'Gossip Girl' Recap: Chuck Confesses He Still Loves Blair, Plus More 'OMG' Moments

Mon, November 28, 2011 11:37pm EDT by 18 Comments
Gossip Girl Chuck Blair

Chuck says he still loves Blair; the two go to couples therapy; Charlie is almost outed for the hundredth time — and much more on the Nov. 28 episode of ‘Gossip Girl’

We all know how difficult it’s been for Chuck to drop the “L” bomb to Blair in the past — it was the root of their first break-up after all. So when Chuck admits to his best friend that he can’t imagine the day when he’s NOT in love with her, it’s a pretty big step in the right Chairection.

Blair (Leighton Meester)  joins Chuck (Ed Westwick) in his therapy session in an attempt to learn how he turned his “bad Bass ways” into his new life with a live-in Dalai Lama. What was supposed to be a session just about Chuck turned into a Chair couple’s therapy. The two learned more about their relationship with each other in those few minutes than they have in their entire relationship.

Blair wanted to know how Chuck has changed and she got an answer she didn’t want to hear. Mr. Bass told her he changed after he returned the engagement ring he wanted to give her to Harry Winston…a symbol of finally letting her go.  This, of course, really upset her and she left immediately to attend the wedding cake testing. Oh yeah, that wedding…

Chuck ran to Blair’s side and asked if she was upset. She clearly was and admitted all this time she blamed him for “bringing her into the darkness,” but really it was her who brought out the darkness in him. So deep. Chuck — like the new gentleman he is — denied this and said Blair is the “brightest” thing  has ever came into his life.

Later in a macho man-to-man talk over whiskey, Nate asks the big question: “Do you still love her (Blair)?” And Chuck says: “I can’t imagine a day that I won’t.”

Sounds like true love to me! Tonight’s episode made me more confident than ever that Blair will run out of her wedding and into the arms of Chuck. Don’t you agree??

More ‘OMG’ moments:

#1 Charlie’s is almost exposed once again!

This time I really thought Charlie (KayLee Defer) was in trouble though, despite every other episode’s false alarm. Her ex-boyfriend Max tried to reveal her real identity at Cece Rhodes’ Studio 54 party and Serena (Blake Lively) believed him. Fortunately, Lily’s (Kelly Rutherford) sister — Charlie’s “mom” — is a professional schemer and caught Max’s plan before it was too late. I can’t help but wonder though, WHO is the real Charlie Rhodes? Is she alive or dead? Will we ever see her? Will Charlie go and try to find her since we know she “disappears” before Blair’s wedding? Hmmm…

#2 An Archibald family affair

Just what we need… Trip Archibald back in the picture. This guy has been nothing but trouble since the beginning of GG time, but we’re going to have to deal with it. Nate (Chace Crawford) finds out from one of his reporters (remember he IS Editor-in-Chief of the NY Spectator now) that his sister-in-law Maureen — Trip’s wife — is having an affair with her sailing instructor. This turns out to be a scheme plotted by Maureen to put her politician husband back in the press. So rather than publishing the story about the affair, Nate runs an article about how the affair was just a big lie! And surprisingly, the holy grandfather is very proud of Nate.

#3 Dan is falling for his agent

I’m absolutely hating this already. This girl annoys me. But if Dan (Penn Badgley) is happy, I guess I can try to be happy for him. Lonely Boy tries to figure out who started the @IHateHumphrey Twitter account only to learn it’s his sneaky agent. The two hash things out and bond over all of his social media haters. Vomit.

#4 Cece Rhodes is sick

Oh no! Grandma Rhodes is back, but she’s brought her health issues with her. We’re not sure exactly what she has, but she’s sick with something. This will of course wreak major havoc with the Rhodes/ Van Der Woodsens. Perfect!

In next week’s preview Blair talks about canceling the wedding (which we know is not true) and then there is a car crash. I’m posing this question now: will Blair be the one in the car crash and will she lose the baby??

I really can’t wait until next Monday to get to the bottom of this.

What do you think, Hollywoodlifers? Were you happy with tonight’s episode? What did you think about the Chair moments? Sound off in your comments below!

XOXO

— Nicole Karlis

Vamp lover

Posted at 4:34 PM on November 29, 2011

I hope Blair doesn’t lose the baby. I would love to see a little Blair running around. I hope Blair’s baby is a girl, that would be sooooooo cute………. Imagine what the two would have in common. CHAIR FOREVER!!!!!!!!

harum scarum

Posted at 1:06 PM on November 29, 2011

chuck and blair were incredible! i loved all their scenes! i’m so glad they were being honest <3

but what's wrong with CeCe? =O

Sandra

Posted at 11:51 AM on November 29, 2011

I love Chuck and Blair, and I loved all their scenes last episode. Will she run to Chuck on her wedding day? I would hope so but I bet the writers have a mountain of obstacles ready to throw in between Chuck and Blair lol!

Adrienne De Chair

Posted at 11:19 AM on November 29, 2011

I totally agree,they are meant to be and if this is not true love than i don’t wanna know what it is.They way they still look at each other makes clear the fact they must end up together.Loved this episode,in my opinion,it’s the first step for their reunion.Congratulations for yet another well written recap Nicole ^^ and ofc CHAIR FTW:)

Dee

Posted at 8:28 AM on November 29, 2011

Gossip girl is never what it appears to be although I love chair, they r determine for Dair case n point next week show car crash Blair may lose that baby and blame Chuck and turn to Dan!

