'16 & Pregnant' Star Ebony Jackson-Rendon Shares Her Side: Reasons Why DHS Took Her Baby, Jocelyn!

Wed, September 21, 2011 8:28pm EDT by 37 Comments

Ebony explains to HollyBaby.com exclusively she has been battling suicidal thoughts since losing an unborn baby, that the fecal mess in her house was caused by ‘having a litter of puppies’ and admits that synthetic marijuana found in her house was hers, not Josh’s.

On the eve of Sept. 19, the Jacksonville, Ark. Police Department and the Department of Health Services raided the home of former 16 & Pregnant stars Ebony Jackson-Rendon and her husband Joshua Rendon. Ebony and Josh were arrested on charges of endangering the welfare of a minor (their 2-year-old daughter Jocelyn) and possession of drug paraphernalia. DHS also took Jocelyn from their home and placed her in temporary foster care. Ebony opens up to HollyBaby.com exclusively about the terrifying raid and the events that led to losing Jocelyn.

“My house was raided last night and my daughter was taken from me,” Ebony tells us. “I had been suffering with depression. I lost a kid, so I’ve been going through my own personal problems and so I haven’t been able to be the wife, mom that I’m supposed to be.”

“Neither of us wanted any of this to happen,” continues Ebony. “One of my old friends [called us in] and she reported a lot of false things.”

In the police report, the arresting officers described the house as being covered by “human and dog feces.” Ebony blames the mess on the fact that the family just had puppies born in the house. “We just had a litter of six puppies and got rid of the last one prior to everyone busting into our house,” explains Ebony. “A litter of puppies of course is going to damage your floor and that’s exactly what we were putting up with.”

“We never have our house that dirty,” she adds. “Our daughter never lives like that. Our daughter is always taken care of. She will always be taken care of. Our daughter always comes first in our lives and I don’t want anyone to think that we are just a couple of drug heads because we’re not.”

Also according to the report, one gram of synthetic marijuana was found. “It was mine,” says Ebony. “It had nothing to do with Josh. It was all mine and I was just doing it to self harm … after the loss of my son, I just lost him two months ago.”

Ebony says her emotional woes were caused by the loss of an unborn son. “I’ve been depressed, anxious, dealing with the loss of [the baby]. I was already hospitalized at the beginning of June — for suicide prevention.”

But the police raid and seeing Jocelyn taken away was a rude awakening. “I was just thinking I really shouldn’t have messed up,” says Ebony. “Everybody messes up, but I never had it in my house prior to that. And yes I did smoke it heavily after I lost [the baby], but I never had any marijuana in my house. I want everyone to know that. It was just out of depression that we would even let the house go, let everything go. We were not ourselves. We finally got snapped back into ourselves last night. Our house is never like that. It got like that in the past month because Arkansas is really bad with flies. It’s hard to get them out of my house.”

Ebony and Josh both made bail for $8,000 each. Their daughter Jocelyn is in a foster home until the court date on Sept. 26. At that point, Ebony and Josh plan to sign custody of Jocelyn over to either Ebony’s mother or Josh’s parents as they try “to get [their] lives straight.”

Josh is facing an honorable discharge from the Air Force, but the couple plan to move to Colorado where they will focus on rebuilding their lives.

“I’m going to go back to therapy to find the right depression medication,” admits Ebony. “I just want to let all of our fans know we are sorry for letting them down and for letting Jocelyn down.”

UPDATE: Ebony is pregnant again!

– Lindsey DiMattina

More Teen Mom Stories:

1. The Rendons Lose Jocelyn After Police Find Feces Everywhere!
  2. Gary Shirley Takes Leah To See A Movie!
  3. Jenelle Evans Needs To Be A Mom Every Day!

news article

Posted at 4:40 AM on February 7, 2013

I have to express appreciation to you just for rescuing me from this situation. After browsing through the internet and seeing notions which are not powerful, I thought my entire life was well over. Existing without the approaches to the difficulties you’ve solved as a result of your good short post is a critical case, and the kind that would have negatively damaged my career if I hadn’t encountered the blog. Your main skills and kindness in dealing with all things was important. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t encountered such a thing like this. I’m able to at this point look forward to my future. Thanks so much for your specialized and results-oriented guide. I won’t hesitate to endorse your web sites to any individual who needs and wants guidance about this topic.

