Toddler Has Adorable Argument With Mom For Cupcakes — Watch

Tue, March 11, 2014 4:51pm EST by 27 Comments

This super cute 3-year-old has quite the compelling argument as to why he should be allowed to eat cupcakes for dinner. Would you let him win? Watch right here!

Watch as this toddler argues with his mom after he tries to sneak a cupcake for dinner. He makes some valid points!

3-Year-Old Argues Mom For Cupcakes

After going behind his mother’s back and asking his grandparents if he could have a cupcake, Matthew Beltran, the adorable 3-year-old featured in the video, had quite the argument with his mom, Linda. Matthew declared that she needed to relax and know that everything in grandma’s house was “okay” to be eaten. Even the alleged cupcakes as a substitute for dinner!

During the video, which has since gone viral, the little boy even calls him mom by her first name, Linda, and asks her repeatedly to listen to him.

“Linda, Linda, Linda, listen, listen to me…,” the boy can be heard before making more and more completely valid points as to why he should be allowed a cupcake. Cupcakes for everyone!

Toddler Who Argued For Cupcakes Has Hilarious Past — Pics & Video

Matthew’s Mom Speaks About Viral Video

Linda, who works as a customer representative, did an interview explaining Matthew’s argument with her company’s website, UberSpotlight.

“If Mateo feels the need and has a valid argument, he will be sure to voice it. He felt he didn’t need to eat dinner since he already had lunch, and that cupcakes were a suitable compromise,” Linda explained. Yes, her cutie pie son Matthew should most definitely be a lawyer when he grows up!

While mom Linda is hoping for some recognition from Ellen DeGeneres, she thinks Matthew would much rather use his internet fame to meet a bunch of superheroes.

“He could have a pretty serious conversation with Batman, Spiderman, and Superman. Wait, I can’t forget Ironman and the guy with the ice that goes sswwooossshhh. That would be good,” Linda shares.

Hopefully, Matthew gets to debate with some superheroes very soon!

Tell us, HollyMoms — What do you think about this adorable video?

– Lauren Cox

More Related News:

1. Sleeping Baby Wakes Up To Hilarious Dance Party In Backseat — Watch
  2. Adorable Video Of 4-Year-Old Crying Over ‘Say Something’ Goes Viral
  3. Two Baby Boys Babble In Baby Talk — Must Watch Viral Video!

Mercedes Mendoza

Posted at 7:29 PM on March 15, 2014

He is so adorable and I wold let him get the cupcake for dinner just because he is to adorable.

Mags

Posted at 8:41 PM on March 15, 2014

Problem is, this is cute at 3 but not at 13.

Terronda

Posted at 11:03 AM on March 14, 2014

Next President! All she has to do is channel it.

Dura Jon

Posted at 4:39 AM on March 14, 2014

I quit working at shoprite and now I make $35h – $80h…how? I’m working online! My work didn’t exactly make me happy so I decided to take a chance on something new… after 4 years it was so hard to quit my day job but now I couldn’t be happier. Heres what I do, >>>>>>>>

————– W­WW.D­ITJ­OB­S.C­O­M

Mel Rose

Posted at 2:33 PM on March 13, 2014

Oh come on you I cannot believe that any of you think that this kid is gang material because he calls his mom by her first name….. toddlers do that when they hear everyone else called by their first name. As a child psychologist this is a healthy young boy who has a wonderful outgoing sense of humor. THIS IS A VIDEO GUYS the mom let it go because she wants to capture her son in a cute funny way. I would hate to see how the children of those below complaining he is disrespectful, Stepford kids. Just stop making this bigger than it really is. I hear so much judgement in parents today because they all figure that their children are perfect and can do no wrong. your day will come. THis makes me cringe…that people react like this.

tammie mills

Posted at 2:06 PM on March 13, 2014

I love this..so cute

youngkide

Posted at 6:00 AM on March 13, 2014

Come on now, I’m sure Linda disciplines Mateo well. It’s good let your kids speak and voice their opinion too. So stop the gangsta-wife-beating tone down already.

ariiibb

Posted at 4:38 AM on March 13, 2014

I need to record my kids they’re 2 & 3 and always have something to talk about lol little kids are sooo funny :-D

Mel Rose

Posted at 11:59 PM on March 12, 2014

George Lopez mini me…… Really funny. All you who say he is disrespectful get a life he is a cute kid and he knows it too. She was filming it he was supposed to be interrupting and acting goofy.

