'Mob Wives' Drita D'avanzo & Karen Gravano Battle Over Drita's Husband! Did Drita Betray Karen?

Fri, May 13, 2011 11:33am EDT by 29 Comments

Karen dated Lee for 7 years — but then he married Drita! Now, the women have to figure out how to resolve their issues as ‘Mob Wives’ co-stars!

Drita D’avanzo can’t understand why her Mob Wives co-star Karen Gravano, who just recently returned to Staten Island after years of absense, is making such a big deal about Drita’s marriage to Lee D’avanzo. Sure Lee is Karen’s ex-boyfriend, but that was 13 years ago!

“Listen, I was shocked [when Karen made a big fuss about her marriage],” Drita tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “I feel sorry for her. I have a family with him — and it’s kind of weird.”

Drita claims she didn’t steal Lee away from Karen. “When I was 19, I was friends with her for like a year or two,” says Drita. “I really did like Karen a lot. [But] Karen just moved on with her life. We stopped being friends. She met someone and that was it. I just never really saw her anymore. She moved and I didn’t see her or really speak to her ever again.”

“I’ve had a friend — my best friend — sleep with my boyfriend when I was younger. That’s painful — that’s not funny,” continues Drita. “If I stole Lee, if I was sleeping with him while he was with her — these things mean something.” But Drita emphasizes that her relationship with Lee didn’t start until he was officially broken up with Karen.

But Karen has a different view on the situation. “Lee was a big part of my life,” Karen tells HollywoodLife.com. “We were together for seven years of my adult life from the time I was 19 till 27. We lived together for four years in Arizona and Staten Island.”

“I thought coming back — it’s definitely behind me. To me, he is my ex boyfriend,” confesses Karen. “But Drita and I never really resolved the issue — and Drita didn’t tell me.”

So now Karen and Drita have to work out the their hurt feelings and mixed emotions when it comes to the subject of Lee.

But BFFs, we want to know — how would you feel if your friend married your ex-boyfriend? Share your thoughts with us!

- Lindsey DiMattina and Jessica Finn

More Mob Wives Stories:

1. Karen & Drita Will Have Tension Over Lee!
  2. Renee Graziano: I Don’t Want My Son To Go To Jail!
  3. Karen Wasn’t In The Witness Protection Program!

Michele

Posted at 8:13 AM on August 23, 2011

That’s it? Thought I’d check in one last time. For the record, I agree with “Karen and Bri.” Fun! Naughty fun.

josie

Posted at 11:59 PM on July 27, 2011

Lee & Karen: In any relationship or friendship lasting more than six months, there has to be a bond/connection that has been built. Seven years as a couple and 5 years living together, in most states, that’s considered ‘common-law marriage’.

Drita & Karen: You both considered the other a ‘friend’. Whether you’ve been through a little or a lot, you still were friends. You each know little secrets about each other, good or bad. Where I’m from, friends don’t date each other’s exes unless it’s okay for both parties (friends & exes). It’s natural to be attracted to your friends or siblings exes. It’s human nature. But at least talk to your ‘friend’, out of respect for the ‘friendship’, about your interest in her ex.

Karen feels hurt or betrayed by Drita. Obviously, Karen felt that their friendship was more than what it was for Drita. Drita probably believed that once Karen left, the friendship was dissolved. I didn’t know that friendships worked that way.

Karen should nix the book plans, or keep the chapter on Lee, out of it. Out of respect for the ‘non-friendship’ with Drita. I think the book is what started it all.

I hope all works out well for both.

Troy

Posted at 6:44 PM on July 15, 2011

Im not choosing either side because both women are at fault here. Personally, if i found out that someone was bangin my man, id hit em in the face with a cinder block.

denise mazzotti

Posted at 2:13 AM on June 29, 2011

May God bless all of you and keep you in his care.. Forgive me I have my favourites.. No disrespect.. Its just not karen.. But I’m sure there’s more to it all and I feel horrible to judge anyone.. Forgiveness is important.. We all want it.. We all must give it. Have mercy on peoples choices..we all make mistakes..there’s only one perfect person and they crucified him..

Mazy

Posted at 11:10 PM on July 3, 2011

Bringing a figure like Christ into this? I don’t care what your religion is — that’s weird. I feel like a schmuck, now, watching the same program you do. You seem misguided, angry and sad, and I hope that you learn to truly explore religion for it can be good and true in honest and open hearts. You seem bitter and angry, and I’m sorry for you. It’s just a show. About other people with strange priorities.

Maggie

Posted at 5:47 PM on July 16, 2011

Because she said ” God Bless”? Get a life will you please.

Mazy

Posted at 10:28 AM on July 18, 2011

No. Oh no — more illiterate crudeness. I was upset about the crucifixion-related remarks. I am a Christian, and my father was a wonderful minister who was very careful with his words and actions, in the true spirit of his beliefs.

I thought this was supposed to be a fun site about a silly show. I never encountered this before, but I guess I was lucky. Take care, “ladies.” And thank you for teaching me a lesson.