Barbara

Posted at 1:32 PM on August 10, 2012

I live in Arkansas as well, and yes, the flies are horrible this year, however, Having had 13 puppies at one time in my home, (unknown to us, the dog was expecting when we got her) being on constant poop patrol, poop was never left on the floor to damage it. Puppies poop on the floor, but you clean it up right away and maybe designate a place for them to stay and not let them roam all over the house is their potty problems are that big of an issue. The story mentioned she just gave the last one away, then why was the poo still there?? There are 2 parents in the house a lot of the time right? He can pick up the mess too. I am glad she is getting help for her depression, and trying to get back on track. I hope you are able to get your daughter home soon, and spay your dog!

sez

Posted at 7:38 PM on February 16, 2012

I lost a baby at 21. My son died at birth.. I understand the greif pain heartbreak you go through when you lose a child!!! Been there and still am going through it (my son would have been 8 on the 21/02/2012) I can understand how
Ebony would be depressed. No excuse for having your surviving child taken off you though. I mean no disrespect to Ebony but unfortunaly you have no choice but to carry on and be the best parent to the one you have. You grieve differently you have too. I wish Ebony and Josh the best. I hope the get the help the really need!!!

Yanni

Posted at 5:30 PM on February 1, 2012

Poor little girl. Loser parents… That is America now thanks to democrats…

kate

Posted at 12:51 AM on November 21, 2011

i always wondered what happened to these too, they used to be my favorites but yea not so much anymore. anybody notice that they are going to get their lives straitened out in the state where marijuana is legal? coincidence i think not.

Lynn

Posted at 3:22 PM on November 14, 2011

Glad she is taking some responsibility, but not enough. I highly doubt that this all happened within a month. No child deserves to live in a house like that. Very sad!!

jeanne

Posted at 12:39 PM on November 11, 2011

Unbelievable!!!! what a coincidence that the last of the “puppies” were given away right before the bust!! You are both idiots and I hope they NEVER give your daughter back

lulu

Posted at 11:45 AM on September 27, 2011

These Hollywood Moms WOWED In Bikinis This Summer! Who Has The Hottest Mommy Body?

lulu

Posted at 11:43 AM on September 27, 2011

they should not have had a baby at 16 and up and above

Disgusted with you people

Posted at 10:13 PM on September 26, 2011

You people absolutely repulse me. How easy is it for you all to sit on the other end of the screen, both tv and computer, and judge? I personally have known both Josh and Ebony for years. We were even in the same graduating class and in the same ROTC program. This isn’t like either of them. It’s just humorous to me that all you negative critics would have the audacity to sit here and try to post your 2 cents. It doesn’t matter if the house was filthy or not. We ALL have had are down days where we don’t even have the slightest bit of motivation to get out of bed. The only sad part is that her home was raided at the obvious wrong time. My mom is a dog breeder, and keeping them clean is VERY hard. But of course, it’s always easy to listen to was the media has to say. I say no one should judge. Period, Point, blank.

manda

Posted at 9:07 AM on September 26, 2011

I miscarried with a baby and yes I was sad and depressed, but my house wasn’t nasty an dirty……and I also had a 1yr old to take care of………please stop making accuses for this girl! !!!!!! And losing a baby is not an accuse to be nasty, there is help for depressed people.

Mel

Posted at 10:06 PM on September 25, 2011

Im praying for her. Because depression can be a serious issue, but its not something you have to succumb to–fight it. EVERY single day and you can start living again.

