'RHOBH' Recap: Taylor Armstrong Gets Rejected From Kyle Richards' Party

Tue, December 20, 2011 4:25am EDT by 33 Comments

After Russell Armstrong threatens Camille with a lawsuit for making “false and slanderous remarks” about him, Kyle Richards feels as if she is left with no choice but to deny Taylor and Russell from attending her glamorous White Party.

The Dec. 19 episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills opens with the startling news that Camille Grammer received an email from Russell Armstrong threatening to take legal action against her for speaking out about Russell’s alleged abuse toward Taylor Armstrong. Russell said Camille made false and slanderous remarks that could damage his business.

Adrienne Maloof discusses the news with her husband, Dr. Paul Nassif, and shares her concern about attending Kyle Richards White Party because she is afraid Russell may threaten legal action against all the housewives.

While preparing for the White Party, Kyle gets wind about the email Camille received from Russell. Kyle weighs her options and decides the only reasonable thing to do would be to deny Taylor and Russell at the door, since Kyle could not get into contact with Taylor prior to the party.

Kim Richards arrives at the party with her boyfriend, Ken Blumenfeld, and the housewives do not seem too fond of him.

Kim had previously denied sporting an engagement ring earlier in the episode, when questioned by her daughter, but Kim insisted it was just a promise ring.

Although all the housewives are panic-stricken with the thought of rejecting Taylor’s entrance to the party, Kim still manages to find time to get into an argument with her enemy, Brandi Glanville.

Kim has absolutely no intention of clearing the air with Brandi and says, “I don’t like you — I will never like you.”

Brandi tries to apologize to Kim and says, “I said I’m sorry — you were out of line, I was out of line.” Kim cannot believe Brandi accused her of being out of line, and begins to argue with her.

“Don’t even apologize, it’s not worth it. I don’t accept your apology!” screamed Kim.

Naturally, this argument is not headed in a good direction and ends with Kim mocking Brandi and accusing her of “speaking like a truck driver” and continuously saying, “It doesn’t make you pretty when you say those words.”

The long-awaited arrival of Taylor and Russell finally occurs, and the thought of rejecting them from the party puts Kyle in tears. The housewives and their husbands discuss the situation with Taylor and Russell in front of the Richards’ house, and the Armstrongs are evidently upset with their decision to reject them from the party.

Taylor admits she never read the email Russell sent, while Russell insists the email was not rude. The housewives and their husbands explain they all read the email and they think otherwise.

As Taylor and Russell get back into their limo, Kyle runs after them and tries to set the record straight about what Camille said. “[Camille] made the comment but it wasn’t that she invented it,” she explains. Taylor defends her husband and says, “She repeated an exaggerated version of it.”

Adrienne chimes in before Taylor and Russell leave and says, “No, [Camille] did not get carried away — she was upset because of the story she was told.”

In an interview at the conclusion of the show, Kyle says, “I’ve never felt so bad and had to do something like that to a friend… ever.”

It seems like Taylor and Russell’s rocky relationship was slowly tearing the housewives apart! What did you think of the Dec. 19 episode of RHOBH, HollywoodLifers?

Lauren Kalma

MamaC

Posted at 6:02 PM on January 23, 2012

Taylor is one sick twisted, manipulative, money grubbing media whore. Any money she makes off of Russell’s death will have blood on it! She is the one that forced that poor mad to end his misery of her lies and deceit! She sickens me

ellen

Posted at 3:37 AM on January 19, 2012

Taylor has been caught in so many lies, I have a hard time believing she was abused. Only after the women told her they that they had never seen any signs of abuse did Taylor “conveniently” show up with a black eye. This women is desperate for any kind of attention and it is disgusting.

