Jessica Simpson's Gained 50 lbs — Too Much Say Obstetricians

Tue, March 27, 2012 3:44pm EDT by 88 Comments

Jessica has gained twice as much weight while pregnant as doctors recommend and that can actually put her baby at risk, warns a top doctor. Here’s why!

Jessica Simpson might want to put down that leg of fried chicken because even though it tastes good, it’s bad for her baby girl. HollyBaby.com spoke to two top OBGYN’s who reveal that a pregnant woman should not put on more than 25 pounds and Jessica looks like she’s put on 50!

“Jessica has put on well over 50 lbs,” says Dr. Tara Solomon, owner at The Women’s Wellness Center of South Florida.”She talks about eating cheesecake for breakfast and fried chicken for lunch. She is way too big to be working out, so the weight is piling on.”

But Dr. Solomon says that Jessica’s excessive weight gain could actually hurt her baby and could complicate her pregnancy.

“Her doctors have told her to expect a 10 lb baby,” she says. “The problem with large babies is that they can have respiratory problems and problems maintaining their glucose or sugar levels. I usually try to keep my patients at a 25 lb weight gain maximum in order to prevent a possible traumatic delivery with a large child. A pregnant woman should be eating about 1200 calories a day to keep up with baby’s nutritional needs. She has gone overboard for sure.”

We also spoke to Dr. Patricia Allen, an OBGYN in NYC who says that part of the reason why Jessica could look so large right now is due to water retention.

“Some women retain a great deal of water during the last month of pregnancy which can cause them to certainly not feel or look their best,” Dr. Allen says. “The general recommendations for weight gain in pregnancy are 25-35 pounds. Obstetricians are concerned if there is excess weight gain because it may increase pregnancy related diabetes and pre-eclampsia.”

We just hope that Jessica gives birth to a healthy baby girl and we can’t wait to meet the little one!

— Chloe Melas

More Jessica Simpson:

1. The View Ladies Say Michelle Duggar Must Be Getting Pregnant For Great Orgasms
  2. Jessica Simpson’s Baby Name — Revealed
  3. Daniel Musto’s ‘Fashion Star’ Recap: Nicholas ‘Flubbed’ & Offended Under Pressure

sbobet

Posted at 6:12 PM on January 5, 2014

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account
it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how
could we communicate?

Habibi

Posted at 2:16 AM on November 28, 2013

I was just seeking this information for a while. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this type of informative sites in top of the list. Usually the top websites are full of garbage.

adonis golden ratio review

Posted at 12:46 AM on March 15, 2013

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is valuable and all. But think about if you added some great
photos or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your
content is excellent but with pics and clips, this website could definitely be one of
the very best in its field. Great blog!

Belle

Posted at 3:08 PM on January 30, 2013

The good doctor recommends that a women should consume 1200 while pregnant! What an irresponsible medical “professional.” That should be the minimum amount of calories considered.

Rachel

Posted at 4:10 PM on October 15, 2012

Uh no, you are wrong. Read any health article on pregnancy. 25 lbs is recommended for an OVERWEIGHT woman. 30-35 lbs is recommended for a normal-weight woman. More for an underweight woman.

Kim

Posted at 5:33 PM on January 11, 2013

You are correct! Thank you. I’m glad some people still have functioning brains in their heads. I was underweight when I got pregnant (I have an autoimmune disease that causes rapid weight loss), and my OB recommended that I gain at least 40 lbs, preferably 45.

Anonymous

Posted at 2:15 PM on August 5, 2012

Smelly and loose Jessica Simpson looks like a fat tranny.

kindling

Posted at 9:14 PM on July 7, 2012

I beloved as much as you’ll obtain performed right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you want be delivering the following. in poor health definitely come more before once more since exactly the same just about a lot regularly inside case you shield this hike.

It is not hard to lose weight fast

Posted at 11:12 PM on June 19, 2012

I am glad I found your site. I am just getting started on the Internet. I am retired now. It seems like there are millions of blogs on the Internet today and the more I read the more I want to comment on them. I think that you have to put some attention on a blog to bring it above the dry and boring verbage that is common, and you have definitely accomplished that. I am the proud owner of my own website and blog and i get ideas from blogs such as yours. Thank-you. My email and site are included with this post. I hope you approve that I did this. It seems to be customary so I went ahead with it. TheVeryBest2You 13 7

family healthcare

Posted at 1:53 AM on June 18, 2012

Magnificent put up, very informative. I ponder why the other specialists of this sector don’t understand this. You should continue your writing. I am sure, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!|What’s Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I’m hoping to give a contribution & help different users like its aided me. Great job.

lose weight help

Posted at 11:50 PM on June 17, 2012

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you really recognise what you’re talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also visit my web site =). We could have a hyperlink exchange agreement between us

preventing weight gain

Posted at 11:18 AM on June 13, 2012

I used to be recommended this website by way of my cousin. I’m no longer positive whether this post is written through him as no one else understand such particular approximately my trouble. You are wonderful! Thank you!