Mazy

Posted at 5:44 PM on July 24, 2011

Besides that, I agree with some of the points the d.m. person brought up — if you can untangle it enough to understand what i THINK she’s trying to say. And i wasn’t kidding, she sounds so angry, and it’s just a show! That’s why i made the other points. But Yes, live and let live as long as you’re not hurting people. Drita’s my favorite too because she seems like the most honest one.

Karen & Bri

Posted at 9:48 AM on August 4, 2011

Uhhh ya. God & cross talk is a buzzkill. Huh? But anyway, we think the producers are making this a big deal. It doesn’t make sense!

Michele

Posted at 8:07 PM on August 9, 2011

THIS is some FUNNY stuff!!! Thank you, on so many levels. :)I just had to say it. Never posted before EVER on a site like this…

denise mazzotti

Posted at 1:52 AM on June 29, 2011

Team Drita! Big time. Hello karen you hater.. Don’t hate the player hate the game.. You were not loyal to your man u cheated on him. You had no respect .. You get know respect back.. Respect u earn.. Male or female loyalty is loyalty.. Beside if you gave to shits about your friend why didn’t you keep intouch..that something friends do.. Did you even send a christmas card..besides.. He’s an X for a reason.. He deserved a women to be loyal.. And from what I see he Found her.. God Bless Drita decisions to stand by the rat bastard but that’s her husband.. HUSBAND she one up you .. Your only an X.. The mother of his children.. She one up you again.. Your still only an X.. Beside lee and drita will be granmdparnt together on day.. Get wit it.. Your 7 years ant shit. That the father of her children.. And I’m sorry if you we’re falling off a clif at the same time as lee.. Guess who shed save.. You look jealous.. Drita has a much better personality and look.. Best of all she understand the code of silence.. Unlike u karen..weather she told u or not. If you wanted to move past it.. You should have.. Shit happens . It did.. I’m sure when they were hooking up neither were thinking of you.. Is that’s the real problem your egos bent. You weren’t enough to stop the passion they had for eachother.. There only problem is you’ll take revenge.. What ever secret you have.. Will soon be an open book.. Like father like daughter..I don’t know either of you but you both should forgive if your friendships worth it. And if not maybe vh1 will do a spin of on drita.. Cause she make the show anyways

masey

Posted at 10:51 PM on June 26, 2011

karen only stated how she truly felt & she had every right to do that. drita couldn’t handle it. seems drita was insecure with the whole thing probably bcuz she knew it wasn’t right so she downplayed everything..her friendship with karen, karen’s relationship with lee. & carla seems to agree with drita but carla could care less, she’s just closer with drita. drita talks like karen is causing drama & is two-faced…i didn’t see it that way at all.

suli01

Posted at 12:14 PM on June 28, 2011

I totaly agree with you Masey.. I feel all Karen wanted was an apology how can someone just act like it shouldn’t phase them when she was with him for years regardless if whatever was going on in their relationship shouldn’t have given Drita the right like ok cool karen is gone and they r broken up so let me get with him. A true person that has a good heart wouldn’t do that even if karen left for a few months. Mind you Drita and Karen weren’t even in bad terms. So for Drita to do that …I say karma is a b#**h that’s why why he cheated on her several times..he was unloyal, Drita was unloyal so it will be that way .

Jessica

Posted at 9:13 PM on June 26, 2011

I don’t think Drita is a hoe, i just think Karen needs to get over it already it happened years ago their in today not yesterday. So Drita is with Lee, now don’t Karen got a kid to be thinking about or a book to be writing not some ex-man that she was cheating on with every other guy that walked by (According to tonight’s episode) the problem is getting old they just need to make up or go their own ways already.

sul01

Posted at 10:38 PM on June 26, 2011

The comment that was posted from a guy that knows a guy that personally knows Lee Drita did go back and say something to Lee she ratted on her what was her motive to be with him obviously. And Karen didn’t sleep with her supposed ex Drita was being an unloyal friend and Karen was with Lee till she was 27 years old ..so what ok doesn’t make it right that she cheated on Lee but because she cheated it didn’t give her the right to get with him.. Although now its too late and all karen wanted was an apology there is nothing wrong with wanting at least that she lived with him for 4 years and was with the guy for 7years ..

Sophia

Posted at 7:14 PM on June 21, 2011

I don’t know, if my friend married a guy that I was in a relationship with for seven years… Nobody’s perfect but Drita disrespected Karen, not to mention betrayed the girl, when she married Lee. Drita says that she and Karen weren’t friends when she hooked up with Lee and that’s B*LL, let me tell you why. Just because you haven’t seen or spoken to someone in a year, does that mean that you stop being friends with them? So what is she trying to say that if she hasn’t seen her cousin in a year that, that’s not her cousin anymore? Drita you are full of SH*T, you are not loyal and you don’t understand the meaning of friendship. I hope that Karen lays all your sh*t bare in her book!!! You are a SCUMBAG and I hope that Karen beats your a** in the finale.

Dritas Twin

Posted at 5:37 AM on June 20, 2011

Lame. Womp womp womp….

