Corey Simms & New GF Summer Tavarez: Their Love Story

Thu, December 29, 2011 3:52pm EDT by 22 Comments
Corey Simms And GF Summer Tavarez

Summer reveals all of the personal details of her relationship with Corey to HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

Teen Mom 2 star Corey Simms has moved on from Leah Messer and has a new love interest, Summer Tavarez. Summer tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively about how she met Corey, what she loves about him and their plans for the future.

“We have friends who know each other so we met through other people,” Summer reveals to us. “We’ve only been dating for two weeks now but we’ve been hanging out a month and a half.”

Summer is totally crushing on her new man. “I’m in that corny stage right now,” she shares. “He’s a great guy. He makes me laugh constantly. When we’re together, I’m so happy. We kind of live a little far from each other so he has to come and see me. We see each other 3-4 times a week. It’s like an hour drive. After he leaves, I’m like, ‘Oh my gosh, I don’t want him to leave.’ He makes the effort. We always talk. He’ll come and stop and see me at work sometimes. We definitely have a good connection and making an effort to make it work.”

Corey and Summer became official on Dec. 15. “It wasn’t planned. It just kind of happened,” recalls Summer. “I was like, ‘Whenever you feel like you can’t stand that I’m not yours then that’s when we’ll be together.’ It happened that way. He was like, ‘I want to be with you.’ He’s really really good to me.”

For their first date, Corey took Summer to dinner. “We went to Texas Steak house,” she remembers. “Then we went to see Christmas lights. It was sweet. He drove all the way to Cross Lanes to pick me up.”

Cory and Summer didn’t kiss on their first date. “I think it was our third date,” she gushes. “He’s really shy. It was cute. It was just a little kiss goodbye. I was so nervous and then it happened. I was like, ‘Aww that was so sweet.’”

But while Summer is smitten with Corey, she’s in no rush to walk down the aisle. “I’m not in a rush for kids or marriage,” she admits. “If it happens, I’m all for it. But, I just graduated from college. I live on my own right now. I’m really devoted to being successful with work and school. I’m thinking about going back to get my masters.”

“We have just said we are going to take everything day by day,” she adds. “Just try to see where things go. Not try and rush anything especially with everything that comes a long with it. Just enjoying the every day because we don’t want to put pressure on it. We’re happy right now.”

The fact that Corey is divorced doesn’t bother Summer. “We’ve very open about everything,” she explains. “That’s one thing I love about Corey, we talk about everything. We have the best conversations. We talk about Leah. We talk about my ex. We just want to know where we’ve been and how to deal with the past to do better in the future. Im 24 and I had a boyfriend on and off for years. I definitely learned from that.”

Corey is perfect for Summer. “Really my problem has been that I’m 24 and a lot of guys around here aren’t settled down,” she confesses. “I already have my own place, I own my car, I graduated from college. I’m trying to better myself and I couldn’t find someone who was on the same level as me. Corey is definitely on the same level as me. He trying to be the best that he can in life to have something for the future. That’s where I’m at right now. Hes 21. I don’t think about it really. He’s mature.”

- Lindsey DiMattina

Gabby

Posted at 9:05 PM on February 14, 2012

Hoy pink leg brace, u need a life. I don’t know who you are but u don’t make no sense. That baby is a grace from God. All gods children are created in his image. So shut up

ES

Posted at 8:00 PM on January 21, 2012

Seriously?! What kind of idiots are you people? Ali is absolutely adorable. The “V” on her forehead is something A LOT of babies are born with and it fades in time. Both of my kids had it. And to say a baby has a “beer belly” is also a moronic statement to make. That is why it is called “BABY FAT” Get off the internet and go get an education, because it seems that you are the ones with the “mental” problem.

Hot Pink leg brace

Posted at 4:13 AM on January 17, 2012

Haha.Ali is a nasty obese club foot four eyed nasty naughty tard!Naughty naughty tard o’lard..lying about not having a problem at the geneticist..naughty naughty tard..tsk tsk..

Macy

Posted at 8:44 PM on February 15, 2012

Wow:) Summer Leah’s baby is adorable so people that say that obvisoulsy u need to get a life and go live in a suit or go to hell

Rebecca

Posted at 10:35 PM on January 6, 2012

WTF is wrong with you???? Ali will grow up and read this… How DARE you expose her to this heartless ridicule. May God have mercy on the ones you hold dear and your future children, this could be YOUR child one day. Grow up and stay off message boards until you can change who you are. You are obviously jealous, immature, and extremely emotionally under developed. Ali is beautiful and a blessing from God, and God gave her to these parents because he knew they were stronger than you!!!!

holy crap

Posted at 11:27 PM on January 5, 2012

you are a useless waste of space. i am disgusted that i breath the same air as you. Do you have a mother? and if so tell her i said she failed at parenting you. she lacked the little part called respect. your going to be nothing in life with a narrow mind like that. i bet you wouldnt be saying stuff like that with your real name. i dare you. let america see the disgusting mouth behind those words. your GARBAGE filthy stinky ugly nasty GARBAGE!

wow.

Posted at 11:22 PM on January 5, 2012

wow i cant believe that you (jackson) could talk about a child like that. You act like there is something that leah and corey can do that they are not already doing. You have no idea what it is like to be a parent of a child with limitaions, i cant even imagine having twins and seeing one develope normally and the other not. The pain that leah faces daily is not to be a joke on a website. You are a disgusting person and your lack of human emotion should not be tolerated. I hope something happens to you and that you become a “tard” you have self issues and you need to speak to a medical professional because there is no way that someone who could say such awful things has a normal mental status :] k im done a hole.