Cyan

Posted at 1:26 PM on June 12, 2012

With my 1st pregnancy I gained 65 pounds because I ate everything. After I lost 75 pounds. With my 2nd I gained 50 and this was despite eating healthy 1400 cal a day max and working out. I even had a personal trainer. Some women just gain waight and there is nothing they could do. It’s annoying to see your waight go up and up, but when you feel light headed and faint you to eat. This 25-30 pound roul should not be for everyone. I think it’s radicuase. People need to stop critasizing pregnant women everybody gains waight differently. Besides the body stores fat during pregnacy to prepare for labor and breastfeading. Some store more than others.

auto mieten

Posted at 1:54 AM on June 8, 2012

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem along with your website in internet explorer, would test this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a huge section of other folks will miss your magnificent writing because of this problem.

Anonymous

Posted at 9:12 PM on May 21, 2012

She’s so big that Sea Shepherd is going to need to save her.

weight loss over 40

Posted at 12:45 PM on May 11, 2012

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and come with almost all vital infos. I’d like to see more posts like this .

Registered Dietitian

Posted at 1:44 AM on May 8, 2012

Yes I agree Tina, whichever doc says a pregnant women should be eating 1200 calories per day must have gone to QUACK U!!! This is ridiculous. Yes too much weight gain may pose risk to mom and baby but give her a break people!

Tina

Posted at 4:48 AM on April 26, 2012

1,200 calories for a pregnant woman?!? Even most non-pregnant DIETING women eat more than that. Where did the doc making this recommendation get her medical degree, ‘Quack U’?

Man Boob Exercise

Posted at 1:34 PM on April 25, 2012

Wow, marvelous blog structure! How lengthy have you been running a blog for? you made running a blog look easy. The entire look of your website is wonderful, let alone the content material!

Nikki Larson

Posted at 1:04 AM on April 22, 2012

You know this 25-35 lb standard is an unfair textbook response. I’m 5’2″ and have always been small and healthy. I started at 112 lbs before my pregnancy and I’m now at 160 lbs at 34 weeks. I eat healthy, drink water. I stay away from sodas, coffee, and I don’t over eat. My blood pressure is low and my baby is…guess what? HEALTHY. I’m tired of being made to feel like a failure because I “weigh too much.”

Leave Jessica alone. If you listen to her interview with Leno she mentions that her doctors actually told her the baby is healthy, but that she has retained more water than what’s considered typical. It hasn’t put her or her daughter at risk.

Las Vegas Janitorial

Posted at 2:23 AM on April 15, 2012

Thanks , I’ve recently been looking for info about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I have found out till now. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you certain concerning the supply?|What i don’t realize is actually how you are not actually a lot more neatly-favored than you might be now. You’re very intelligent.

Rose

Posted at 7:09 AM on April 5, 2012

Jessica has been and always will be a full figured woman – do you WANT her to look like a twig?? That is NOT natural for a woman with her curves.

You go Jessica — tell ‘em to screw themselves!

anita

Posted at 11:17 PM on April 4, 2012

Doctors recommend no more than 25———-p#$s on that

Jennifer

Posted at 10:20 PM on April 4, 2012

All this talk is HORRIBLE. I read the article and the comments, and cant believe what im hearing!! You are judging the weight gain of a PREGNANT woman! Celebrity or not, our bodies dont care! Not every celebrity is a naturally skinny person. You are all judging her for gaining too much weight and that its “unhealthy” for the baby.. Do you people know how MANY celebrities/models actually have their babies delivered 4-6 weeks BEFORE due dates to avoid the last months bloat? and thats not “unhealthy” for the baby???? Its peoples/magazines RIDICULOUS comments and articles that make people put their children in danger for fear of being ripped apart in the media. I applaued Jessica for simply living her life and not conforming to this SICK society we live in… You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

nikki

Posted at 5:24 PM on April 10, 2012

we are nt juding her for being pregnancy weight. we are judging her for being unhealthy. ask any medical doctor that will tell gaining over 25 lbs is unhealthy for the BABY. do u get that. its about health not her dam weight. and just bc others have babies delivered early doesnt mean we should look the other way bc js is not doing that. and ive seen naturally big woman who get pregnant and dont gain as much weight as js. js is not the first person to get pregnant so i think these DOCTOR’s know what there talking about when they see weight gain should be limited during pregnancy. and if were talking about media influence, its these same celebs who make u believe that you can pig out when u can get pregnant. no bc u need to eat healthy bc what u eat affects ur baby. just like if u drink ur baby will also be drinking the same way if u unhealthy friend food, ur baby will also be eating unhealthy.

umm...

Posted at 4:48 PM on May 12, 2012

I gained 38 lbs. My son is VERY healthy & weight 7 lb 10 oz. It happens. I ate healthy and stayed away from junk food as much as possible. I drank water instead of anything with caffeine. Telling a pregnant woman she gained too much weight is like telling a muscle builder they gained too much muscle.
it happens. Let pregnancy happen. It’s beautiful even though we all feel like tubs of lard by the end.

Business,news,loose weight,exercise for weight loss,new weight loss,running for weight loss,weight loss after pregnancy,weight loss management,weight loss stories,center for medical weight loss,guaranteed weight loss,calories for weight loss,pcos weight l

Posted at 8:10 PM on April 4, 2012

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue together with your website in web explorer, might check this? IE still is the marketplace leader and a huge section of people will omit your excellent writing because of this problem.