My Opinion

Posted at 3:57 PM on September 23, 2011

Depression is a terrible thing and I have dealt with it as well. But I find it hard to believe that Josh couldn’t at least keep the house feces and fly free! It’s not like he was deployed at the time. If they had the money to post bail, they should have had the money to hire a cleaning lady and/or an exterminator.

Also, for a friend to call DHS it must have been pretty bad for a long time.

Alana

Posted at 12:06 AM on September 23, 2011

Well duh of course she is going to say the drugs are hers, he’s in the military. But to little to late, his military life is over with. The way they had there free housing and had that baby living is disgusting. He will probably be going to the brig (jail) probably for 45 days. He needs disonerable discharge. When you sign housing papers you say that you will keep your house clean, there house wasn’t clean. Do a drug test on him and I’m sure he will fail. Also if she’s on drugs he still gets in trouble b/c he’s married to her.

just me

Posted at 6:48 PM on September 22, 2011

I live just north of Jacksonville and had horrible flies all summer. We had them at work as well. My house is clean, and the flies were beyond belief. So I do believe her about that.

Elle

Posted at 4:02 PM on September 22, 2011

Nelli, you do realize that this is SYNTHETIC marijuana they are talking about. As in, not the stuff that grows naturally on a plant. In my state, the synthetic stuff is a FELONY and the real stuff is decriminalized. I would say that the synthetic stuff is far worse for you than the real thing.

Either way though, there’s absolutely no excuse for anyones house to be that disgusting. It really is terrible to just sit there and let your baby play in the filth.

K

Posted at 9:01 PM on September 22, 2011

in my state synthetic marijuana is legal but the real stuff isnt.

Elle

Posted at 5:04 PM on September 25, 2011

In Arkansas, the synthetic crap is illegal :)

nelli

Posted at 3:26 PM on September 22, 2011

she didnt let anyone down. again it was synthetic marijauna which in my opinion is better than all those chemical pharmacueticals anyways. i doubt there were human feces in the house…cps is no ones friend. and for all the people out here that are judging…remember that cps can and given any chance will take your kids too. and news lie daily…everyday they tell a different lie or twist a story to make it appeal to the masses…
all of you are worried about this young mother that got overwhelmed when there are bigger things to worry about (i.e. occupy wallstreet) yep but that hasnt been on the news because its peaceful so you wont hear about it!
lay off of her…unless you want to go over your assistance to help her out…but when it comes down to that im sure youre just like jesus and turn the other cheek! you people piss me off!

Black Beauty

Posted at 11:25 AM on September 22, 2011

I hope she gets the help she needs. I’ve watched their story on 16 and pregnant and I didn’t see and indication that her house was messy unlike Amber’s home which was always messy. She could have been rightly so going through somethings and it took them taking her child away for them to wake up. I just hope they get it together. Also they clearly can not take care of any animals so they should never get anymore.

here

Posted at 10:40 PM on September 21, 2011

how is it honorable discharge is what i want to know!

Suzie

Posted at 3:15 AM on September 22, 2011

You have to do something pretty bad to get dishonorable discharge. They cant prove the pot was his, especially if shes taking responsibility. And as far as the neglect, they have to do their own investigation of sorts & wait for the police report to come out to find out the facts. I figure something like this he’d get at least a general discharge. My ex husband got arrested twice while in the AF and got a general other than honorable, which isn’t ‘dishonorable’ but still not that great obviously!

joy

Posted at 10:25 PM on September 21, 2011

I understand where ebony is coming from I don’t excuse the way she acted but I can understand. Losing a baby can really make you depressed it really does make u feel like ur a different person. I think they have learned from their mistakes and I see them moving on from this and being better parents. I everything works out really well for thEm.

Fortherecord..

Posted at 2:25 PM on September 22, 2011

Ebony had a miscarriage at five weeks. She had just found out she was pregnant and at five weeks, babies don’t have a gender. Yeah, it sucks, but she’s being a bit over the top.

