‘Breaking Bad’ Star Anna Gunn: Lupus To Blame For Weight Change?

Fri, December 27, 2013 8:49pm EDT by 13 Comments 11,360 Article Views
Jason Merritt/Entertainment/Getty Images

When Anna Gunn was last seen at the 2013 Emmy Awards, she looked drastically thinner. Many questioned why and how the ‘Breaking Bad’ actress had lost so much weight, and now an insider reveals to HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY that the award-winning star is reportedly battling lupus.

On Dec. 27, the same day that the world learned about Selena Gomez‘s alleged struggle with lupus, HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY learned that Breaking Bad‘s Anna Gunn may also have the disease. Sources close to the actress say she has displayed similar symptoms to Selena’s, including weight gain and puffiness. Find out more below!

Anna Gunn: Is Lupus The Reason For Her Weight Loss?

One thing is for sure — lupus does not affect one’s acting abilities. Anna won the 2013 Emmy Award for her riveting portrayal of Skylar White in Breaking Bad while she was allegedly battling the disease, a source close to the actress tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

When asked about her weight loss at the Governor’s Ball after the 65th Annual Emmy Awards in September, the actress told People “I was actually ill while I was filming the show, and it affected my weight. They gave me cortisone and I puffed up and gained weight. Now I’m better, thank God.”

Anna did not reveal what she was actually suffering from at the time, but HollywoodLife.com has learned the truth from a source close to the star.

“Anna Gunn has lupus, but it’s not widely known. This is why she looked heavier in Breaking Bad, the steroid injections cause swelling and weight gain. It’s been a challenge for her, but she takes good care of herself as best she can,” an insider tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

Luckily, Anna has other celebs to lean on for support. In addition to Selena, Toni Braxton is one celebrity who has been quite vocal about her struggles with lupus — when the singer was first diagnosed in 2010, she openly shared her health tips with the public. She even tweeted about it when her fans expressed concern, writing: “Just a lupus flare up, but I promise you all that I am ok! Love you all! Thanks so much for all of your support!”

From the looks of things, Anna has that same can-do attitude!

Why Selena Gomez Hides Her Alleged Lupus Condition

As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, Selena allegedly has lupus and has been hiding her disease from the public because “she is embarrassed by it.” So sad!

“Selena will not be happy that this is out there, she really wanted to keep this to herself,” an insider told us EXCLUSIVELY. “She doesn’t want it to effect people’s opinions of her and what she’s capable of. This is her own personal business and she wants to keep it that way.”

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Are you surprised that both Selena and Anna may have lupus?

–Reporting by Mickey Powell

More Celebrities With Lupus:

1. Selena Gomez’s Lupus: Why She Wants To Keep Her Struggles Private
  2. Selena Gomez Allegedly Battling Lupus — 10 Facts About The Disease
  3. Nick Cannon On Living With Lupus: ‘I Have To Be Around For My Children’

flexwell reviews

Posted at 10:57 PM on June 12, 2014

What’s up colleagues, fastidious post and good urging commented here, I am in fact enjoying by these.

Garcinia Wonder And Colon Cleanse Complete

Posted at 5:52 AM on April 21, 2014

Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my web site so i got
here to return the prefer?.I’m trying to in finding things to improve my website!I suppose its ok
to make use of some of your ideas!!

Muscle Rev Xtreme review

Posted at 4:48 PM on March 11, 2014

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification
appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider worries that they just do not know about.

You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect ,
people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
Thanks

raspberry ketones extract

Posted at 2:02 PM on February 25, 2014

I’m gone to inform my little brother, that he should also go to see this weblog
on regular basis to obtain updated from latest reports.

Wm

Posted at 2:33 PM on January 30, 2014

nice article. need to required for a very lazy blog writer like
me.

ayayay

Posted at 1:58 AM on January 4, 2014

I’m surprised that the author of this article doesn’t proofread before pupublishing. “Effect” and “affect” are not interchangeable!!!!

boog3rsugar

Posted at 4:36 AM on December 28, 2013

Reblogged this on Jessie Spencer's Blogspot.

patty

Posted at 12:31 AM on December 28, 2013

So sad to hear 2 stars in one day dealing with this disease. Stress in your life needs to be avoided.my mom dealt with the disease for 20 years before doctors knew much about it. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Iliveah Waters (@IliveahWaters)

Posted at 11:40 AM on January 1, 2014

You wouldn’t be sad if you realized this article is completely bogus. Gunn has zero signs/symptoms of Lupus. None. There are HUNDREDS of autoimmune disorders. Gunn does not have Lupus. _dr.W

Mister Baja

Posted at 12:00 AM on December 28, 2013

……Cancer?

CJ

Posted at 11:48 AM on December 30, 2013

No. Lupus complicated to understand sometimes, so here two explanations on what it is.
PubMedHealth.com description: Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue. It can affect the skin, joints, kidneys, brain, and other organs.

My description: Lupus is an autoimmune disease. The best way to explain is that your white blood cells no longer recognize your body. The white blood cells are what heal are body when you get sick ie: the flu, cold, pneumonia? Since the purpose of white blood cells job is get rid of all foreign things in body to protect you from getting sick it start attacking what it can to get rid of the sickness it thinks your body has. It goes after everything. Lungs, kidneys, heart, brain, joints, and whole bunch of other stuff.

It is an extremely painful disease. Based on the way your body reacts to it, anything can happen. Unexplained weight loss is a sign common to have before diagnosis. Weight gain is the one of the most common side effects to have after your diagnosis and you begin treatment. Steroids is the medicine used to treat it.

The important thing you must know and never forget is that everybodies case is different. Or for example: Jane, who has been diagnosed for a year, is feeling perfectly fine and her lupus is in remission. While John who was diagnosed at the same time is in a major flare and in the hospital because fluid has attacked his organs. Just because they have the same disease and were coincidently diagnosed at the same time doesn’t mean they should be feeling the same way.

I know this because I have Lupus. It has been an uphill battle. My doctors will not take me of the steroids because when try to slowly take me off of it I have a major flare and end up in the hospital. The more steroids you have the more weight you gain. I gained almost 200lbs. I’m on a high dose of prednisone, which is 25mg. It’s a painful disease to have but everyday we wake up alive is a day of accomplishment because made through another day.

Iliveah Waters (@IliveahWaters)

Posted at 11:38 AM on January 1, 2014

Leukocytes (white blood cells) have nothing to do with autoimmune disorders. The Lymphocytes (B & T cells) are hyperactive and malfunctioning in autoimmune disorders. Sorry you suffer with it. But your information is totally incorrect. Take a hematology course.

Anna Gunn has ZERO signs/symptoms of Lupus. NONE. Stop trying to play “physician”, HL, and go back to your brainless tabloid exploits.

alicedbishop (@alicedbishop)

Posted at 10:18 PM on December 27, 2013

my neighbor’s mom makes $87 an hour on the computer. She has been fired from work for 5 months but last month her pay was $13507 just working on the computer for a few hours. take a look at the site here====> JOBS25.C­O­M