‘Glee’ Goes Back In Time For ‘Previously Unaired Christmas’

Thu, December 5, 2013 9:30pm EDT by 16 Comments
Glee Christmas
Courtesy of Fox

b hogan

Posted at 12:05 AM on December 29, 2013

Just caught the show, on demand. Yes it is clear that it’s not a “lost” episode, and that it was filmed recently. Looking at Lea is enough to confirm that.

I believe and hope that the show will move to the New York side, although I wouldn’t want to lose Sue, Figgins, Marley, Schu and a couple of others. I guess Emma’s been lost to The Millers. Oh well…

Can they all somehow move to NYC? Seems unlikely.

Treven3750

Posted at 4:51 AM on December 7, 2013

This was probably one of the most pointless and boring episodes I’ve seen. This and the twerking episode are the pinnacle of everything that’s wrong with season 5. My honest problem with this “new” generation of Glee clulb members (Jake, Ryder, Marley, Kitty, and arguable worst of all, Unique) get almost NO character development. I mean half of them are replacements for past members (Jake – Puck, Unique – Mercedes, etc) but everytime there starts to be some decent plot involving these ‘newbies’, it is almost immidietly halted and never adressed. I mean let’s look at some of the major plots of Season 4 that I don’t think are even brought up ONCE in season 5. Kitty seems pretty easily forgiven for how horrible she made Marley feel. And the whole catfishing thing with Ryder and Unique was also never mentioned again. But back to what I was saying, back in the first few seasons, Finn, Puck, Kurt, Rachel, and the others the show really went into depth to emphasize some of the tough situations high schoolers deal with. These characters had heart, and whenever a decision was made, whether good or bad, you knew there was reason behind it. Admit it, the reason we don’t like these newbies too much is we know almost nothing about them. That’s also why characters from former seasons that barely got character development didn’t stick around, Like Joe Hart, Lauren Zizes, Matt Rutherford (the glee member who had like one line in season 1), etc. So if the show expects us to stick with this new generation of Glee kids, then let us know a little about these guys other than “Oh, I’m a teenage transexual”, “Oh, I have dyslexia”, “Oh, I’m very self conscious and socially awkward”. Give us some detail let us know and love these characters like we do Finn, Rachel, Kurt, Puck, and the rest.

ACE

Posted at 9:08 PM on December 6, 2013

Why were Tina and Sam seniors again? Are they not seniors now, too?

Treven3750

Posted at 4:22 AM on December 7, 2013

Season 5 takes place in the same school year as season 4, mainly because the creators created far too many subplots in season 4 to end the school year in that one season. Pretty dumb if you ask me but whatev

daisy

Posted at 9:22 AM on December 6, 2013

i just want a Blaine Angel….

Valeska

Posted at 8:57 AM on December 6, 2013

First off, this episode was neither “lost” nor “previously unaired”. It was written and filmed just a few weeks ago – most likely in an attempt to sell a christmas album even though it’s May in Glee-time right now, or so the writers could push graduation (the *only* thing viewers have actually been begging for) even further away. Trying to blame this hot mess on the fans is just adding insult to injury.

Secondly, this episode was just terrible. It wasn’t even cracky fun anymore – it was just offensive and badly written. Oh, sure, the “Here comes Santa Claus” performance at the mall was fun, as were all the Kurt/Rachel/Santana scenes in the first half of the episode. But other than that there was not a single good thing about it. And to have those three – who are doubtless the strongest singers on the show – waste their voices on a stupid song like that Chipmunk song … well, that’s just sad (and one of the reasons for why I won’t be buying any music from this episode).

And let’s look at the Kurt/Santa incident: This episode was supposed to be an alternative to the one in season 4, right? Set at the same time? So Kurt was what – 18? 19? At the time? Still a teenager in any case. I cannot believe anyone ever thought that a storyline about a drunk teenager being taken advantage of by a guy at least twice his age – a guy who then proceeded to tie him up against his will, gag him, and rob him – was a good storyline. Especially since the whole thing was played as a joke. Cause non-consensual sex is such a funny thing, right? Like, who ever thought that would make a nice story for a Christmas-themed episode? Or any episode really?

