Would you support Caroline & Stefan finally getting together? New details about an upcoming episode hint that ‘Steroline’ is a possibility.
In my opinion, the writing has been on the wall for a while: Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) are bound to get together eventually; not only because he’s one of the only guys left on her Mystic Falls checklist, but because they’ve had crazy chemistry for years. When The Vampire Diaries returns Jan. 23, it sounds like ‘Steroline’ could begin to find its footing.
Caroline & Stefan: Is ‘Steroline’ A Go?
Caroline makes a stunning confession to Elena, then has to face the consequence of her actions with Stefan and Tyler.
It doesn’t take a psychic to read between the lines and gather that both Elena and Tyler will have strong opinions about Caroline and Stefan finally becoming a thing, if that is what actually happens. Back in 2010 — a stranger time for HollywoodLife.com, when we literally used exclamation points in headlines — I went on a brief rant about why Stefan belongs with Caroline, so I can’t say I’m at all upset about this development.
Keep in mind, this is pure speculation on my part. I know there are plenty of fans rooting for Caroline and Klaus (Joseph Morgan) to get together eventually, and I’m not hating on that possibility. In fact, with the possibility of Klaus returning to The Vampire Diaries this season, it’s entirely possible he’s the one Caroline’s confession is all about.
‘Vampire Diaries': More Scoop From Season 5, Episode 12
But Stefan and Caroline’s potential connection isn’t the episode’s only source of drama. Here’s a brief rundown of some of the other twists you can expect Jan. 30:
1. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) bonds with Enzo (Michael Malarkey) over a “gruesome” act of revenge.
2. Matt (Zach Roerig) finds himself “in an awkward and confusing” situation with Nadia (Olga Fonda.)
3. Aaron (Shaun Sipos) attempts to “make amends for his family’s past misdeeds and start a new life for himself.”
4. And because she just can’t catch a break, “Elena suddenly finds herself in a life-threatening situation with only minutes to figure out how to save herself.” Poor girl.
HollywoodLifers, are you excited for Stefan and Caroline’s inevitable hookup? And do you think everybody should just let them be? Drop a comment with your thoughts on ‘Steroline’ below!
— Andy Swift
More ‘Vampire Diaries':
- Ian Somerhalder & Nina Dobrev Win Favorite On-Screen Chemistry
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Pics: The Gang Says Goodbye To Katherine On Episode 100
- Hottest TV Couple Of 2013: Klaus & Caroline Of ‘The Vampire Diaries’