Bill

Posted at 12:10 PM on January 11, 2012

It is obvious by Taylor’s body language, rolling of the eyes and reluctance to comment when Russell repeatedly states that the allegations are totally false that she has made up the story of abuse and she is trying to skate a thin line between telling the truth to the public and Russell (that she has made up the entire abuse story with no regard for the father of her child. She will sacrifice anyone for her own fame.

robyn

Posted at 11:12 PM on January 5, 2012

Kim is a hypocrite talking about going to her knees and asking God for anything while refusing to accept an apology from Brandi. Kim has huge issues. The whack job of the bunch. High school drama played out by over the hill prom queen runner ups.

kate

Posted at 6:02 PM on January 4, 2012

Kim is such a whackjob. Brandi is no saint, but at least she tries to apologize and act like a grown up. Kim meanwhile sounds like she is on every pill in the pharmacy and needs to grow up. She doesn’t have to like Brandi but act like a lady for god sake

Susan

Posted at 8:45 AM on January 3, 2012

Taylor, no one is at fault but yourself. I feel for your daughter. You need to get off reality TV and take care of yourself….as you are a mess!

MamaC

Posted at 6:00 PM on January 23, 2012

I agree! I think SHE is the one with anger issues!! She is the one that flipped out as a drunken fool at the malibu party!! I think Russell should be the one who feared her! Poor Russell, he is the victim. And now that kid Kennedy, who, I always found to be a brat is the one that we need to rally around. Obviously Taylor is too busy money grubbing and drinking, and creative havoc! She makes me SICK! Her lips have their own ZIP code for Godsakes!

Chris Mazzarini

Posted at 8:59 PM on December 23, 2011

Taylor, After your husbands recent suicide, I can’t believe that you are doing a promo to spend New Years Eve with a ‘housewife’. You are way too thin, have had too many overly dramatic moments on TRHWS, and unless I am missing something, the impression that I get is that money is everything to you. The lavish parties that you have for your daughter are for you, not her. Shame on you, hate to say it, but just think that you are a fame whore…

sam

Posted at 10:24 PM on December 20, 2011

I feel sorry for Kennedy & Russel. Instead of sending that email to Camille he should have sent it to his wife.

Kimmie

Posted at 8:51 PM on December 20, 2011

Taylor should of stuck to being a wall flower, because her big fat mouth and those ridiculous duck lips has made her the laughing stock of that show.
Kyle and Kris Jenner should be Bff’s, they are both attn whores. Adrienne is the only real person on that show and doesn’t start drama or act like a spoiled brat. I love her and Paul!

TRUTH

Posted at 8:46 PM on December 20, 2011

MESSAGE TO BRANDI: Please don’t ever apologize to that methscum Kim anymore! Next time, kick her @ss!

Robert

Posted at 1:34 PM on January 5, 2012

I like Brandi–she’s a bit goofy but good-natured & genuine–its sickening that the meth-head/drunk Kim gets away with her odious antics–we all know she’s now in rehab. That thuggish BF appears controlling & just no-good. I laugh everytime I see Lisa husband–carrying that stupid “dog” & just padding around — he has the personality/function of luggage. But being married to that stinky skank would result in such demeanor

Shannon

Posted at 8:21 PM on December 20, 2011

Kim is so ridiculous. She needs to be removed from the Housewives permanently. She is repulsive and a trouble maker. As far as Taylor, she is in a very difficult place in her life, luckily for her, some of her friends understand that and are somewhat accepting it for what it is.

beth

Posted at 8:10 PM on December 20, 2011

The look on Traylor Trash’s face when she knew she had been busted was priceless. No question she knew what was in Russel’s email to Camille. Paul and Adrienne had her number, Traylor ran home and told Russel “her version” of events conveniently leaving it out that she was the one who told Camille that he hit her. Traylor is manipulative scum

Bravo fire that crazy, lying gold digging grifter.

Frankly she probably hit Russel first, she’s so friggin aggressive and quick to get in someone’s face.

Her ugly colors came out when she had to leave the party, didn’t they and again in the limo when she lied to say Camille was exagerating…

lol Traylor Trash caught in her own lies, just sorry Russell felt the need to kill himself…RIP

mary

Posted at 5:58 PM on December 20, 2011

I think Camille only told what was said to her by Taylor..I think Taylor told Russell much bigger things than what. She said..who knows..Taylor is self centered and over exaggerates everything..she found her voice but needs to keep her voice inside if all she wants to do is talk about Russell all the time..I do not like Taylor..she will get what she deserves eventually..I’m proud of Kyle for not letting her stay at the party..if she had stayed she would of got drunk and start her whining again…

taylorhater

Posted at 5:15 PM on December 20, 2011

get her off the show!!!!! I can’t stand her any longer…..
Please Bravo, listen to the viewers…

GET RID OF TAYLOR!!

