'Desperate Housewives' Series Finale Was Way Too Depressing

Mon, May 14, 2012 2:40pm EST by 36 Comments
Desperate Housewives Finale

kingfish

Posted at 4:04 PM on May 22, 2012

I wonder that myself. In other words they can make it like Star Trek, where later down the road they have a new Desperate Housewives about a new generation on Wisteria Lane, and Jennifer (the woman who bought Susan’s house) could be the link between the two shows, and well as fill the role of either the new Susan or the new Lynette.

Jhumi

Posted at 4:46 AM on May 22, 2012

The end of DHW was bit sad. The friends should have stayed together or maybe Marc Cherry plans a comeback by bring the friends together. But who knows? It would have been more fun if it ended the way it started four friends watching a new neighbor move in…

tina

Posted at 2:43 PM on May 18, 2012

Mike s death is realistic. The girls leaving wisteria lane is realistic.but I think it s weird that friends that had been so close for so long aren t present in moments impotrant in their new life (like when bree is elected or when gaby got her own shopping business). I think the producers should have show the girls in each other new life

Ray

Posted at 10:45 AM on May 18, 2012

Mary Alice and Paul took in the baby after the junkie sold him to them. His name was Dana at the time. The couple called him Zack. When the junkie mom cleaned up, she came back for the child. An argument ensued and Mary Alice ended up stabbing the mother and killing her. They buried her under the new pool. When Martha found out, she did blackmail Mary Alice. For some reason, Mary Alice thought it would be better to kill herself than to let her secret out.

deb vessell

Posted at 12:51 PM on May 17, 2012

Couldnt figure out how they could possibly end this great show. They did a excellent job with the story line only one thing I figured the baby would be named for Karen as they died and aRRIVED AT THE SAME TIME. Will really miss DH. Didnt watch the first five years. then saw a rerun and how well it was done. rented the entire first five years while filming the new stuff. had a marathon with my husband and took a month of all weekend watching but caught up and enjoyed all of the show. great actors great directors great producers. thanks for all the fun and tears.

Jessie

Posted at 10:19 AM on May 16, 2012

Desperate Housewives ended in true DH style, with secrets! I absolutely love that. I wasn’t all that thrilled that the women moved all over the country just because they’re such good friends and have been through so much, but I do believe it is realistic (but why did they have to start being realistic NOW, at the end?!) Towards the end there I was starting to feel like it was a litle unrealistic to think they all stayed on that same street for so long.

The two main things for me were 1.) that Tom and Lynnette got back together. I would have been a very unhappy fan if the writers let them get divorced and not reunite. Just like Gaby and Carlos, that’s Tom and Lynnette! And 2.) the way they ended with the new girl’s deep dark secret. I absolutely LOVE that!! That is SOO Desperate Housewives. And It kind of makes me imagine the other girls getting to know her before they all move on and getting roped into a whole bunch of other drama.

LOVE!!!! I will miss those women!!

Jessie

Posted at 10:14 AM on May 16, 2012

Mary Alice killed herself because Zack Young (her son) wasn’t really hers, it was Mike’s and Mike’s gf at the time who was a druggie, so Mary Alice and Paul took him and went on the lam and they ended up killing someone because of it and Ms. Huber found out and black mailed Mary Alce so Mary Alice shot herself. I beleive this was season 1, 2 or 3?

rosalma

Posted at 9:51 PM on May 15, 2012

Mary youngkilled herself because of guilt a junkie she helped gave her, her baby and then wanted him back she killed her and martha hoover found out and started sending her threatning notes so she killed herself

uabi

Posted at 8:29 PM on May 15, 2012

Fine, fine… all the tricks in the book (marriage, death, court) but the biggest mystery of them all was never revealed: WHY DID MARY YOUNG KILL HERSELF? they hinted it was something she did at some point, but that was the end of it. The end was just predictable. They forgot to give this closure.

Daniella

Posted at 8:48 PM on May 15, 2012

I have been watching the show since season one and i remember she killed herself because of gilt. She basically stole a baby but i do not remember it entirely.

promovare site,promovare,seo,optimizare SEO,motoare de cautare,anunturi online,trafic site,promovare web,promovare firme

Posted at 4:22 PM on May 15, 2012

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to mention that I’ve truly loved surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing for your rss feed and I’m hoping you write once more soon!

