'Gossip Girl' Recap: Dan Kisses Blair, Plus 4 More 'OMG' Moments

Mon, February 13, 2012 10:10pm EDT by 75 Comments
Dan Blair Kiss

Lonely Boy turned not so lonely on Valentine’s Day on the Feb. 13th episode of ‘Gossip Girl” He finally he got the kiss for which he had been longing.

But unfortunately for Chairleaders — like myself–  it wasn’t the dream for which we were hoping. At all.

After returning from her honeymoon with Louis (Hugo Becker), Blair (Leighton Meester) decided to kick off Valentine’s Day by setting up her two best friends — Serena (Blake Lively) and Dan (Penn Badgley).

But after forcing them to be at the same place and the same time, hiring actors and sending them luxurious drinks and desserts, the only person Blair set Dan up with was herself. And obviously S wasn’t too happy about this. After Serena confessed to Dan that she was still in love with him, Blair thought there could still be hope for the two, which is why she went above and beyond to set them up. But once Blair noticed Dan wasn’t having it she asked him flat out “what will make you happy?” And he didn’t hesitate to show her what would make him happy through a KISS.  Georgina (Michelle Trachtenberg), who is now gossip girl, managed to take a pic and Serena followed right behind her, seeing the entire disaster go down.

I honestly can’t BELIEVE Gossip Girl is headed in this DAIRING direction. Blair is not supposed to be with Dan. She is supposed to be with Chuck (Ed Westwick). And that is that.

#1 Chuck hooks up with Dan’s book agent

After Georgina snapped of photo of Blair and Dan’s kiss, she went right to Chuck to show him the evidence. He then rushed to Dan’s book agent to take her up on her promiscuous offer.

#2 Serena defriends Blair

Serena has absolutely had it with Blair. First, Blair tried to reconnect Serena with Dan and then she’s kissing him in Chuck’s room. The once-BFFs are no longer on speaking terms and frankly, I don’t blame Serena. Blair is being a really bad friend.

#3 The REAL Charlie Rhodes finds out about Chivy

Chivy (Kaylee Defer) returned to the UES to speak with Lily (Kelly Rutherford), but instead ended up at a party at the Empire that the REAL Charlie was catering. (Nate (Chace Crawford) set that one up.) Turns out they knew each other from acting school in Florida! Isn’t that crazy that Chivy knew about the real Charlie Rhodes ALL along? I can’t believe it. But now, thanks again to Nate, the real Charlie knows that Chivy was pretending to be her. I wonder what she’ll do next…

#4 Blair’s creepy assistant is in love with Louis

Now that Blair is officially a princess she has an assistant that follows her every move, but apparently she’s there for another reason, too. She’s in love and obsessed with Louis. Gross.

As we know from the preview, Dan and Blair’s kiss wasn’t just a one time affair. I hope Blair snaps out of it soon…

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you still believe there is hope for Chair?

More Gossip Girl news:

1. ‘Gossip Girl’ Spoiler: Chuck & Blair Are ‘Never Over,’ Producers Reveal
  2. Nicole Says: Chuck Bass Go Find Blair Waldorf, YOUR Runaway Bride
  3. New ‘Gossip Girl’ Pics: Blair Waldorf Sleeps With Dan Humphrey In The Airport

hanni

Posted at 8:06 AM on February 19, 2012

If you dont agree on an article of a site then dont go there anynore or read there reviews, as simple as that.i don;t got to TVline etc because I know there prodair. Nicole is one of the very few who writes reviews whose a chair shipper,I only know 3 sites and the other two arent that popular.

FH

Posted at 4:09 PM on February 17, 2012

biased article sucks.

D17

Posted at 9:54 PM on February 15, 2012

People, chill! This is just a show. No need to get too worked up about this. There will be more episodes to come. Why don’t we sit back, relax and enjoy the damn show?

maria

Posted at 8:07 PM on February 15, 2012

Losing the hope because Blair is with another guy? Happened before…million times, she always came back to Chuck. And this time it will be the same, sooner or later. But I hope Chuck will be like Rhett Butler for some time, because Frankly Blair, I don’t give a damn, you are a shadow of yourself. She keeps hurting the people she loves the most. Dair starts with lies…I ain’t even mad. :D
And I don’t give a damn about Chuck sleeping with that book girl. I couldn’t watch him sad and desperate any longer…a little bit of the old Chuck won’t hurt.