Dekko

Posted at 10:34 PM on March 12, 2014

Wondering who talks like tht in his house! Kids copy behaviour. ! When will poor mother do rest of the work!!!
Not cute but irritating. All the best Linda ! Hope this doesn’t grow with age!! Also: pls try n not encourage it.

Anathema Device

Posted at 6:41 PM on March 12, 2014

Of course he’s adorable now–he’s 3 years old and he’s copying his father, BUT…allowing him to call her by her first name, interrupt her, and act that way won’t be cute when he’s 23 and in lockdown for beating his wife or disrespecting an officer of the law or stealing. Seems like we have a little “gangsta” in the making. I’d cut that short quick, or you’ll suffer the consequences.

Carlos

Posted at 8:41 PM on March 13, 2014

Give me a break with the future gangsta stuff. I suppose you would put him in time out or prescribe him medications. Lol- he is just a little kid and will make a great attorney.

Mariana

Posted at 6:58 PM on March 16, 2014

Are you serious? that is a cruel way of thinking and predicting how this kids life will be. He is only three years old! Not to mention his mother stated that she taught him how to say her first name because Linda and her husband say a lost child at a waterpark one day and the kid didn’t know his mothers name. It was a smart move for her to teach him her name for safety and for an emergency. apparently this time it was a cupcake emergency lol Leave the mother alone she knows what she is doing, Mateo will be a very successful man one day.

MJ

Posted at 4:03 PM on March 12, 2014

The child is willful, in my opinion.

sarah

Posted at 12:42 PM on March 12, 2014

Jealous much??? His cute an will get far. Im sure his mother installed good values in him. Please people bear in mind that his 3!!!!!!!!!!

0205aryannast

Posted at 9:50 AM on March 12, 2014

cute

abigail_nuno92@yahoo.com

Posted at 3:20 AM on March 12, 2014

Mexicans or Hispanics or just Spanish I think (haha) use two names for English and Spanish. In Spanish Mathew is Mateo. Like we also use Jesus in English and Chuy in Spanish. :p

Dana

Posted at 4:02 PM on March 12, 2014

He is Filipino ..

EK099

Posted at 1:15 AM on March 12, 2014

He is too cute! Funny video.

me

Posted at 9:53 PM on March 11, 2014

It’s like he may be copying his father because he doesn’t sound like he’s arguing over cupcakes.This cute kid is too much he sounds like he’s heard his dad saying stuff to the mom because he calls her Linda and Honey and is arguing about household stuff.

A Taylor

Posted at 3:08 PM on March 12, 2014

yeah lord like dad this little boy is………..sorry fo his wife

l

Posted at 8:57 PM on March 11, 2014

“Linda, honey”
I can’t, this kid is too much!

Mrs. wright

Posted at 8:57 PM on March 11, 2014

Honey, honey come on listen to me Linda!!! This boy would make me crazy!!!!! It is so hilarious to watch, but I give her credit for not losing her cool with him!!! So funny, but makes me glad my kids aren’t that age anymore.

ceciliastar

Posted at 7:31 PM on March 11, 2014

“Linda, Linda, listen to me! No, listen to ME!” LOL!

Suzan Dudmanlyb

Posted at 5:44 PM on March 11, 2014

upto I saw the check which was of $4750 , I didn’t believe that…my… neighbour was like they say realey taking home money in there spare time on-line. . there uncle started doing this for under 18 months and resently cleard the debts on their appartment and got a top of the range Dodge . Visit Website ,>>>>>>>>
W­WW.D­ITJ­OB­S.C­O­M

Jill

Posted at 6:09 PM on March 11, 2014

Correction…. “No” respect….

eddy p

Posted at 10:46 AM on March 13, 2014

He needs to learn some respect. He should not be calling his mother by her first name. Funny at first, but needed to be nipped in the bud. You listen to me young. I am the parent not you.