'Gossip Girl' Recap: Chuck & Blair Get In A Car Crash After An Emotional Reunion, Plus More 'OMG' Moments

Mon, December 5, 2011 10:53pm EDT by 35 Comments

It looks like Blair survived the car crash — but will her baby and the LOVE of her life Chuck Bass? Sadly, We’re going to have to wait until Jan. 16 to find out…

Tonight — Dec. 5 — marks an iconic chapter in Gossip Girl history. After years of affairs, fighting and just plain royal pains Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester) finally made the decision to spend the rest of their lives together. But now Chuck may not have the rest of his life to live.

Who would have thought DAN HUMPHREY (Penn Badgley) would be the mastermind behind the greatest Chair scene of all time? Instead of selfishly confessing his own love for Blair, he blindfolded her and whisked away to a candlelit room where Chuck –her real true love — was waiting for her. It was then and there that they FINALLY were on the same page and ready to take the plunge with each other. Chuck told Blair exactly what she needed to hear to choose him over Prince Louis (Hugo Becker): “I will love you as much as I love your baby.” That scene definitely brought a tear to my eye!

Then, in an attempt to leave Charlie’s (KayLee Defer) trust fund party (we’ll get to that one later), gossip girl leaked a tip of Chair’s whereabouts, triggering the paparazzi to follow them.  In just a few seconds with the flash of a camera and the wrong turn of a wheel, Chuck and Blair’s love story took a turn for the absolute worst. Chuck and Blair got into a car crash and now Chuck is barely clinging on to his own life!

I definitely did not see that one coming and I refuse to believe Chuck will actually die, there’s no way, but I’m really worried. While we don’t know if Blair lost the baby or not, is it safe to assume she did? I’m going to go ahead and say it now though, this was the BEST GG episode EVER. Hands down! From Chair to Charlie to Derena…. Jan. 16 is too long of  a wait to see how this all pans out.

Here are my top ‘OMG’ moments of the night:

#1 Chair Limo Scene Part Deux

Chuck and Blair’s love story began when they first hooked up in the backseat of the limo leaving the Victrola, and tonight their romance went full circle and they reunited in the backseat of a limo. They were talking about how they were going to raise Blair’s baby and telling each other how much they loved each other, and then BAM a car crash! I REFUSE to believe this is the end of their romance. Just because their story started in the limo doesn’t mean it will end in one.

#2 Dan Still Loves Blair

Dan deserves an award for best Upper East Sider EVER after tonight’s episode. Dan admitted that he still loves Blair and called her to tell her, but conveniently Blair was looking for a place to escape the paparazzi and Lonely Boy’s Brooklyn loft seemed like the best place to do so. Instead of telling Blair he still loved her, he helped her choose between Prince Louis and Chuck. It was so noble of him!

# Serena Still Loves Dan

Poor S, she realized the feelings Dan harbors for Blair are exactly what she feels for Dan. However, the weird creepy stepbrother/sister storyline continues to creep me out, so I’m glad Dan doesn’t feel the same way about Serena (Blake Lively).

#4 Charlie Reveals Her Identity And Leaves The UES!

Charlie’s party was interrupted by the news of crash which was sort of her fault to begin with. Charlie sent the tip about Chuck and Blair to distract the press covering her party because she didn’t want them to pay attention to her ex-boyfriend Max in case he tried to reveal her identity for the hundredth time. After the crash at the hospital, the guilt took over Charlie and she confessed she was a fraud to Rufus (Matthew Settle). The question remains: will Rufus tell everyone else? For some reason, I think Rufus will keep her secret.

This mid-season finale episode was so amazing, but I’m definitely worried about Chuck! Could he really die?? What do you think, Hollywoodlifers? Vote and sound off in your comments below!

XOXO

— Nicole Karlis

Get More ‘Gossip Girl’!

1. Ed Westwick Reveals Shocking ‘Gossip Girl’ Wedding Spoiler
  2. ‘Gossip Girl’ Recap: Chuck Confesses He Still Loves Blair, Plus More ‘OMG’ Moments
  3. Michelle Trachtenberg Says: Chuck & Blair Will Always Have A Love Affair

p.

Posted at 9:08 AM on December 10, 2011

I hope, he’ll survive. If he doesn’t, the “Gossip Girl” makes no sense anymore…

xoxo

Posted at 9:00 AM on December 9, 2011

Since Chuck’s losing a lot of blood, maybe he needs a blood transfusion quickly… what if blair’s the only person who has the same blood type and she needs to decide between her baby and chuck? *dramatic music* i reckon that would be an awesome plot twist :D

Rachael

Posted at 9:44 PM on December 7, 2011

omg! agreed that best episode ever. but firstly, can we ignore the fact that the limo was meant for nate?! it looks to me like tripp paid off max to tamper with the brakes in the limo and kill nate. he is more evil than the grandfather!

i agree that chuck has either got memory loss or turns into his old self. if the baby is still alive, it’s definitely got to be chucks. if not, it was probably louis’ all along.

i hope chuck and blair are together once more. i also hate that they never give us much time when they are together!