Hedwig

Posted at 2:03 PM on February 15, 2012

What a lovely, sane, balanced and unbiased article.

Are you sure this isn’t a fan site for Chuck and Blair?

Hanni

Posted at 8:02 AM on February 19, 2012

This is one of the only few prochair articles we have, there are so many prodair ones out there, I know because there are many ive come across and I choose not to read those ones or comment(why would I?) and read the very very few chair ones we have.

Sam

Posted at 7:15 AM on February 15, 2012

Serena was well aware of Dan’s feelings for Blair when he got Chuck and Blair together to sort out their differences prior to their crash. To suddenly drop the bombshell to Dan that she still loves him despite knowing he won’t reciprocate back is setting herself up for a fall. She’s in denial that Dan has fallen for her BFF Blair, he can’t just switch off his feelings for Blair or as he put it ‘kill a feeling’ and get back together with Serena to appease a ship or her. Chuck’s back to his old scheming self, he is supposed to have matured. Mature people don’t play games or scheme to ruin others. I guess if the gloves off then they are, I will be curious to see how it unfolds. I must say I did enjoy this weeks episode, an improvement from last weeks episode which was rather boring…Georgina’s rather boring as Gossip Girl, can’t wait for the old one to come back and reclaim her throne…xx

Diana

Posted at 6:10 PM on February 14, 2012

I don’t understand why everyone is blaming on Chuck, even Im not a fan of him, I mean, Blair has been a really bad friends recently… why doesn’t she accepts she likes dan, why doesnt she confronts serena, she needs to speak with the truth! and stop hurting everyone, chuck has been waiting for a loooong time and serena is her best friend, shouldnt she talk with them and tell them she is in love with dan and that she doesnt cares about serena or chuck? Blair is no saint

DanandBlair4ever

Posted at 5:43 PM on February 14, 2012

Disagree. Typical Chuck, he goes back to his old ways very quickly. He likes to hurt people, and has hurt Blair more than anyone. Dan has had her back and never would hurt her by going and sleeping with someone else. How many times has Chuck done that? How about trying to sell her for sex to his uncle? That was disgusting. Leaving her time and time again. That is not love, that’s just an evil sick obsession he has and in “real life” he would have a restraining order on him years ago.

mimi

Posted at 6:19 PM on February 14, 2012

You idiot. Dan sent in that blast on Blair’s WEDDING DAY for his own selfish reasons. Chuck has said time and time again, he ony wants Blair to be happy. Blair kissing her best friend’s ex, in her own ex’s room is disgusting. The writers are disgusting.

Ashley

Posted at 3:35 PM on November 18, 2013

Oh wow, really? Tell me, how is it so disgusting that Blair and Daniel kissed when you think about the fact that he’s not even with Serena at the time, and Serena not just kissed Nate BUT had SEX with him when he was with Blair at the time? Blair isn’t the one who’s disgusting, Serena is. Has anyone ever thought about the fact that the only guys Blair has had sex with are Chuck, Nate, Louis, and Daniel, and yet Slutty Serena whores herself off to every guy she’s interested in? Not to mention Serena isn’t really even pretty, she has thin lips and small eyes and a duck face, and her hair is always a scraggly mess. And then there’s the fact of how she behaves. She is such a hypocrite. She always has to make everything about herself. She’s so pathetic. I’m so glad that Daniel loves Blair and not Serena and Serena knows it, because it’s so satisfying to see her put in her place. She does not own Daniel.

Jade

Posted at 4:41 PM on February 14, 2012

This absolutely doesn´t make a sense… I´m losing my interest in this show

Lily

Posted at 3:54 PM on February 14, 2012

That episode was a smack in the face for every chair shipper! I can’t believe that the writers did that to us! I will always love Chuck and Blair and I will always love Ed and Leighton’s on-screen chemistry but I’m done with this show!