Hermeneut

Posted at 3:06 PM on May 15, 2012

The show should have ended with all four women blowing their brains out like Mary Alice. After all, the name of the show is “Desperate Housewives.”

Tiffany

Posted at 1:23 PM on May 15, 2012

I enjoyed the series finale. There were some situations that were just brushed under the rug. I wanted to see Susan and her family settle down after moving. And I also wanted to see more “little” details of the children grown. If Gabby & Carlos moved to California (arguing in a jacuzzi) I at least wanted a quick shot of their two girls grown.

BUT in the end, this is a series finale. “IF” they were to make a spin off, I’d want to see Lynette & Tom in New York. Since the beginning of the Desperate Housewives Series I always loved the Scavo’s. They seemed more real and relate-able.

Lynn

Posted at 10:36 AM on May 15, 2012

Why did it end the way it did – with Jennifer and the “box”. Are they going to do a new series with different families on Wisteria Lane>?

Daniella

Posted at 8:51 PM on May 15, 2012

I know!! That is what is bothering me the most! I really hope they do something with that because i am so upset that it is over.

Linda

Posted at 11:57 PM on May 14, 2012

I will miss this show. I liked the ending except for a few things. I wanted the women to always stay in touch and miss each other. I was happy that they all found love and jobs they enjoyed…although it would’ve been more real if things were not perfect…but this is t.v. fantasy…who couldn’t use some fantasy? I think they could’ve shown the women get together even if only once in a blue moon and that they talked on the phone and wrote letters. With all the ways we have now to contact each other it is hard to believe they would lose touch. I know I have lost touch with some friends from my past…but I also have kept the Close once close. Again, I will miss this show.

cdleysfree

Posted at 9:13 PM on May 14, 2012

Wonderful items from you, man. I have take into account your stuff prior to and you’re just extremely great. I actually like what you’ve got here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which by which you are saying it. You are making it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

cerrajero

Posted at 8:15 PM on May 14, 2012

Thank you, I have just been looking for info approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the best I have came upon till now. However, what about the conclusion? Are you positive concerning the source?|What i don’t realize is actually how you are not actually much more well-liked than you might be right now. You’re very intelligent.

Olivia

Posted at 7:46 PM on May 14, 2012

Does anyone know where Susan moved to? What state?

IGOR

Posted at 7:36 PM on May 14, 2012

To me, it did not feel like they were parting ways but more like they started new lives of their own while still being in touch. I just find it impossible to imagine that they would never see each other again. Since they seemed to all have very busy schedules, it is most probable that the four of them would have a hard time getting together at the same time again, that’s plausible but not stopping to see each other. After all, Lynette and Susan do share a grandchild and after all the things they went through together, their strong relationships, this indestructible loyalty they felt towards each other, that just cannot go to waste, it would not make the slightest sense.

Olivia

Posted at 7:42 PM on May 14, 2012

Well, I hope to see a reunion show where these 4 loyal women get together again. I can’t imagine Bree would rather be friends with the “conservative women’s group” then the ones she lived with on Wisteria Lane. I really would love to see this show come back as if it never ended. Ya know, like a bad dream.

Carra

Posted at 7:11 PM on May 14, 2012

I was so sad to see the show end the way it did. How do four strong friends for so many years just leave as if they were never friends at all? My God! It’s as though they all became rich and powerful (except for Susan) and are now too good for each other. I wish the writer had a warmer ending. Actually, I wish it didn’t end at all. And Bree, going back to be a “conservative woman,” just like she was when the show started. Ultimately, she stayed on the Lane the longest when the others left. What happend to all the children? Susan and Lynette share a grand-child. I realize this was a television show, but we were all wrapped up in it for 8 years and I feel like I would feel if my best friend(s) left me. Maybe there will be a reunion. As far as that new homeowner and her secret box; well she moved to Wisteria Lane, didn’t she? What state was Wisteria Lane supposed to be in anyway? And, the girls, even though so far apart, can skype or show them meeting in Central Park for a yearly Poker game. It just seemed as if the friendships were forgotten or never were. Just too cold.

Tory

Posted at 10:28 PM on May 16, 2012

Wistera Lane was in the state of chaos.