Dee

Posted at 8:24 AM on November 29, 2011

Gossip girl is never what it appears to be although I love chair, they r determine for Dair case n point next week show car crash Blair may lose that baby and blame and she will tern to Dan,

Jennifer

Posted at 7:07 AM on November 29, 2011

Loved the Chuck and Blair scenes! It’s evident both are still in love with each other. Can’t wait for them to reunite soon!

Lisa

Posted at 6:53 AM on November 29, 2011

The Chuck and Blair scenes were amazing. There scenes were heartbreaking but so great in all that was said between the two in words and in looks. Ed and Leighton just produce the most amazing work together.
Its no wonder they are the only reason I watch.

Milena

Posted at 6:37 AM on November 29, 2011

OMG Chair was amazing! They made me cry so hard! They are the heart and soul and everything of GG…I am loving Navy. They are cute I hope they will be a couple soon..And Dan! He can stay in his loft all day if he wants and bond with his dear agent..They fit well together.. just don’t let him put his nose into anything UES related I am just sick of Humphrey!

montalatina

Posted at 6:16 AM on November 29, 2011

ok first his name is tripp vanderbilt and i don’t see any signs of dan liking his agent,also cece was sick from the beginning when she told serena that she is sick but serena thought she was lying it was in season 1 i think

Inevitable chair

Posted at 3:55 AM on November 29, 2011

Ggwriters should bring Chuck n Blair back. That’s the only reason I still ship this shoe. Ed n Leighton r amazing

Dana

Posted at 2:27 AM on November 29, 2011

Chuck and Blair are the best thing about the show for sure and it’s why I don’t quit watching..yet. The writers really should figure out a way of putting Chuck and Blair together and quit all the tragedy. I know that’s where it’s headed next week but it doesn’t mean I’ll stop shipping them. They’re Chuck and Blair, they’re meant to be.

megan

Posted at 2:08 AM on November 29, 2011

Chuck and Blair were why I took a shot with the episode to begin with, in all honesty. At first I thought Blair was cruel to be asking Chuck to help “fix” Louis and her fairy tale but as the episode unraveled it revealed Blair wanted to know this Chuck and she wanted to know why she thought she turned men “evil”. And I kind of liked how it was handled in that Chuck said what I’ve believed all along- that Blair was his lightness and the one thing in this world that he found good and sane in his chaos.I also loved Chuck was honest and open with Blair.When he said, “You never pulled me to the dark side. You were the lightest thing that ever came into my life,” it made me tear up and I don’t cry often. I think Chuck so wants her happiness because he only sees darkness in himself. Chuck and Blair both made mistakes but Chuck is doing everything he can to give her what he feels he can’t- happiness. It’s tragic and sad but , in the end, I think he’ll get that he can make Blair happy.

Anytime CeCe is on I quite enjoy it. I love the actress and the spunk the characters brings, but I do hope they aren’t killing CeCe. I really think she’s one of the best guest stars of the bunch we’ve had and she brings Lily and Serena together. While I enjoyed Ivy scheming, I agree with seethesun, I needed more meat to Serena’s role and story lines. It’s really annoying to have her in such a limited role this year.

I liked Nate kind of one-uping his family. Good for Nate for having the brains to pull it off for once.

I was glad their wasn’t much Dan. I did think it was entertaining that Dan was fighting people that hated him but it would have been tedious and boring had it continued. Penn does comedy decently so it was a good for the character.

Carrie

Posted at 1:50 AM on November 29, 2011

Can the writers just put Chuck and Blair back together again? I feel like their only goal is to come up with meaningless plots (louis,Dan) just to keep them apart. Why not for once, give the audience what they really want with Chuck and Blair? These two are captivating and we all want them together, so the dragging out is getting pointless.

leigh

Posted at 1:40 AM on November 29, 2011

I loved all the Chuck and Blair scenes, as short as they were but I too am scared Chuck and Blair are in an accident. What if Louis caused it too? I bet it pulls Chuck and Blair apart and I’m so tired of that. It’s obvious they love and want each other, not frogs or muppet paupers from Brooklyn. Chuck and Blair fans need to see them together and happy for a change.

MSC

Posted at 1:33 AM on November 29, 2011

Loved Chuck and Blair. Want them together ASAP!They and Cece were the best things. A little too much Ivy for me.

jenkins

Posted at 1:31 AM on November 29, 2011

I know I’m getting strung along as a Chuck and Blair fan but these two are the best thing the show has and will ever have. Their scenes just make it worth watching despite how short it was. I cannot wait for next week because that will be worth watching. Chuck and Blair, best thing on GG.

Emily

Posted at 1:02 AM on November 29, 2011

Chuck and Blair were perfect this week. Why can’t they get married?
And do you really think Dan is falling for Alessandra? I actually think they would be cute together, but I feel like Dan’s feelings need to be kept in his metaphorical feelings-pants, because they are EVERYWHERE.