Also very disheartening is the fact that it is apparently very much okay for Kurt to grind against and basically dry-hump a half-naked stranger, kiss him, and possibly have sex with him – while at the same time he’s barely ever even allowed to touch (or heaven forbid kiss!) his actual fiancé. Let’s just say that the way Kurt acted with that Santa guy? He would never be allowed to be even half as sexual as that around Blaine. Cause that would be too gay for Glee. And apparently it’s only okay to do that with random strangers but not if you are in a solid and loving relationship. What a great message to send, Glee.

I’m not even gonna say much about the McKinley side because it was as boring and redundant as it always is these days. The only thing that can possibly make Glee better again is if they finally decide to drop the Lima side (and the boring newbies) and focus only on the graduates in New York. Maybe with less characters to write for the writers of Glee will finally be able to come up with some decent storylines again.

Becky

Posted at 8:25 PM on December 6, 2013

I havent seen the whole episode yet but if it was filmed last year cory should be in the episode tight? If I dont see him in it then I think your right

Becky

Posted at 8:27 PM on December 6, 2013

Sorry I meant to say right not tight. Lol

Schadenfreude

Posted at 4:23 AM on December 7, 2013

Ok, so they are just trying to stretch out the year, yet also get away with airing a Christmas episode around “real life” Christmastime. Thus, fake “unaired” episode. Thanks. I am less confused now.

From what I could tell, everything with Kurt was consensual, and he was fully clothed when he was tied up, so I believe it’s implied that nothing happened. He only regretted being tied up after he realized “Santa” just wanted to rob them.

Deryn

Posted at 4:38 PM on December 29, 2013

The whole thing was so offensive. For start, why are Kurt, Rachel and Santana the only elves who aren’t played by small people? How is that needed in anyway?! Then there’s Kitty’s entrance as Mary, I mean swearing while dressed as the Virgin Mary is so blasphemous and I’m Atheist! Then there’s Becky’s line about ‘I have a learning disability so I can do whatever I want’ that’s just increasing the idea in society that disabled people are lazy and use disability as an excuse which is stupid. Don’t even get me started on the complete exaggeration of her disability with the Christmas tree. The episode just made me angry

MissG.

Posted at 2:21 AM on December 6, 2013

So, instead of a warm holiday message of joy to the world, peace on Earth, and goodwill to men we get an over-sexualized children’s song and a ridiculous amount of skimpy outfits backed by traditional sacred Christmas songs. I’m not Christian and far from a prude, but I was offended by some of the scenes in this episode. With all the young pretty people with great talent on this show, I was really disappointed by their gross performances.

Blech. Ugh.

Schadenfreude

Posted at 4:27 AM on December 7, 2013

Yeah, I was a little surprised at the stuff they got away with in this episode. I really hope kids don’t watch. But I’m sure many do. Sigh. This ep also snuck in some jokes that caught me off guard and were genuinely, “OMG did they just say that? LOL!” moments. The show has gone downhill a bit, but they still get some points for amusing me.

abe

Posted at 12:43 AM on December 6, 2013

so this is Michael’s favourite!!

Meeting Singles--► MixedPartner

Posted at 12:40 AM on December 6, 2013

REAL partner seeker?OPEN to join a group where all members believe Interracial relationship?Love sees no color..Why not GO TO~~~ ( MixedPartner.c0m ) ~ —-A Serious interracial dating site for singles seeking relationships, friendships beyond race and borders. All members in the site believe interracial relationship.So,how about you?Join us to have a special mixed relationship.77

Gunny

Posted at 12:00 AM on December 6, 2013

I didn’t even try to make sense of it, so it was just fine and I thought it was clever writing. I stopped trying to make sense of their timelines a long time ago.

heyerncbzxvzxv

Posted at 9:43 PM on December 5, 2013

Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~MixedLuv.Çom~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.With the background verification system, you can easily find someone real, serious, quality. Have a try.cvmrturturtu