Chrispy

Posted at 6:48 PM on May 14, 2012

Marc Cherry didn’t end the series without a lot of “help” from ABC. The ratings have sunk like a stone over the past couple of years, and it just became way too expensive with the leads making 300K each per episode.

Also – rewatch the epilogue, because they didn’t say that the women never saw each other again. Instead, they never played poker together again. Of course they saw each other again – Lynette and Susan share a grandchild, as you already pointed out. And I’m sure Bree sent Christmas cards every year. But they never played poker again, most likely because all four were never in the same place at the same time again.

wendymaddy

Posted at 6:23 PM on May 14, 2012

I felt it was trite and contrived. I recognized few of the people dressed in white. it was as if they were all extras or a silent Greek chorus of onlookers. The ghost that was missing and hung over the entire ending episode was nicolette sheridan, who was the reason marc cherry ended the series, not the ratings. it was all about money. nicolette sheridan made that series, and should have had equal billing with all the rest of the women on Wisteria Lane, and a better role, as well. I really enjoyed watching this evening soap opera so well acted by the entire cast. It’s a show that really had legs and could have gone on for many, many more years. I wish Cherry had not skipped it forward five years and I wish he had not ended it, too. So does the entire cast. They had at least five more years on them as attractive adults. This series was golden. Why end a good thing?

Dawn

Posted at 5:42 PM on May 14, 2012

I was a bit confused about the ending myself. I can’t believe they all went there separate ways.
Another thing I was a little confused about was Susan’s new home owner, and the box. Why would they leave you wondering what was in that box if that was the final episode. Maybe there will be a spin-off, but it’s still going to be Wisteria Lane.

urzz

Posted at 5:35 PM on May 14, 2012

i thought it was great! in an ideal tv world, theyd stay on the lane and live happily ever after, but its true, you could go through something so emotionally and physically draining, and still, in your older years drift apart. its what happens in life!!!! get over it! the ending was perfect!

laraine rodriguez

Posted at 2:25 PM on May 17, 2012

i think the magnitude of their crime took it’s toll. they were there for each other when needed. i can see how they would want to put the past behind them. their years of friendship will be cherished by each one, but sometimes it is time to move on. such is life. thanks for the memories!

Maryf

Posted at 5:02 PM on May 14, 2012

These last 2 eps were boring and contrived. So they all split up, never to meet again? Unlikely since Susan & Lynette share a grandchild. Plus, what’s with the “everybody gets rich at the end” scenario. Stupid. I was very disappointed. Would rather have just seen them end the way it began;a bunch of friends happy together. Marc Cherry could have done better.

Tory

Posted at 10:25 PM on May 16, 2012

I totally agree with you. It would of been better to have kept them all living on Wistera Lane and showing all the children grow up.

Shannon

Posted at 3:00 PM on May 14, 2012

The housewives went through so much together, it wouldn’t have hurt the producer to give the fans the heart warming ending that they wanted. Come on, we’ve watched and loved Susan, Gaby, Lynette and Bree’s spectacular friendship for 8 years. Taking that away from us at the last chance is evil in my eyes! I repeat, evil.

Cristina

Posted at 3:18 PM on May 14, 2012

I COMPLETELY AGREE! TOTALLY EVIL!

carrie billingsly

Posted at 12:00 AM on May 15, 2012

I just wrote a long review and this site erased it —-I am bummmed

carrie billingsly

Posted at 12:14 AM on May 15, 2012

ok—I will try and remember what I said——I smiled for the last 10 minutes of the finale of Desperate Housewives. I felt like we were sad enough on and off for 8 years of this show. Just because they all eventually moved off of the Lane—did not mean that they all didn’t keep in touch or skype or etc. Just because that communication was not shown—–does not mean that it did not happen! I personally think that Susan’s last swing around the Lane showed her as dignified—-BUT—-the past characters in white did” creep me out”— especially the ones who performed strange and wierd crimes. Some of them I did not even recognize. And I did like the character Edie Britt played by nicolette Sheridan—too bad about that fall out. I also was thrilled that Lynette and Tom got back together—good writing. They even made Mrs. McClusky have a heart after acting so “batty” season after season. I personally will be waiting in the front row Marc Cherry to welcome a reunion of the Housewives!!!!!!! I miss the show already!!!!!!