Beyoncca

Posted at 11:20 PM on June 1, 2011

Drita got so frustrated with Lee not giving her an answer as to when he will be home from jail. Lee was very vague.
Drita then told Lee that I’m done, I can’t wait any longer.

Lee couldn’t pretend to care less because in the next breath Lee says “what ever you dirty pu**y bit**”. Lee knew full well that VH1 was recording all calls, yet he didn’t mind putting Drita’s business out there.
Perhaps when you date your bestfriends ex it’s impossible for the guy to respect you.
I hardly doubt Karen would want a man that only calls home to place his grocery orders. Plus, Lee probably has dropped the soap a time or two.

Penny

Posted at 12:05 AM on May 30, 2011

Is Karen’s daughter’s father black?

Bri

Posted at 1:07 AM on June 27, 2011

yes he is. clearly :)

Bri

Posted at 1:07 AM on June 27, 2011

yes he is. clearly

21_new

Posted at 8:24 PM on May 29, 2011

Drita is a hoe! she may have even planned the whole thing. That tuff girl routine is very old too, get a life Drita

just me

Posted at 12:06 PM on May 16, 2011

well i was in sort of the same sitution when my daugters father use to talk to my cousin they were in high school together but everytime he would call her house she would put me on the phone then they just stopped talking they NEVER WERE IN A RELATIONSHIP so years go by and im older now and i see him we start talkin and end up i a 13 year relationship with two girls and she still go’s around SAYING I USE TO TALK TO HIM FIRST like i stole him or underhandly stole him from her than i use to date this other guy for like 2 years and my bf ended up dating him so i understand where they both are comming from but i dont think any body should fight over a GUY

2 cents

Posted at 3:56 PM on May 15, 2011

K so I know someone that is friends with the guy Lee and this is what he told me. Karen dated lee for years and was friends with drita. Lee hated Drita and never wanted Karen to hang with the girl but she did anyway. Well when karen broke away because Lee was a controll freak. Karen started to date a black guy and “someone” told lee so he went and beat up karen and then started to date all her friends to get back at her. Drita is the one that told Lee about karen dating a black guy because she knew Lee was raciast and he would never want to be with karen again. Drita wanted lee because at the time all the girls wanted him because he was tuff and had money.As soon as karen moved away Drita and Lee came out as a couple. So karen don’t trust drita and is not sure if Drita was the one that hummmmmm makes you think. Karens daughter is 12 and karen and lee broke up 13 years ago the time frame fits the sitution.

Gazmend

Posted at 9:41 PM on May 24, 2011

That doesn’t make sense….if you hated someone why would you marry them…its apparant that Karen was the girl “around the way” to get with.
And when Lee broke up with Karen to date and marry and have children with Drita. It pissed Karen off, so she dated a “black guy” just to spite Lee.
I don’t know, it just makes more sense…

Toni

Posted at 3:06 PM on June 20, 2011

No, it doesn’t make any sense. Karen doesn’t want Lee at all, she just wanted the truth, she wants to put all of it behind her, but just wanted to clear everything and that is what a real true friend does, so that there will be no misunderstanding. It’s too bad, that Drita is so insecure and she is angry, and yeah I bet she is angry at Lee, with all this going on, Drita has to deal with her kids missing their dad and she has to put up with Lee disrespecting her while on the phone, meaning if Lee doesn’t get his way he is going to have a tantrum and start cursing up a storm at Drita and treat her like shyt and not caring how Drita will feel, because that is how a Controlling, Abusing, No good for nothing of a man will do and that is what Lee is all about. Lee doesn’t care for Drita and I’m sure she knows it and she knows that she is sticking with him even though he treats her like shyt, curse at her as if she is a man, Lee doesn’t respect Drita, and I’m sure she knows it and it bothers her and with that she is angry and she is going to take it out on Karen, who she is closer to but has this thing between them. But if Drita understood where Karen was coming from it will be done and they will remain friends, trust me their friendship will last longer than Drita’s marriage with Lee….

Rachael

Posted at 3:39 PM on May 14, 2011

On a whim I decided to dvr the Mob Wives and watch them all Saturday morning. What have I been missing!!?!? These b*tches are crazy. LOL! But back to the issue at hand- this is why its so hard for females to get along. Karen is mad at Drita for marrying her ex? Hello! And ex is an ex for a reason! Just because you were with him before doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the right to move on with his life. If the guy was with any other woman but Drita, Karen would still have a problem with it! Its just how simpleminded females are. Its ridiculous! Get over it and grow up. The guy is locked up! She should be thanking her lucky stars she ducked a deadbeat.

jj

Posted at 9:43 AM on May 14, 2011

I watched the preview of the 5th show and when karen confronts drita, drita don’t want to talk about it. Drita don’t want to get called out for the hoe she is. There is no way you get with your friends ex and not want to talk about it with or say you are sorry I don’t care how long ago it was, drita is not as strong as she claims because she can’t face what she did was wrong.

MD

Posted at 2:32 PM on May 13, 2011

NO I would never get with my friend ex after they were together for seven years.that is just wrong! Some things you just dont do