him. It’s always the same pattern with him. They always have his girls cheat on him

Zoe

Posted at 1:54 PM on October 17, 2012

Thank you. I thought I was the only one that noticed this. Dixon is Mr. fix it for a character and then to hell with his relationships or storylines. This is a big reason why I don’t believe 1/2 the words that comes out of these characters mouth. There’s nothing to believe in. Especially since we already know 100% what is coming. I have this thing about this show, why do you put Tristan in these stupid storylines, like this semi-truck Jimmy crap if this is the result you were trying to achieve. It’s a joke. And Tristan is so stupid and gullible letting these people do this to his character. They are making a mockery out of his character, and Tristan is acting it out really great but it’s garbage material. I probably will also hate Jessica Lowndes’ character this season but is that really new?

Zoe

Posted at 5:14 AM on October 17, 2012

yeh I’m still with Liam and Silver. He’s more exciting around her. Adrianna is going down the tubes and Andy if you shove her off the cliff make sure this Ade doesn’t return ever again. I’ve never felt literally as sick as I did watching her let me cheat on my bf that’s paralyzed story. And she has no reason unless she plainly doesn’t love him, which is again Dixon and Ivy’s story redone all over again mixed with FNL only this Taylor sucks. Patti Carr and Lara Olsen already showed me what their mindset here is and it’s disgusting.

Casey

Posted at 1:24 PM on October 16, 2012

I hope Vanessa is gone FOREVER!! I think Silver and Navid belong together!! Liam and Annie are PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER!!