Laurent

Posted at 4:27 PM on December 7, 2011

I think that Chuck lives but he’s seriously injured and Blair lost her baby and can be ‘really’ together …
For Dan and Serena, he don’t seems to think the same way but lonely boy !

Leigh

Posted at 1:11 PM on December 7, 2011

Chuck and Blair are what I watch for so if they’re gone I’m gone!

Michie

Posted at 12:30 PM on December 7, 2011

I don’t think that Chuck will die, but I’m afraid he might turn back into his old self .. But if he dies, I’ll definately stop watching!

Liga

Posted at 10:13 AM on December 7, 2011

Me I also do not know if I could watch GG anymore if there is no CHUCK! Blair& Chuck made the GG the most interesting! They still could do – I hope! I really hope for the best!!!

Maddie

Posted at 9:05 AM on December 7, 2011

Can’t imagine myself watching GG if chuck dies…. chuck and blair are obvious meant to be

Meg

Posted at 12:35 AM on December 7, 2011

I loved Chuck and Blair! LOVED THEM! i just wish I felt like the writers weren’t going to mess with them again.

liz

Posted at 11:08 PM on December 6, 2011

I’m confused so Chuck wasn’t the father after all?? No that wouldn’t make sense since the prince actor was just a guest………

Mose

Posted at 10:27 PM on December 6, 2011

How about …WHY WOULD BLAIR BE FILMING SCENES WHERE SHE IS RUNNING IN A WEDDING DRESS IF SHE AND CHUCK ARE GOING TO BE TOGETHER?!?!?!?!

Minal

Posted at 10:36 PM on December 7, 2011

I know, i don’t get how she goes from “i love you Chuck” to “i do” to Louis in 3 episodes. There’s also all the rumors about Dan and the airport, and all the pictures of Blair running away in her dress.

Carter

Posted at 6:56 PM on December 6, 2011

Heart transplant!!

Francesca

Posted at 4:46 PM on December 6, 2011

Chuck and Blair were amazing in this episode. I love what they have done with Chuck. I love when he said he’d love the baby as much he loves Blair. Aww.

CHAIR FOREVER

Posted at 2:49 PM on December 6, 2011

of course chuck will live. IMDB.com shows that he has been in every single episode ever to be filmed. I hope he still holds on to the memories of that night though or has any memory at all. Oh and Blairs baby! Lets hope he/she lives too. CHAIR FOREVER

Savanah

Posted at 2:41 PM on December 6, 2011

They got into the wrong car. the car they got into was meant for nate.

omg

Posted at 11:54 AM on December 6, 2011

if chuck dies no one will watch gg anymore, chuck is the only reason i still watch it, him and blair are the cutest couple of life. if he dies i will ban gg from my t.v. forever.

B.m.

Posted at 11:50 AM on December 6, 2011

If he actually dies after they say how they truelly feel about each other! I don’t know if I could watch the show anymore…we see the development of these 2 for 4 years and them just to kill one would so ruin it all for me!

andreea

Posted at 8:35 AM on December 6, 2011

he must live,is the soul of GG

harum scarum

Posted at 6:20 AM on December 6, 2011

SO HAPPY that chuck and blair finally woke up and realized they are meant to be after all!

SO SAD that two seconds later it’s all taken away from them again!

SO ANNOYED at the writers for always screwing with the pairing that is the sole reason why GG still exists!

megan

Posted at 3:04 AM on December 6, 2011

Dan finally got Blair loved Chuck not him. He wasn’t selfless he finally grew a brain and figured it out after her having to say that a million times. She loves Chuck and I’m happy she does. I do hate the writers for giving Chair fans only a little happiness and then cutting them again.

jenkins

Posted at 3:03 AM on December 6, 2011

Chuck and Blair pretty much killed it. Trended world wide and showed even Ban fans who the WORLD wants. Sick of the obstacles and the writers made another.

Dan even contemplating telling Blair made him a douche.

......

Posted at 7:25 PM on December 6, 2011

DOUCHE!! dan?? not in a million years what could he do if he loves her but at the end he did the right thing….i bet you couldnt ever grow enough balls to do waht dan did… he should earn an award for best UESer EVER….. chuck :( hope everything is okay

ecc

Posted at 2:39 AM on December 6, 2011

i don’t think chuck will die. i mean he can’t but if he dies(i really hope not) blair couldn’t take it.

Carter

Posted at 1:37 AM on December 6, 2011

Coma!!

Olivia

Posted at 12:34 AM on December 6, 2011

Aww, I like Dan and Serena together. Well, I used to, before Dan started being such a jerk to her :(

The Chair scenes were amazing! I can’t wait until the show comes back in Jan!

Brittany

Posted at 12:33 AM on December 6, 2011

He can’t die it seems like much more has to happen like I refuse to accept that he might die its just not a doubt in my mind but if he does I will be devastated