‘Glee': Did Ryan Murphy Fire Naya Rivera? — The Truth Revealed

Fri, May 16, 2014 5:49pm EDT by 19 Comments
Glee Naya Rivera
Courtesy of Fox/Oxygen

Lea+Cory

Posted at 10:09 PM on July 5, 2014

Even though Lea Michele is the main character in most of it, but Naya Rivera BELONGS there, I think Ryan Murphy is STUPID.

Tanée Kempenaers

Posted at 3:23 PM on June 5, 2014

If Naya doesn’t come back, it’s over for glee! Naya is one of the best reason why they still got ratings! And without Naya there is no glee! I don’t want naya back because I love her caracter, I mean I do but I want her back because Santana showed me who I really was and she helped me with that and Brittany too actually Brittana helped me and if Santana doesn’t come back, there is no Brittana and that breaks my heart because want them to get a happy ending, I care about them and they made my life a better place! Just remember that FOX and i’m not the only one!!!

Jonathan T

Posted at 2:05 AM on May 28, 2014

This is lousy reporting! So many juvenile word twisted statements and contradictions

Naya Supporter

Posted at 1:48 AM on May 25, 2014

Love Naya forever. Only will watch if she’s in it

Riefah

Posted at 9:24 AM on May 19, 2014

so true no Naya No glee she makes the show a hit show……..not only must she return the show needs to show more about whats happening in santanas life………we love you Naya

SallySemings

Posted at 11:50 PM on May 18, 2014

No Naya No Glee.

And it isn’t a hit show.

NoJustWanky

Posted at 6:07 PM on May 18, 2014

Don’t read this post it is complete BS. The article is literally accusing Ryan on LYING when he said that NAYA IS STILL ON CONTRACTTTTTTT ugh k bye

mon

Posted at 5:17 PM on May 18, 2014

they have to bring her back ,if nothing else to put a ending to brit and santanas story line.

LoisLayne

Posted at 12:04 PM on May 18, 2014

So many people are pitting these two girls against each other and it is ridiculous. They are both talented.

But, the thing is, they are *both* talented. This was always an ensemble. It was never The Rachel Berry show. Because the way Rachel’s character is she can come off obnoxious and unlikable when she doesn’t have other people to balance her out.

The truth is the chemistry between Santana/Rachel was insane these past two seasons. Everyone noticed. Their songs were some of the few to chart on iTunes. They won the PCA. They work well *together*. BECAUSE they are both talented. Because Naya is one of the few to rise to Lea’s level in every single scene (Amber is a great singer but not a great actor, Chris is a good actor but very low-key, Darren and Chord both fail to rise to the level). Other characters get swept up and let her be the focus whereas Santana so easily interacts as an equal. Every single time. Even when they aren’t fighting and are friendly she is never Rachel’s pet. And you NEED that in a show. A show needs equals who interact not everyone fawning over Rachel.

Cory was great at doing that too. At always being Lea’s acting equal and never letting her dominate. Sadly, he is gone.

Maybe they fought because Naya doesn’t like not being the stay (personally I find it dubious that suddenly in season 5 that is an issue for her there had to be more). And, if true, that sucks because it is just the way the show is and she should get used to it. BUT the reason Santana works. And the reason Santana/Rachel works is because Naya never ever plays it like Santana is a secondary character in someone else’s life. Santana is the main character in her own story (like most of us are in our own minds) and Rachel is her friend not her protagonist. And that is why she was brilliant. So, even if true, that tension worked for the show. It was the only thing left that was working.

WebsterNelly

Posted at 11:52 AM on May 18, 2014

Hit show? It was beat by the CW! It got a .6 in the demo in the finale. Which was down 3 points from the previous episode only a week before. This is not a hit show. It would be cancelled if Fox hadn’t made a mistake last season and given it two seasons.

Naya Rivera was expendable prior to this season but with so many people gone she was the last good thing left. (No offense to Lea but Rachel has been completely destroyed. It isn’t her fault but Rachel isn’t enough to stay for.)

brecia

Posted at 7:07 AM on May 18, 2014

If naya isn’t coming back to glee I will not watch the show anymore because I love her character and the show wouldn’t be the same without her

SandraLDominguez (@SandraLDomingue)

Posted at 12:20 PM on May 17, 2014

Star­­­­t m­­­­aking cash right now… G­­­­et more t­­­­ime with you­­­­r family by do­­­­ing jobs that only require for you to have a c­­­­omputer and an internet access and you can have th­­­­at at your home. Start bringin­­­­g up to $8012 a mont­­­­h. I’ve started this job and I­­­­’ve never been­­­­ happ­­­­ier and now I am sharing it wit­­­­h you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here………
..>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ­­W­­W­­W­­.­­H­­U­­LUJ­­O­­B.C­­O­­M­­
۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞­۩ஜ

Alexia jones

Posted at 10:46 AM on May 17, 2014

I will not watch the show without her , its just won’t be the same without her , so many characters are already gone and its already to different , another character leaving will just be too much , I miss the old glee , where everything actually mwnt something . the old cast . is where my heart it .

Barbz

Posted at 10:43 AM on May 17, 2014

I hate the fact that Naya is out as she was one of the best things left in gleeglee.Ryan is completely out of his mind to even put it under consideration

not important

Posted at 9:38 AM on May 17, 2014

Just put Adam Lambert back on. They screwed themselves the first time they failed to cast him and he became a huge star on American Idol. Now he is freash, funny and hotter than the sun. Ryan Murphy give him his own show. I’d watch that.

Mélanie Casau

Posted at 3:59 AM on May 17, 2014

I’m a huge Glee fan and have enjoyed everyone from the beginning. However, let’s face it, this season didn’t work. As soon as the glee club was disbanded, the show should have ended. The last half of the season was painful and boring. I can’t imagine any of them returning. By the time 2015 rolls in, I will have moved on. Thanks for the memories McKinney Glee Club.

Mister Baja

Posted at 12:43 AM on May 17, 2014

he is a goddamn racist, a former ku klux klan leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucretiabcox (@lucretiabcox)