'Gossip Girl' Recap: Dan Kisses Blair, Plus 4 More 'OMG' Moments

Mon, February 13, 2012 10:10pm EDT by 75 Comments
Dan Blair Kiss

Lonely Boy turned not so lonely on Valentine’s Day on the Feb. 13th episode of ‘Gossip Girl” He finally he got the kiss for which he had been longing.

But unfortunately for Chairleaders — like myself–  it wasn’t the dream for which we were hoping. At all.

After returning from her honeymoon with Louis (Hugo Becker), Blair (Leighton Meester) decided to kick off Valentine’s Day by setting up her two best friends — Serena (Blake Lively) and Dan (Penn Badgley).

But after forcing them to be at the same place and the same time, hiring actors and sending them luxurious drinks and desserts, the only person Blair set Dan up with was herself. And obviously S wasn’t too happy about this. After Serena confessed to Dan that she was still in love with him, Blair thought there could still be hope for the two, which is why she went above and beyond to set them up. But once Blair noticed Dan wasn’t having it she asked him flat out “what will make you happy?” And he didn’t hesitate to show her what would make him happy through a KISS.  Georgina (Michelle Trachtenberg), who is now gossip girl, managed to take a pic and Serena followed right behind her, seeing the entire disaster go down.

I honestly can’t BELIEVE Gossip Girl is headed in this DAIRING direction. Blair is not supposed to be with Dan. She is supposed to be with Chuck (Ed Westwick). And that is that.

#1 Chuck hooks up with Dan’s book agent

After Georgina snapped of photo of Blair and Dan’s kiss, she went right to Chuck to show him the evidence. He then rushed to Dan’s book agent to take her up on her promiscuous offer.

#2 Serena defriends Blair

Serena has absolutely had it with Blair. First, Blair tried to reconnect Serena with Dan and then she’s kissing him in Chuck’s room. The once-BFFs are no longer on speaking terms and frankly, I don’t blame Serena. Blair is being a really bad friend.

#3 The REAL Charlie Rhodes finds out about Chivy

Chivy (Kaylee Defer) returned to the UES to speak with Lily (Kelly Rutherford), but instead ended up at a party at the Empire that the REAL Charlie was catering. (Nate (Chace Crawford) set that one up.) Turns out they knew each other from acting school in Florida! Isn’t that crazy that Chivy knew about the real Charlie Rhodes ALL along? I can’t believe it. But now, thanks again to Nate, the real Charlie knows that Chivy was pretending to be her. I wonder what she’ll do next…

#4 Blair’s creepy assistant is in love with Louis

Now that Blair is officially a princess she has an assistant that follows her every move, but apparently she’s there for another reason, too. She’s in love and obsessed with Louis. Gross.

As we know from the preview, Dan and Blair’s kiss wasn’t just a one time affair. I hope Blair snaps out of it soon…

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you still believe there is hope for Chair?

More Gossip Girl news:

1. ‘Gossip Girl’ Spoiler: Chuck & Blair Are ‘Never Over,’ Producers Reveal
  2. Nicole Says: Chuck Bass Go Find Blair Waldorf, YOUR Runaway Bride
  3. New ‘Gossip Girl’ Pics: Blair Waldorf Sleeps With Dan Humphrey In The Airport

sarah

Posted at 3:01 PM on February 14, 2012

Eventually Blair will hit rock bottom and realize how badly she has treated both Chuck and Serena. Plus she will find out that Dan isn’t as great a person as she thinks he is and we will get both our real Blair back and our Chair

Annalino

Posted at 2:55 PM on February 14, 2012

They better not make this dair stupidity last more than a few episodes!What’s wrong with those silly writers?! they really want to destroy their own show pfffff

Tiff

Posted at 2:24 PM on February 14, 2012

Blair is being a really bad friend, I could not agree more. I won’t be watching live until B starts acting like herself again. I still love Chair, but I can’t watch what they are doing to them, and to Serena. I’m out.