Pastrygirl

Posted at 4:59 PM on December 20, 2011

I truly wish there was a way for us to petition Bravo to remove Taylor from the show. Although none of us will truly ever know what happened between Taylor and Russell…I honestly don’t believe her delusional version at all. Too many things do not add up. Starting with Russell himself. I had a sister in an abusive marriage. Also a very good friend. There were common denominators to both men….that I do not see in Russell (it reminds me of that movie with Julia Roberts where she is married to the abuser). From what I have seen and studied, the abuse is about control. My sister would NEVER have outed her husband (even when she came home for a holiday one time and had a black eye, she said she got it wrestling around with him)…nor would my friend. In public, both men were charming, and both wives were the meek ones. The irony of that is my sister was never that way before. Her husband started being abusive when she became pregnant with their first child. I have never seen a man that is abusive allow his wife to travel with her girlfriends, say WHATEVER she wants, etc. etc. etc.. I remember after my sister finally got the courage to leave…she opened up and told us some stories. He would leave for work and take the car seat with him so she couldn’t leave the house. He would come home and check the trash can to see if there were scraps of food from more than one person (so he could accuse her of cheating and then beat her). It literally made my skin crawl when she was finally able to open up. It’s been 20 years since she left, and it took her a long time to heal. She was not out dating within months…it took a long time to get her self esteem even remotely normal. She still felt fear when she left. I don’t see any of the traits of an abused woman in Taylor. AT ALL. Never would an abuser sit back at their child’s party and watch his wife flirt with a younger man in front of everyone. I see someone who knows her financial world is crashing down. I see her trying to do anything to gain friendship with these women. I found it very ironic that she got rid of the dog Russell gave their daughter because she was “allergic to dogs” then I read where she made a statement that she and Kennedy were sleeping at Kyle’s house with the dogs (at one point). I think that if there was pushing (which is all I have read that Russell admitted to) that it was either BOTH of them (not that it is an excuse) or him trying to push her out of the way to get her calmed down. I think all of their financial schemes were coming to a head. Even his exes are defending him. As a mother myself, I would protect my child at any cost. I wouldn’t be writing a tell all not even **6** months after I had buried my estranged husband. This is beyond “drama.” It’s sickening.

gbtw

Posted at 6:15 PM on December 20, 2011

you make a lot of good points, and i think you really hit the nail on the head with her being in on his financial scheming and the walls crumbling down around them financially. her stories just don’t add up, and even the other housewives notice that. kyle better watch her back b/c that girl will be trying to hop in her husband’s bed. that said, i’m sure she’s looking for someone with more money than maricio, and also someone who wouldn’t have to pay alimony and child support for 5 kids as maricio. but, taylor has her eye on a prize, for sure- another “rich” guy is being scouted to take care of her as we speak.

Twila

Posted at 12:17 AM on December 23, 2011

I think what you have said is right on. What so scary about Taylor is that someone could be that manipulative and evil. The other housewives have caught on to her and everyone else is starting to now. I believe she is partly responsible for Russells death.

Jring

Posted at 8:56 PM on December 23, 2011

I completely agree with everything you just said. From personal experience, everything Taylor has said does not ring true.

