New Pics Of Miley Cyrus Raise Cutting Concerns Again, Experts Say

Fri, July 13, 2012 4:50pm EDT by 36 Comments
Miley Cyrus Cutting Herself

aly

Posted at 5:54 PM on November 5, 2012

really so what if miley cuts herself some people think its away to get rid of pain
ITS REALLY DOESNT CONCERN NOW DOES IT

Ness

Posted at 2:22 AM on October 16, 2012

Honestly, they look like dog marks. My dog bites me when we play around and she has sharp teeth, she often leaves me bite marks that look like self-inflicted cuts. I even have scars from her. I don’t know, they could possibly be self-inflicted, but my dog leaves me bite cuts in every which way (she drags her teeth against my skin), and they sometimes even come out in perfect lines.

Jessica

Posted at 3:40 PM on October 14, 2012

Is it really any of our buisness if Miley cuts herself… She must be in emotional pain… NOOOOOOOO(sarcasm). But its her body and she can do what she wants with it… Believe me I know how it feels to be a cutter I’ve done it and it doesn’t feel good. I wouldn’t want the world to find out! STAY OUT OF MILEY’S BUISNESS!!!!!!!

chrissie

Posted at 1:41 AM on September 25, 2012

People who cut do nt cut for attention. I wud know. Ppl cut for many different reasons, nt bcuz u donot cut doesn’t mean u shud go judging ada ppl. Sum ppl sell their bodies, sum drink, sum take pills n sum cut. Yes its nt d best option n cutters dnt cut todie just to ease d pain n feel numb to an extent. U cud b d riches man in d world n still has probs n teenagers face a lot of probs in society esp being a celebrity bcuz ppl expect u to live n behave a certain way as if u dnt ave a life outside of ur celebrity life. If ur nt in a persons shoe, dnt talk.

chrissie

Posted at 1:31 AM on September 25, 2012

I do hope miley aint hurting herself eventhough if dat’s d case I know n understand, if u know wat I mean but there’re other ways to deal with ur issues trust me.

saraMK

Posted at 11:23 PM on August 18, 2012

Self inflicted cuts have a certain distinctive look to them. They are unusually straight and seem to have even pressure distribution across the whole cut. Strictly from this one shot, those definitely look like self inflicted cuts to me, and I say this as both a former long time cutter myself, and a mental health professional who now treats many self injurers.

mickey

Posted at 10:57 PM on July 29, 2012

i used to cut , and im sure that those cut are self inflicted and it wonders me that shes so famous and she knows that shes going to have photopertogefers arround , like cover that up with a band aid or somthing hunny .

Nix

Posted at 4:59 PM on July 14, 2012

The ‘expert’ who says that animals wouldn’t leave scratches that deep or uniform has clearly never worked with any. My sister works in a pet shop and regularly comes home from work with scratches like that which can often last for well over a week, not just a few days. While its possible that they were self-inflicted, personally I’d say it’s more likely from one of the many pets she has.
Oh and for the record, I’m not particularly a fan of hers, and would therefore have no reason to defend her. Just wanted to point out the points about animal scratches

ziggy

Posted at 3:48 PM on July 14, 2012

well ,those scars do look like the scars demi lovato had from cutting but they could be from somthing else, my bunny used to give me scraches llike that but as i learned from demis story, never say never , anything can be going on with anyone

Juniper

Posted at 2:12 AM on July 14, 2012

Pathetic. Not only is she self-mutilating but she’s deliberately baring that arm. See how tightly her sleeve is rolled up? She’s just looking for attention, as usual.

annie

Posted at 2:21 AM on July 14, 2012

its summer, why wouldn’t her sleeves be rolled up?

Ali

Posted at 1:30 AM on July 15, 2012

If she truly has a problem, she is by no means “pathetic”. You do not know her or what she may be dealing withs so do not negatively judge her before you know the whole story. For all you know she is really truly hurting inside. You have no right to judge her and say she is looking for attention. The sleeves look like they were just pushed up (most likely because he was hot..it is July). It has ben proven in may studies that people do not cut for attention, but because it truly makes them feel better. Don’t be so quick to judge.

Missy

Posted at 2:34 AM on July 15, 2012

Don’t you dare ever say somebody who may self harming is doing it for attention. Look, she’s a celebrity and she always has paparazzi following her every move. There’s always pressure on famous people and I can’t even imagine how stressful that can be. Don’t be so quick to judge, especially when the girl clearly may have a lot of stress going on.