Adairynne

Posted at 2:03 AM on September 23, 2011

This just makes you sound really ignorant.
1) Babies have a gender as soon as they are conceived. Just because their genital organs have not developed yet, does not make the baby an “it”.
2) The loss of a child at any stage of life is devastating, and you would do well to have some sympathy.
I say sympathy, because empathy is something you have when you share a similar experience. If you had a clue about how hard it is to lose a baby, or anyone you love for that matter, you wouldn’t have said something so completely rude and unfounded. She may not have even known she was pregnant, but she is grieving the possibility of a wonderful life for that child, and all the love she could have given him. Shame on you for being so heartless.

just my opinion

Posted at 10:24 PM on September 21, 2011

So I read somewhere that she posted this…

Dirty dishes prove I feed my child, full trash cans prove I change my baby’s diapers, messy floors prove that I let my kid have fun, piles of clothes prove I keep my child in clean clothes, a messy bathroom proves that I bathe my child! So next time you walk into my house & see a mess, think twice before you judge!!! Keep this going if you’re a parent

If she did post this then that’s really dumb cause she just sounds lazy.

A FT MOMMY

Posted at 10:55 PM on September 21, 2011

Amen Sister!

Dani

Posted at 11:54 PM on September 21, 2011

No, she didn’t post this. A stupid fan trying to make excuses for their behavior posted this. If you read the article posted above, she admitted that she made mistakes. Oh, and Heather Clouse loooooooves to fake things – she is a fame wh*re. Do NOT believe on her.

Adairynne

Posted at 2:10 AM on September 23, 2011

Who cares if she posted it?

Why don’t you try chasing after a child and keeping them entertained, stimulated, and healthy, and then keep the house spotless, all the while struggling with depression and anxiety.
The emotions are crippling and the workload is overwhelming. If all the people like you that like to go around judging people and belittling them instead CONTRIBUTED something helpful to the ones in need, we wouldn’t have problems like this!

And I can guarantee that you’re not perfect, so either say something nice, or SHUT THE HELL UP!

RUDE.

tay

Posted at 9:28 PM on September 21, 2011

I live in Arkansas, only 30 minutes north of Jacksonville, and I don’t have problems with flies. So I’m thinking she’s making excuses for being nasty. Plus, I work at DHS and we don’t tell people who makes reports against them.

Excuseswillgetunowhere

Posted at 9:51 AM on September 23, 2011

I live in Jacksonville, AR and the flies really are not that bad. You have a 1 here and a few there just like you would anywhere if the door is left open. So stop she can stop trying to blame it on AR because there is no excuse for an unkept house around a 2 year old. Human and dog feces!? To me on her facebook fan page she talked as if she was handling the loss of her baby just fine. Soooo, yeah don’t make excuses and people have had a litter of puppies and still kept their house in a great condition….worked and went to school on top of it with 3 kids. Again NO EXCUSES!!

niccole tumba

Posted at 7:12 PM on September 23, 2011

hey;) waz up i like to sing hey demi waz up with the 30 lb
you rock demi & selena gomez

Jackie T

Posted at 9:20 PM on September 21, 2011

After I had my son I was depressed. I took a medication and it made it worse. So then the doctor put me on 10mg of Lexapro. I’ve never felt better! Lexapro is an amazing medication. I just wanted to share that info in case she’s interested. Also, good luck with your situation. I feel for you.

Suzie

Posted at 3:07 AM on September 22, 2011

@ Jackie T I also was prescribed Lexapro after I had my son. I had tried 3 different types of depression medication before Lexapro and this one was the only one that helped. I took it for probably 3 or 4 months and I am finally off of it, feeling like myself again. Hope everything works out for Ebony and her family and for you as well Jackie

Miranda

Posted at 12:01 PM on September 22, 2011

Lexapro is amazing, I’m on that for my depression as well! :)

Elizabeth

Posted at 9:09 PM on September 21, 2011

How does this describe the human feces?

LindseyLemons

Posted at 1:14 AM on September 26, 2011

The human feces part was probably a lie…