Emily

Posted at 1:37 PM on February 14, 2012

Thanks, but no thanks, GG. You don’t care about your characters? Then neither do I.

donna

Posted at 1:09 PM on February 14, 2012

thx nicole. love Chuck and Blair, and always will…but I can’t stand this Blair…so I wasn’t watching till 5×11, it won’t change I guess…GG became so stupid.

marice

Posted at 1:06 PM on February 14, 2012

I’m done with the show. after a season of ignoring blair and serena’s friendship, this is how they choose to destroy them? i don’t see a way back for them and, frankly, i hope Chuck doesn’t take Blair back either.

Sarah

Posted at 1:06 PM on February 14, 2012

Worst episode ever!!!!!!!!. I hate Dair!!!!!!

Courtney

Posted at 1:01 PM on February 14, 2012

Did not like it. The heart of the show is gone. Am I really supposed to believe that Blair would kiss Dan back after trying to get him back with her best friend Serena? Serena was there for Blair on her wedding day saying she is ready to make a run for it if Blair didn’t want to go through with it. Blair knows that Serena loves Dan. Dan totally crapped on Serena right after she declared her love for him. Last night after the kiss and Dan hurriedly rushed past Serena to find Georgina after she took the pic of the kiss just shows how little he cares about Serena. The girl that gave him a chance. He was just a lonely loser boy before her. Dan and Blair are getting too much airtime. I just don’t find it cute. It feels contrived. That’s just me. If you are gonna not do Chuck and Blair the least you could do is show Chuck happy or Serena and Chuck bonding. Something, anything besides the “Blair Show”.

Mari

Posted at 12:58 PM on February 14, 2012

I’m done with gossip girl..here in italy we all ship chair..now they ruine the most beautiful couple of GG ?? what they do to deserve DAIR???????????? please give me CHUCK AND BLAIR…

ALWAYS

iloveleighton

Posted at 12:54 PM on February 14, 2012

There are 3 factors i don’t like this episode…1.)I hate it when Dan kisses Blair and Serena saw that,how could Dair fan cried for jubilant if u hurt someone,especially Serena the so called bff(although blair did that with marcus b4 but it was not the same kinda thing)Serena gone tru a lot in a relationship and she deserves to be happy coz as far as i recalled the connection of her and Dan always brought them back together like Blair and Chuck…remember?2.)Chuck sleeping with the book agent,hello??i thought they said chuck needs those experiences from previous episodes for his maturity,i don’t think it’s wise to sleep with “others” if your lonely or wanted some payback or sleuthing,remember vanessa???or jenny????and lastly i hate is Blair’s so called unfaithfulness with her marriage and her values as a person,i can’t see Blair anymore in the 42 min of the show except her playing a witty cupid,and i find it cute until being cut with feelings from Dan.I think they will also grant the prince respect,even if his the most bad prince in the world he must also need to be respected as he is perhaps from a royal clan.BUT,what i love about the writers point of view is bringing back Georgie,she’s one that makes it interesting and funny(makes my mood lightly as i felt torture with what they do to my Chair),also the lola and ivy part,Nate’s part is boring,chasing girl?hello???i can’t clearly see Nate archibald there as i know his a killer when it comes to women…..huh…loopholes in the story,i think they need a new brainstormer!!!!!

Gooseswifey

Posted at 12:52 PM on February 14, 2012

Worst episode for me. It’s not that Dan kissed B, it’s that it doesn’t mesh with the entire plot lines. It’s starting to feel like a low daytime soap opera. Blair doesn’t have to get with Chuck immediately, but why would she get with Dan? She is still married to Louis. Can’t they finish that plot already! The only way to truly save this show (ratings are all time low) is to quit confusing the fans and add more air time to the other show regulars. Quit making Chuck a depressed lush. He deserves to be happy. I am a Chair fan, but if he is going to be without Blair the least you could do is have him find a nice girl who will show him love.

iloveleighton

Posted at 1:03 PM on February 14, 2012

i totally agree…your a very open minded person and i get what you mean…im also a Chair fan and i don’t hate Dair but they’re ruining our fave characters that it doesn’t make any sense at all.We are supportive and happy if the characters chose or decide what makes them happy and we;ll be happy for them too but lately,this episodes really is out of league.