Scarlett

Posted at 1:03 PM on August 2, 2012

No. Pathetic? Would you, in an attempt for ‘attention’, take a blade to your own skin and slice it open? I don’t think so. Not to mention, she already gets enough of it. If she wanted extra attention there are many other things she could do which don’t include self harm. You are the pathetic one.
In my opinion, it’s really none of our business whether she is cutting or not. It’s okay to be concerned about her but it’s not fair to jump to conclusions and judge her.
xo

flychick86

Posted at 12:32 AM on July 14, 2012

Wow.

Leslie

Posted at 11:51 PM on July 13, 2012

If she can talk to her mother about sex and contraception, surely she should be able to talk to her about why she’s cutting herself. These look exactly like the marks Demi Lovato had on her arms and her rep said she “absolutely was NOT cutting herself” and finally after going to rehab, Demi admitted she was a cutter.

Miley’s parents need to take her to a doctor for those wounds and let the doctor do the diagnosis. And if she is cutting, they need to get her into therapy.

Fer

Posted at 10:34 PM on July 13, 2012

Stop defending her ,
Its obously that she huts herself and dont come and teld me that it is a tatoo or something else, please dont be stupid and she cuts herself

Ac

Posted at 10:10 PM on July 13, 2012

Dogs wouldn’t scratch on the same place every time!
I know her fans love her, and that’s why you should be supporting her, not trying to deny the fact

Actually, when I saw the pics of her new tattoo I all could at was the scar that was showing, I was surprised nobody noticed that in that picture too!

jenn

Posted at 8:03 PM on July 13, 2012

miley’s fans need to stop making up excuses for miley. i have dogs too and they dont scratch me in the wrist. miley been having cuts on her wrist for couple of months now and im sure it isnt a dog. she has a real problem and she needs to get help now before she puts herself in more danger.

Nadine

Posted at 9:43 PM on July 13, 2012

Those are NOT dog scratches!
The way those are….
I am very close friends with someone that use to cut herself, and even she is over my shoulder saying those are self inflicted.
I hope she seeks help.

Missouri Doll

Posted at 9:44 PM on July 13, 2012

Dogs? Really people?
Liam is too good for her!!
She needs help. Maybe they should wait until she gets some help before they marry.

CMO

Posted at 7:33 PM on July 13, 2012

she has 5 dogs remember? i have dogs too and they accidentally scratch me all of the time. Hollywood life needs to stop making up stories!!! every time i read a story that is completely false i can just predict that Hollywood life is the author of the story. that’s how bad your news website is!!!!!

G

Posted at 7:27 PM on July 13, 2012

Here’s a though maybe she was scratched by a tattoo artist. Or maybe she’s just clumsy. She did admit to aciddentally cutting her finger before

UK

Posted at 6:38 PM on July 13, 2012

okay lets not everyone jump to conclusions I mean she does live with 5 dogs and it’s not just cats that scratch besides all the cuts seem to fade really quickly which means that her skin wasn’t cut that deeply
If she was a cutter there would be lots of scars and they wouldn’t have faded at least not all of them, these just look like long scratches that are fading

OUSS

Posted at 6:25 PM on July 13, 2012

this is just stupid !! just stop it already !

Taylor

Posted at 6:24 PM on July 13, 2012

I would just like to say, that when a dog scratches me, it looks exactly like that. And my friend got scratched by her Gecko (or Iguana, I can’t remember) and the scratches also look exactly like that.

LOL

Posted at 6:11 PM on July 13, 2012

after what all of you guys are saying about her and you don’t want her to cut herself

Ac

Posted at 6:05 PM on July 13, 2012

I’ve been seing for moths now people telling that she isn’t cutting, come on people.
Those are self-harm scars for sure….
I understand what she is going through :/

Aya

Posted at 5:18 PM on July 13, 2012

leeeeeave miley alone

thecat61

Posted at 5:11 PM on July 13, 2012

The only one who needs an intervention is your experts. Leave this girl alone.

Alessandra

Posted at 4:54 PM on July 13, 2012

is everyone stupid? its a tattoo. i can even make out the words.

HL READER

Posted at 5:21 PM on July 13, 2012

are YOU stupid AND BLIND ???? LMAO !! we all know theres a tattoo there but nexxttt tooo the tattoo there are scars …. foool !