Robert

Posted at 1:39 PM on January 5, 2012

Agreed. Also, that rancid Kim’s BF, Ken, appears to be over-controlling (ie, abusive). Man, & he got hit too many times with the “ugly stick.” I loathe Kim & her meth-addled attack on good ol’ Brandi. Kick that skank off the show–she can do celeb rehab with fish-lips (does Taylor really think that’s a good look? Shudder!).

susan williams

Posted at 11:57 AM on December 20, 2011

taylor said last night she was not truthful in what she told. beem in a marriage that was not good. it took me a while but i got out. live in a one bedroom apt with my son. he had the bedroom i had the sofa for years but i wasn’t getting hit or anything. money was tight but we were happy. taylor has the money to leave .sad that he kill himself and i think it had to do alot with her and the lies she was and is still telling. kenny will see it all one day. its out there and taylor will spin it to make herself look like the victum i think he was the victum. those dam lips look so stuipd . they stick out so bad.

Biscuits

Posted at 11:51 AM on December 20, 2011

Man, the more i watch Taylor the more she puts a sickness in my stomach. she blabbed to all the girls about the abuse, but the second one of them called her out on it she gets mad at THEM and then tells her husband in thereapy a diluted version. give me a break. if you are serisouly so abused and worried enough to tell your friends, then get the heck out of the relationship, for the sake of your daughter. Russell had not clue what she was actually telling people. it is kinda sad actually. i bet she knew exactly what russell sent. she is just playing dumb. i wouldn’t put it past her if she helped him write the darn email. he is way to sue happy. i would have turned them away at the door as well. good luck backpeddling out of this one taylor

fox

Posted at 2:57 PM on December 20, 2011

Yeah and the smirk on taylors face was disgusting. I’m starting to think a lot of these women are phonies. How can any one believe any of them?

A.T

Posted at 11:13 AM on December 20, 2011

Taylor, how do you live with yourself? Knowing you could have left him (like his first wife did) and not be the stimulus to his death? Divorce was the answer, not your crazy games…you live in a dream world, and your child should be shielded from you! At Kennedy’s birthday party, Dana, yes he should have won Father of the Year award, because it was HIS child HIS money, HIS say on how things should go. YOU party planner, stay out. Taylor, you are a truly creepy person. And as for poor Kim, you’re going crazy because of your lunatic sister. You want their approval so bad that your killing yourself. Please live your life. Your children are grown, everyone needs to be in charge of their own happiness. I feel sorry for you. Kyle, what a petulant little brat. You are such an instigator all the while saying “ohh i dont like drama”…crying for the cameras so Russell wouldn’t sue you….you made me so sick with your tears. Adrienne, why dont you stick to your business? or rather, the business that your brothers run? and stop treating Paul like shit. Who do you think you are? People get married to love and take care of their partner, not belittle them and roll their eyes on them every chance they get. Lisa and Camille, you guys are great…you both show maturity, thank god, which makes this show watchable.

s.waszak

Posted at 11:11 AM on December 20, 2011

I grew up with a mother who had the same affliction as Taylor, so I can really identify with Kennedy. It is not an easy life and you never know when to believe when you grow up not trusting when a parent can not be counted on to tell the truth and can be a hard thing to recover from.

It is easy to understand why all of the other housewives were acting the way they were at the very start of the season which was filmed after Russell’s death and then watching how the season unfolded. A big thank you to Bravo for airing this season….if they had not, there would have been way too many unanswered questions. As it stands now only Taylor knows for sure and she may be too altered to even know the truth.

You could also see how shocked Russell was when he learned the “truth” about what Taylor had been really telling the other women. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall when they got to the airport to fly back to fun city.

Bravo …please be very careful with your future with Taylor….she must be handled with kid gloves. She sometimes don’t even remember all of the stories she has told and people with her affliction get not only the people they love in trouble but everyone else they come in to contact with.

T.W.

Posted at 8:44 AM on December 20, 2011

I’ve been in an abusive situation and while that doesn’t make me an authority on Taylor’s situation, she was constantly provoking Russell by making small digs at him in their therapy sessions, by telling Russell about Camille and Lisa and their bringing up the stories she’d told them about her abuse, and most of all, she kept her young daughter in that situation – AND – she did it while having the funds and the means to extricate herself and her child from that situation, which is an escape hatch many women don’t have. I believe her anger at Camille isn’t about about the abuse but because it blew the lid off Taylor’s game. She said in that after program with Andy Cohen that abuse can’t end until the abused start talking, and then turned around and blasted Camille for ‘outing’ her abuse. She’s playing both sides of the fence, and what really makes me mad, she’s casting a light of doubt on all the other women out there who are actually suffering and are afraid to tell people because they’re afraid of not being believed. There is such a thing as karma and, my Lord, it’s going to be rough on her some day. I hope I’m wrong about all this, but I’ve seen this woman get caught in lies constantly. What someone should do is to map all the times Taylor said she was abused to her shoot dates. Someone could talk to the producers and the makeup artists on set and see if there was evidence to back those things up. Me thinks probably not.

