Gossip Girl creator Stephanie Savage spilled season 4 secrets with HollywoodLife.com – including when Little J is making her big comeback!
We’ve all heard that rumors that 17-year-old Taylor Momsen‘s real-life bratty behavior was affecting her work on Gossip Girl, and we’ve got the scoop on her return to the small screen as Jenny ‘Little J’ Humphrey. So when will Taylor be returning, if at all?
“She’s definitely back, and I don’t want to say exactly when, but it will be much later than episode 4,” the CW series’ creator, Stephanie Savage, revealed exclusively to HollywoodLife.com during a phone interview Sept. 10. Well, that’s a relief for Jenny fans — but will she be the changed woman we hoped she’d become last season?
“The changes we’ve been tracking in Jenny on the show are definitely related to her growing up and becoming comfortable on the Upper East Side, which is what we’ve seen building since season 2. She’s come back to us as a slightly different version of Jenny. She’s definitely thinking about her future, trying to clear her head and get out of the Upper East Side game and focus on fashion. Of course, that clear-headedness WILL be challenged!”
So what other secrets did Stephanie spill?
- Well, Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester) may be doing the nasty, but there’s a good chance they’re NOT getting back together — this season, at least. “Happiness does NOT generate a lot of story,” she said, adding, “Blair and Chuck will very much be in each other’s stories and are very much working out their issues with each other. As Serena (Blake Lively) says to Blair in the second episode, ‘You don’t have to forgive him.’ They’re a long way from reconciliation and peace.”
- There are cameos galore! “We’ve been lucky with our cameos – we have two episodes that focus on Fashion’s Night Out, including a party at the Boom Boom Room hosted by Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner. Tim Gunn also appears as himself. Blair has a big 20th birthday party too and there are some fun cameos there!”
- Gossip Girl plans on jet-setting! “We had so much fun doing the Paris episodes, but now that we’ve done it we’re pretty fearless and ready to do it again. We want to take the show on the road, to Tokyo or somewhere in Italy or Buenos Aires. World travel is pretty organic to these guys! We’d love to do a spring break episode where they go skiing in Aspen or Whistler.”
- Real-life lovers Blake Lively and Penn Badgley are NOT trying to get their characters to reunite! “There’s no pressure from them – not at all! The actors are really open to doing whatever, but the fans definitely want [Dan and Serena] back together.”
- WILL we ever find out who Gossip Girl is? “Maybe on the last episode ever,” Stephanie told us. “It’s a larger conversation for the entire series [of Cecily von Ziegesar's books] and not just for the television series!”