Their poor twins! J. Lo & Marc Anthony are making the ‘painful’ decision to end their seven-year marriage.
Jennifer Lopez is always full of surprises, but this one is the biggest shocker yet! “We have decided to end our marriage,” Jennifer and Marc Anthony announced July 15 in a joint statement. “This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters. It is a painful time for all involved.”
An insider tells HollywoodLife.com Jennifer “was not herself” at a photo shoot two weeks ago and that she was “upset,” but no one knew why. “This must have come up very quickly, because Jennifer was very committed to her marriage,” our source adds.
Because you’re obviously too distraught to think clearly, here are some quick facts you should know about J. Lo and Marc’s marriage:
- Jennifer, 41, and Marc, 42, were married June 5, 2004
- They welcomed twins — a boy, Max, and a girl, Emme — on Feb. 22, 2008. They’re now three years old.
- Jennifer attended the BAFTA Brits to Watch event in Los Angeles solo on July 9, despite reports that Marc had originally RSVP’d.
- The couple was last seen in public July 2 at the El San Juan Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- The couple’s combined value was estimated to be at least $350 million as of 2009.
- Jennifer and Marc performed on American Idol together May 25. Click here to watch their sexy stage show!
- This was Marc’s second marriage. He first tied the knot on May 9, 2000, to former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres, but they separated in 2002.
- This was Jennifer’s third marriage. She first wed waiter Ojani Noa on Feb. 22, 1997, and divorced in Jan. 1998. She next married back-up dancer Cris Judd on Sept. 29, 2001, but their marriage was terminated in Jan. 2003.
- In Jan. 2011, Jennifer spoke to Latina magazine about what makes — now made — her marriage to Marc work: “We’re gonna go through hard times, but we’re gonna work through them, and that’s what we try to do. Everything is great about my marriage. First and foremost, we love each other, truly love each other in a way that’s very deep and meaningful, not in a superficial sort of way. There’s a deep respect, admiration and love for each other.”
Get more J. Lo & Marc Anthony news:
- Jennifer Lopez Will Reportedly Go Topless In ‘What To Expect When You’re Expecting’! Wow!
- Russ Says: It Would Be In Jennifer Lopez’s Best Interests To Return To ‘American Idol’ — Here’s Why!
- Jennifer Lopez Shoved Other Stars Aside To Meet Kate Middleton!