beth

Posted at 10:39 AM on December 20, 2011

I agree 100%. Taylor is a lying manipulator and if anyone was taken for a ride in this “marriage” it was Russel. She was ready to dump him and lie about him the minute the money ran out! She’s the worst!

Truth

Posted at 7:47 AM on December 20, 2011

Taylor Trailor you see what happens when you try to be something you’re not??????????????????? Trying to keep up with a lie and everything starts to unravel! That mouth got you into alot of trouble! Airing your dirty laundry on National TV can be dangerous! What’s the lesson learned folks! That being a liar, cheat, wife beater, wannabe 90210 gets you where you started. All the waaaayy at the bottom :( Unfortunately, for the whole world to see, and for Kennedy to witness and have for her young and not so innocent memorys of growing up with irresponsible, selfish parents! This poor kid is gonna need a lot of prayer and counseling! I hope seeking Fame&Fortune was all worth it! Sure was expensive! Someone call child protective services on that looney mother for subjecting her child through all that!!!!!

Isabella C.

Posted at 2:05 PM on December 21, 2011

Taylor was completely outed in that limo. Russell was vindicated as you could tell he thought she only shared about the pushing her away from him and Taylor portrayed to him that Camille exaggerated that into the other lie, which was actually a lie created by Taylor. I have reserved judgment on this, but after seeing last night, The truth is clear. Thank you, Bravo, for allowing the truth to be seen. RIP Russell, you we’re really used by Taylor. I am glad the truth was documented for his daughter to see some day, because I know her mother will continue with her lie. I do not understand how Taylor does not feel guilty, especially after the suicide. I agree, she is far too bold around him to be an abused woman, and she knew exactly what she was doing.

new york

Posted at 10:51 PM on January 3, 2012

HAS EVERYONE LOST THEIR MIND! TAYLORS HUSBAND BROKE HER JAW, PUNCHED HER IN THE EYE AND SHE HAD RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY. THIS HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED. YES! SHE CONFIDED IN WHOM SHE THOUGHT WERE FRIENDS. AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW THE LOOK OF F E A R IN HER FACE WHILE IN THE LIMO??? SHE LOOKED DEATHLY AFRAID TO GO AGAINST WHAT HER HUSBAND SAID AND DID WHAT ANYONE IN FEAR WOULD DO, LIE, OR EXAGGERATE TO PROTECT HERSELF. HE WAS CLEARLY IN DENIAL. ALL OF YOU WITH YOUR BIG OPINIONS ARE QUICK TO THROW STONES. SO SAD, NOBODY IS PERFECT, BUT TO KEEP KICKING SOMEONE WHEN THERE DOWN IS HORRIBLE. LETS ALL REMEMBER THAT “LIFE” HAPPENS TO E V E R Y O N E, SO DON’T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE, IT COULD BE YOU, JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

LA

Posted at 8:22 PM on January 7, 2012

I totally agree with you, the victim gets victimized again. She was abused for 6 years, I’ve personally seen the damage he did to her, makes me want yo puke.He committed suicide because he couldn’t deal with what he had done to her, plus his financial scams that poor Taylor didn’t even know about.
Yet all you scumbags want to see her go down, you’re all f-d up in the head, dont watch the show then idiots!

Sinbad

Posted at 11:05 PM on January 11, 2012

I don’t believe either of you. The abuse has not been documented – we’ve seen a photo of one black eye, which she told Dr Phil was actually from her lasic surgery. If you have personally seen the abuse why didn’t you report it?