Selena Gomez Admits: Demi Lovato Has More Courage Than I Do

Wed, January 4, 2012 7:40pm EDT by 54 Comments
Selena Gomez Demi Lovato

Selena Gomez wrote a heartfelt note to her BFF Demi Lovato that was read out loud at Demi’s ‘Seventeen’ magazine cover luncheon in Hollywood Jan. 4

Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato have been best friends since they were seven years old and auditioning for Barney in Texas. Now, nearly a decade later, the girls have been through their ups and downs, but remain close. In fact, Selena even wrote a revealing note dedicated to her friend, which was read to everyone at Demi’s luncheon celebration for her February Seventeen magazine cover.

Here is what the 19-year-old former Disney starlet said:

Demi, first I want to say that I am sorry that I cant be here with you today, but I just want to say first how proud I am of you. Knowing you since we were seven and watching you become the person you are is truly amazing.

I was there when you sang in front of 10 people knowing all of the words to your songs and I was there when you sang in front of 14,000 people, still knowing all of your songs. You have something that you know has been hard for me to have at times. You have courage — courage to want to change to be better for yourself.

The amount of respect that I have for you is indescribable. You have gone through one of the hardest chapters in your life and I praise you for wanting to share that journey and walk away from it all as a better person. Thank you for trusting me and wanting me there during that hard time. I hope you know how much I love you and how proud I am of the role model that you have become.

Last year, Demi was admitted into rehab for emotional and physical issues and has said Selena was one of the only people who stood by her side, supporting her. Are you surprised Selena admitted Demi is more courageous than she is? Do you think they’ll be friends forever after going through this?

Loading video...

More Demi:

1. Miley Cyrus & Demi Lovato’s Funny Twitter Prank Revealed
  2. Do You Like Demi Lovato’s ‘New Look’?
  3. Katy Perry, Demi Lovato & More: See Who Wore Wacky Nails This Week

Dance and sing

Posted at 5:48 PM on February 23, 2013

i hope they will always be best friends

jan (@tayIorswift22)

Posted at 3:12 PM on February 13, 2013

I just wish their friendship would last forever and ever. This is so touching and heartwarming. :)

Olaharry1

Posted at 2:14 AM on February 11, 2013

This letter makes me cry!sel you’re amazing!

Yakubu Ibrahim

Posted at 1:31 PM on February 10, 2013

Valentine approaching where justine meet 4 salene hope it wil gain coming to join hands 4 luv.

Chloe

Posted at 4:28 AM on February 10, 2013

If you love of then follow @delenafanbase on twitter ;)

Jos

Posted at 3:07 AM on February 10, 2013

Usha Kurumbang

Posted at 9:51 AM on November 12, 2012

I luv demi & selena being 2gether.they look so cute.i like demi than selena as her voice is the best for me!!!…….

Usha kurumbang

Posted at 9:42 AM on November 12, 2012

I guess selena & demi sud stay together being close friends…….

Raylyn

Posted at 4:05 AM on September 7, 2012

I like the photo of selena and demi at the beach …. But i like demi much bcoz i like her voice very much then selena….

Raylyn

Posted at 3:57 AM on September 7, 2012

I hope selena and demi will be friends again ….

cecilia

Posted at 2:13 PM on August 27, 2012

OH!How i wish that selena and demi were here next to me!!!.
Love u so much!

cecilia

Posted at 2:12 PM on August 27, 2012

I love the photo that selena is with demi lovato!!, I love selena!!!!
I’m the 1 fan!!!

cecilia

Posted at 2:09 PM on August 27, 2012

Sorry demi but selena is so cute!!!!!!, and I like so much the music!…..
Well bye,bye…
Love u!

Selena 4ever

Posted at 10:53 AM on August 26, 2012

That was the sweetest letter ever….Selena is such a reliable friend. She’s so sweet.

selenademi forves

Posted at 7:46 AM on August 6, 2012

they r bff i knew selena always stay with demi u too demi dont ruin ur friendship by bein with other people stay vclose like before nd everything will eb fine i promise u

Sindy

Posted at 4:47 PM on June 6, 2012

Luv demi forever..u too selena..luv ya since I saw you on barney..demi u r da best and i hope you are away from the struggles in your life…god bless you both

marga

Posted at 3:44 AM on May 20, 2012

wish that delena is beck and no one will broke that friendship

marga

Posted at 3:43 AM on May 20, 2012

demi and selena is best friends for so many years.and this will happen.i wish that delena is back and no one can broke that friendship

marga

Posted at 3:39 AM on May 20, 2012

demi and selena is best friends for so many years.wish that delena is back and no one can broke that friendship.

dezy

Posted at 10:29 AM on September 1, 2012

emena i demi den mou aresei mou aresei omos i selnta ena gomez tis exw dei kai apo konta epidei o pateras mou exei mia diskogradiki eteria opos exw dei kai tin miley syrus tin ashley tisdale tin debby ryan tin bella tnorne tin brenda song tin tiffany tnornon tin zendaya coleman tin jenifer stone ton justin bieber ton michel mouso ton david henrie ton dylan sprouse ton cole spouse ton zak efron brigit mendler telos panton to simantiko eine oti agti tin stigmi i selena gomez me tin demi lovato den eine files ala exfri kai afto ginete epidei i demi molis fa ta ksana ftiaxnane i selena gomez me ton justin bieber kai i demi lovato ton arpakse apo ta xeria tis selenas kai kati akoma i selena gomez me tin demi lovato den eitan pote bff eitan aplos files ala oxi kolites i selena gomez eitan bff me tin miley cyrus kai tin taylor swift kai egw ta kserw ala afta epidei i mirara mou dimosiografos kai peire sinedefksi apo tin selena gomez otan peigame stin ameriki kai kati akoma telefteo borei i demi lovato na fenete kali ela stin pragmatikotita den eine na to kserete afto kai den exei kafolou wraio gousto peiga sto spitis kai eida to domatio tis aidia mayra xalia kai exoun poly mikri pisina i dikiamas eine megaliteri eno i seena gomez exei yperoxo gousto.afta gia neoteres idseis fa sas ksanagrapsw giasa!!!!

dezy

Posted at 1:26 PM on September 1, 2012

den borite na fantastite ti akousa molis tora gia tin demi lovato eftin tin stigmi i demi lovato vriskete se mia pizzaria kia molis epaikse ksilo me tin vanessa hudgens den emafa gia pio llogo ala fa mafw se ligo sas afinw twra gia exw doulies me tin istoseliga moy kai meta fa vgw geiasas

dezy

Posted at 6:04 AM on October 6, 2012

ma kala bistevete oti mia kouklara san tin selena gomez tna eine BFF me tin atalandi demi lovato opos sas ipa tis exo di kai apo konta mono pou tis ida to 2010.tis ida kai tora to 2012 otan ksanapiga me tin oikogenia mou kai tin ksanaida tin demi lovato entaksi den ine sta idia xalia opos itan to 2010 veltiose ligo tin emfanisitis ala pali exi ta xaliatis otan piga sto spiti tis itan eki kai selena gomez kai i miley cyrus kai i selena me tin demi malonane gia ena fema pou mou ipane na min to po se kanenan prepi na kliso tora giati exo doulia giasas