Michelle Knight: Why Her Son, Now 14, Will Never Know Her Identity

Mon, May 5, 2014 10:25am EDT by 19 Comments 54,645 Article Views
Michelle Knight Memoir Ariel Castro Kidnapping
Courtesy of NBC

Susan

Posted at 1:11 PM on July 8, 2014

Why wouldn’t you tell her son. I would think it would make him feel good to know his mother did not just walk away from him. Sounds like the adoptive parents are a little in secure. She deserves to know her son.

Susan

Posted at 2:18 PM on June 24, 2014

I think she should be able to see her son. She did not give him up willingly and for her family to was horrible. Besides how wonderful would it be for him too know that his mom did not give him up or abandon him??

Joana Isabel Coll Truyol

Posted at 7:48 AM on June 9, 2014

I wish Michelle to be such a lucky lady so that she can enjoy the life she has now.

Kathy

Posted at 6:23 AM on June 3, 2014

Just read Michelle book and I think she must be the strongest person on this earth. Michelle I wish you all the happiness you deserve and that one day Joey will come looking for you. A mothers love is strong. Don’t give up you are a truly enspiring person and I wish I could meet you.

Debbie

Posted at 12:46 AM on May 8, 2014

She should be able to see her son…her story could be told to him later in his life…Michelle you are a role model like no other…well (God comes first)…stay strong and hold on to God our father…we all support you girl…

Karen Russell

Posted at 12:30 AM on May 8, 2014

I work in the adoption field and am an adoptive parent. I can say that someday this boy will find out who his birth mother is and will be really angry with his adoptive parents for lying to him all his life! Adoptive kids have a need and right to know who they are and their history! Its a part of who they are. There is no doubt that they think they are protecting him, but there not! They are very misguided and need to discuss with professionals who work with adoptive kids!

Debbie

Posted at 12:46 AM on May 8, 2014

You are so right…

Joy

Posted at 4:21 PM on May 7, 2014

She is on Dr. Phil today talking about her family.

sarah

Posted at 10:12 AM on May 7, 2014

I’m surprised that her son was given up for adoption at all. If anything happened to my kids, I would hold onto my grandchild for dear life.

JH

Posted at 6:39 PM on May 7, 2014

Her family thought she left. They didn’t believe she was kidnapped. That said I totally agree! If my child was gone in any way (even if of their own free will) I would NEVER in a million years give away their child my grandchild. But then everything I’ve heard of her family seems like they weren’t that great to her in the first place. So sad. I hope some day she can see her son again.

Joann Amore

Posted at 9:02 PM on May 7, 2014

That is probably why she will not have anything to do with them.

Farm School Marm

Posted at 7:27 PM on May 6, 2014

How very sad that the child’s adoptive parents would keep a child from one of his most intimate relationships – and prevent a mother from reuniting with her son. Hopefully her son will have access to his birth certificate one day and know the truth. On that day, his adoptive parents will regret not telling him. No person has the right to deny another the knowledge of their own biology.

Kevin Fields

Posted at 10:13 AM on May 6, 2014

We only know one side of the story, and there are at least two others here that aren’t being told, and most likely none of our business. No, this isn’t illegal, as Michelle went missing and responsibility of custody of her son fell on her parents. For whatever reasons, they felt that letting another family adopt him was the best thing to do. And, we don’t know whats going on in the lives of his new family, or with him personally. It may be in his best interest that he not know he truth right now. I hope one day he does ask those questions, or figures out the answers on his own, and that he can be reunited. But don’t place judgment on Ms. Knight’s parents or her son’s adoptive family. Instead, simply pray for them.

janstewartphotography

Posted at 8:11 AM on May 7, 2014

Pray for them? They deliberately kept/are keeping a child from his mother…..who through no fault of her own no longer has access to her child? Sure I will pray……that the earth opens up and this mother gains access to her offspring……

janstewartphotography

Posted at 2:17 AM on May 6, 2014

wow wouldn’t that be illegal?

Dorkzilla

Posted at 9:33 PM on May 5, 2014

I think it’s screwed up the boy’s adoptive parents want her identity kept a secret from him. She should sue for visitation. She didn’t give him up. He has a right to know his mother and know she never abandoned him. Selfish, entitled adopters and nothing more. They probably raised him to believe she was dead and were secretly hoping she was so he couldn’t have a relationship with her when he came of age. Michelle is too nice. She deserves a relationship with her son whether his entitled wanna be parents like it or not.

MKAT

Posted at 6:58 PM on May 7, 2014

AMEN. Selfish, child-entitled bastards. It’s not like Lily doesn’t have the financial means or lacks stability. She’s proven she’s MORE then capable of earning her keep. It’s so sad to think she doesn’t have Gina or her family in her life, let alone her own family. Lily can’t even have babies of her own anymore. Selfish, selfish people.

atobage (@atobage)

Posted at 8:37 PM on May 5, 2014

my friend’s sister-in-law makes $60 hourly on the computer. She has been out of work for ten months but last month her check was $13733 just working on the computer for a few hours. . …….:> J­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­O­­­­­­­­­­­­B­­­­­­­­­­­­S­­­­­­­­­­­­6­­­­­­­­­­­­0­­­­­­­­­­­­.­­­­­­­­­­­­C­­­­­­­­­­­­O­­­­­­­­­­­­M­­­­­­­­­­­­
۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

dunjav2013

Posted at 1:27 PM on May 5, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.