Horrible

Posted at 3:46 PM on December 30, 2011

The comments about baby Ali are horrific! It is heartbreaking to know that there are such hateful people in our world.

Are there not moderators on this site who can remove hate filled messages?

blessed mom

Posted at 11:24 AM on December 30, 2011

First of all, how could anyone talk about a baby like that. A child is a gift from God. It takes a sad person to say those things about a child. And Corey and Summer, people only know what the media puts out there. No one truly knows them but their friends and family. No matter what, they deserve to have realtionship without being critized. Even if he is on TV, he still deserved to be happy and find love. It is honestly no ones business in the public. People just need to keep their negative comments to theirselves. Best of Luck to them!!

Jackson

Posted at 10:58 PM on December 29, 2011

Leah’s baby Ali is a retarded looking freak. What is up with her fat roll covered legs and arms. She looks like a retard with those stubs for arms. And what is up with the v on her forehead?? And now she has googly crossed eyes too?? She is a useless retardthat is one ugly freak. the parents try to pretend that they love her as much as the pretty, normal one. i was laughing sooo hard at those comments. ali has this big beer belly sticking out an fat rolls all over her stubby arms and legs, while her pretty twin is thin. she is all cross eyed and drooling and what is up with the red v on her forehead? they talked to her like a dog, when they were trying to get her to roll over. leah never holds her, only the pretty, normal one. leah makes corey carry the retard around.
totally agree with you guys, Ali is one ugly, useless freak. She can’t grasp anything in her useless hands AND she can’t use those useless turned in fatty legs AND she can’t use her useless crossed over eyes. Yuck. Notice how the back of her head os flat, cause obviously they leave her in her tard seat all day while they play with the normal one. Thank god for her, at least. Ali is so ugly it makes one wanna slap her. Those stubby fatty arma are so unbecoming. Yuck!!!

MATA

Posted at 11:20 PM on December 29, 2011

Some of you are just so mean! Ali is just a child! Are you so perfect? Obviously not because you can’t form a proper sentence to save yourself. I hope ridiculing a child makes you feel better.

Abby

Posted at 11:38 AM on December 30, 2011

This is the most awful thing I have ever read. Every child perfect just the way they are, including Ali. I happen to thinkshe’s adorable! You should be ashamed of yourself for saying these things about a baby!

Alitard

Posted at 10:51 PM on December 29, 2011

Ali lard is so fat she is busting out of her bathing suit in recent pictures and her beer belly is bigger then ever.The rolls of fat on her arms and legs are from a new thyriod problem.She is fat she looks she she can’t even breath.Not to mention she can’t walk and the leg braces were a failure.I guess she will be on the maury show for obese babies if they don’t do somthing about her stat.She is blowing up hardcore and it ain’t pretty.Forget her cross eyes and club feet.She will be in serious danger for diabetes and heart disease if she keeps packing on the pounds

megan

Posted at 7:00 PM on December 29, 2011

wow thats his new gf..
to me i thought that was his mom.. lol..
but im happy for him

Kelli

Posted at 5:54 PM on December 29, 2011

I think it’s great he’s found someone that brings him happiness the way Leah has. I think they’re both great, and they’re both great parents most importantly. Why should it matter how long they’ve been dating or anything, if they’re happy, they’re happy. Be happy for them instead of trying to make it into some kind of drama.

lol

Posted at 4:35 PM on December 29, 2011

they only been dating for two wks n shes already during interview wow u can tell what shes after there no need for her to be talking to the media at all even corey hasnt tlk about his life kids divorce life etc to any media while would she????

kaylee

Posted at 6:28 PM on December 29, 2011

cuz he is binded by contract just like leah she is not

Lmao

Posted at 8:12 PM on December 29, 2011

Summer got a lot of requests for interviews as soon as the media found out about her. She’s a private person, so this is all new to her. Coreywas okay with her doing the interview, so she did it. Stop judging what you don’t know.

lol

Posted at 10:33 PM on December 29, 2011

SHES A PRIVTE PERSON LMAO ya thats why the first chance she got she opened her mouth to do an interview ya shes so private ……does she even really know corey or leah or the girls to be talking if she was really into corey why talk even if the media did request her why would she do it shes only been with him two weeks what does she really know???? it such seems wierd that shes only be there two weeks n shes already talking even jeremy has more respect to keep his life private n hes been there more couple of months ……….so i giving my opion on what i do know shes only been with corey for two weeks the media comes asking for an interview n shes jumps at the chance ya shes very private u are so right ……

Shelly

Posted at 4:29 PM on December 29, 2011

I’m really out the loop on Teen Mom. Last time I saw this show Corey and Leah were already married and they were crying at the hospital because one of the twins was having an MRI and now they’re divorced and Corey has a gf….lol.

Give it a few months and he or she will be moving on.

Sarah

Posted at 8:10 PM on December 29, 2011

Leah has a boyfriend, so Corey has moved on as well. Summer and Corey are really great for each other, and since I know them I can say that for a fact.

Meghan

Posted at 5:33 AM on January 6, 2012

you do know that the shows they are airing now were filmed a year ago right? Just like almost every other reality show. How can people not understand that fact?