Christ

Posted at 12:46 PM on February 14, 2012

My answer is the rating 1.17 and 0.5 to 18-49.
PS : ε> <3 Nicole

ash

Posted at 10:50 AM on February 14, 2012

i love this show all the way to this season’s mid season finale..wtf happened when they came back..I’m don’t I don’t want to watch anymore they have ruined the entire show. Chuck and Blair belong together. Dan makes me want to puke. I removed GG off my DVR. I refuse to watch this any longer. The writers are idiots! I hope all chuck and blair fans boycott the show, as that 92% of people that watch it.

Alice

Posted at 8:43 AM on February 14, 2012

Yeah, we know. Chivy is her nickname for Charlotte/Ivy, like Brangelina. Do you take issue with Chair too? Geez!

Greet

Posted at 7:31 AM on February 14, 2012

It’s Ivy, not “Chivy”.

Charlotte

Posted at 6:18 AM on February 14, 2012

What are you guys talking about? Some of you are waaaay overreacting! We all know that Chair is endgame, so why not let Dair have their moment of sunshine? As for me, I used to be a hardcore Chair fan, but honestly guys, after season 3 I just got so bored. It really was the same thing over and over again…so Dair ftw (at least for now)!

Oh, and Serena has also been bugging me lately, why is it that she must always have her way? Jeez. I liked her the best when she was with Nate, so please make that happen again dear writers of the show. :)

And, finally, what’s up with all the emotional thirteen year olds? Just because the show isn’t progressing EXACTLY the way you want to doesn’t mean you need to use the word HATE – for goodness’ sake, IT IS JUST A SHOW. Watch fan videos or whatever if you want the boring happily ever after crap. Me? I like the drama!

Ma

Posted at 6:07 AM on February 14, 2012

Fantastic! They were fantastic! Finally. Dan and Blair was the best thing that happened on Gossip Girl. The show has gained new life with them. They are perfect and adorable together. Brazil was a tendency Dan and Blair before and during the whole show. Too bad we are not considered in the American TV audience.
Just came back to see Gossip Girl for them and I’m very happy. Penn and Leighton are FLawless. Dare to Dair.

4everchair

Posted at 4:57 AM on February 14, 2012

Let me add this, DB isn’t what bugged me. Its the fact their friendship has been ruined! I don’t blame Serena for being hurt! I’m also made that this whole scene took place in selfless chucks room! All season he has changed and been selfless and all he has gotten was his heartbroken and a picture of DB! Kissing in his bedroom! That’s what’s irritating me! DB is no threat! I just hate what they are doing to Blair! Bring on Derena already!

4everchair

Posted at 4:51 AM on February 14, 2012

I think their is still ! Dair temporary ! They certainly aren’t start with nothing over their Hans like Blair wanted for chuck and herself! And that’s doomed them! Blair cheated on her husband and hurt not only chuck but Serena too! I know Dair fans in particular think Serena is over reacting , but the fact of the matter is Blair is wrong! No true friend does that to their best friend! Sure Serena and Nate hooked up , but they where in high school and now they are in college in the adult word. So that argument doesn’t count! Blair is a bed friend she knew Serena was in love with Dan and still let him kiss her. For the record who even is friends with their best friends EX? That screams best friend!
. I hope Blair wakes up before its too late!

Chair FTW

megs

Posted at 3:55 AM on February 14, 2012

this show is really starting to piss me off. they just keep delaying and delaying and delaying chuck and blair. and we all know it. dan is becoming annoying. he is just as bad as the other upper east siders so dont say how chuck is worse. im very disappointed with this show and honestly not worth watching anymore.

