We’re still speechless over the Season 6 finale of ‘Game Of Thrones.’ Lyanna Stark was revealed to be the biological mother of one very important character, so we put together a list of things you absolutely need to know about her! Check it out.
Lyanna Stark had quite a pivotal moment in the Season 6 finale of Game Of Thrones — some are even calling it a game changer. She was revealed to be the biological mother of [SPOILER], which basically changes everything you thought you knew about GoT.
To find out more about Lyanna, who died after giving birth to JON SNOW, keep reading. We put together a list of five things you definitely need to know!
1. Lyanna is dead when the events of the series begin, but she is seen in flashbacks throughout Season 6.
2. Lyanna is the younger sister of major character Ned Stark, who was executed in the Season 1 finale.
3. Lyanna was supposed to marry Robert Baratheon, but she was kidnapped by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen.
4. Her kidnapping contributed to the outbreak of Robert’s Rebellion. She died near the very end of the rebellion, but the circumstances surrounding her death were always shrouded in mystery — that is, until the Season 6 finale.
5. In the Season 6 finale, we discovered her death was caused by complications from childbirth. She actually gave birth to a baby boy — Jon Snow — but before she died, she asked her brother Ned to keep her son safe. She feared the wrath of Robert ie he found out the truth of Jon’s parentage, which is implied to be with Rhaegar.
Were you as shocked as we were?! We’re still reeling from that insane season finale.
HollywoodLifers, did YOU love the season finale of Game Of Thrones? Vote in our poll and then tell us how you feel below!