GGWaldorf

Posted at 3:37 AM on February 14, 2012

This episode was wonderful. By far the best valentines episode ever and Dan and Blair are just perfect together. I’m so excited that its finally happening. As for chair, who cares? I don’t.

tamarah

Posted at 3:19 AM on February 14, 2012

and i would also like to add. i rather liked tonights show because it reminded me of highschool GG. it was one of those episodes that you didnt want to end. and more of that sabotage played in that blair used to always do. and i missed that. face it guys, the UES is all anout gossip lies and sabotage, i just dont know where the hell these writers came up with a marriage from hell, a prenup, and all of this dair nonsense. i miss the old GG that was unlike a soap opera.

Jill

Posted at 3:27 AM on February 14, 2012

Definitely, this show has turned into a soap opera.

Jill

Posted at 3:15 AM on February 14, 2012

God ever since the second season this show has gotten worse and worse. I completely agree with everyone who insulted the writers. First of all: why do they insist on breaking up couples all the time!? You can still have an interesting story about a couple that loves each other and sticks together through thick and thin. In fact, that’s much more interesting and meaningful than a bunch of random, non-sensical couplings that do nothing but make the characters seem shallow, inconsistent, and unable to control any impulse. Second: the general inconsistency of the characters is so irritating. I appreciate character development, but that usually involves learning from one’s mistakes and growing. Third: the writers can’t seem to stick to any decision they make, and that’s just serving to anger and alienate their fans. Four: I like chuck better than Dan now and that just shows how much he sucks. Since second season he’s been turning into such an insensitive, hypocritical jerk, except when it comes to Blair, who really has only ever been mean to him, way worse than Serena ever was. Five: my favorite character has always been Serena, and although Blair is awesome, why is she suddenly the only main character? Serena is being mistreated by everyone and she doesn’t deserve it. Six: (I have a lot of complaints obviously) Serena needs to start being smart again instead of letting the worse guys trick and mistreat her. Seven: cut your hair Dan. Eight: Serena and nate forever. He’s the only guy who truly loves and appreciates her for exactly who she is. Finally, the worse thing is that the writers are just writing im circles now and destroying the characters I used to love. It’s been completely ridiculous for two seasons now, at least. It’s been boring since the third or fourth time chuck and Blair were torn apart by bad writing. And now im getting so sick of the writers not sticking to anything that im considering given n up :n this show. Does josh safran not listen to his fans voices at all? Most of us hate what he and the other writers have done to this show. I want couples that stay together for more than half a season, actually care about each other, and that don’t immediately go sleep with a bunch of other people as soon as they break up. Chuck and Blair BC chuck is a good person now and they are adorable when they treat other right. Nate and Serena BC he accepts all of her, unlike perpetually judgemental downer Dan. And Dan and Vanessa so they can hole up together and complain about and judge the people they just can’t seem to stand even though they’ve been their friends for four years. Writers: stop torturing the fans, you’ve been doing it to chair fans since season one, danrena or whatever fans since season two, and serenate fans since forever. It’s not getting really old, its been really old for a while now.

tamarah

Posted at 3:22 AM on February 14, 2012

wow i totally agree.

Jill

Posted at 3:25 AM on February 14, 2012

Oh, btw had anyone else noticed Blake Lively’s facial expression since season four? To me it looks like she’s jaded and sick of how stupid the show has gotten. She just doesn’t look enthusiastic anymore, and that’s probably BC they’ve turned her character into a weak, co-dependent woman who always picks bad guys and never learns. Even if she doesn’t end up with nate, can’t they at least pair her up with someone up to her caliber? And I was a huge Dan and Serena fan in the first season, but Dan sucks now and treats her terribly.

Kittie

Posted at 2:09 AM on February 14, 2012

this Valentine’s Day I’M IN LOVE WITH DAIR
thank you gossip girl writers for making this happen <3

Nithin

Posted at 2:01 AM on February 14, 2012

Seriously DAIR are such a heart melting couple, they deserve a shot